2018-2019 Grand Prix Final Ladies Free Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 Grand Prix Final Ladies Free Skate

rei00

Rinkside
The look on Satoko's face broke my heart, though. Calling the URs is all fine and good, but 69 in PCS is a disgrace. I guess the judges are finally forcing her into retirement like everybody on this forum wanted :(

I'm heartbroken as well, but she's actually third after Alina and Rika, thank goodness.
I KNEW I shouldn't get used to good PCS in previous competitions((

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
If they're going to call URs why don't they do it consistently and stop cherry-picking which skaters to be strict on? But who am I kidding.[/QUOTE
This. It needs to be called for everyone. Satoko got destroyed but magically 2 UR by Zagitova and one by Kaori did not!

Which jumps by Rika and Kaori were UR’d? I will happily rewatch in slo-mo if you can identify them for me, as I didn’t see any URs watching live.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I'm just saying a lot of people are acting all surprised by Alina's PCS score being "so high". That is clearly unwarranted since Alina has been receiving higher PCS for the entirety of the last year.

Her high PCS has always been unwarranted. Just because she keeps getting them doesn't legitimize them.

yude

Record Breaker
She went to a ton of ice shows in the summer and did this programme as if it was competition. I watched quite a few of the shows, and she fell a lot. But she never gave up, and Johnny Weir said she really worked on her jumps in ice show practice.

Oda once said Rika was like Yuzuru in that sense :laugh:

Congratulations to all medalists and thank all the skaters for the great event :thumbsup: :clap:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
okay..so obviously some people feel Alina is over marked in PCS and it's fine to say so but if you engage with someone who thinks Alina's PCS scores are where they should be don't bicker with them. Present your opinion and listen to theirs or don't engage.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
The worlds will be interesting next year! Will Alina finally get her world championship gold or will Rika swoop in and grab it from her? Oh the next few months leading up to it will be exciting :yay:

Country
Norway
I found Alinas performance strong although small mistakes, but I just can´t understand the choice of Carmen. Overall I find it much better when skaters take original choices in music and program. She has to do it really really good to defend such a choice, which I can´t say she has done. She holds it together though, even if there is a lot of pressure now. So creds for that. I´m ok with here doing the silver, but I also wished Liza had gotten better PCS. But still if she had, she could never take the silver with the points Alina had ahead from the SP.

Btw, has anyone got a clue who will be presenting the Russians in Euros? I guess it´s not decided yet, but I hope we will see Liza for sure. Alina of course will go. How many spots have they got? 4? 3?

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Welp, would've switched 2nd and 3rd, but overall a great competition, thank you to the Ladies for the wonderful performances :thank:

I agree! I would've loved to see Liza in second. Alina's performance deserved a bronze, not a silver.

cake

On the Ice
My heart is broken for Satoko :sad21: , such an exquisite skater and such a wonderful program. I can´t argue about the jumps, but I don´t understand why her PCS is not higher.
And also heartbroken for Kaori, she probably threw away a medal because of that 2T...

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I found Alinas performance strong although small mistakes, but I just can´t understand the choice of Carmen. Overall I find it much better when skaters take original choices in music and program. She has to do it really really good to defend such a choice, which I can´t say she has done. She holds it together though, even if there is a lot of pressure now. So creds for that. I´m ok with here doing the silver, but I also wished Liza had gotten better PCS. But still if she had, she could never take the silver with the points Alina had ahead from the SP.

Btw, has anyone got a clue who will be presenting the Russians in Euros? I guess it´s not decided yet, but I hope we will see Liza for sure. Alina of course will go. How many spots have they got? 4? 3?

Caro maybe if she can stop falling down stairs. Loena might get it back together again too.

Sorry.. I misread what you wrote and thought you asked who could challenge the Russians.

Last edited:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Which jumps by Rika and Kaori were UR’d? I will happily rewatch in slo-mo if you can identify them for me, as I didn’t see any URs watching live.

By my eye, Rika got << on the 3A, which she got. Kaori should have gotten a < on the 3T in the 2A+3T+2T combo. Zagitova's second 3Lz and the 2T and 2Lo in her 3F+2T+2Lo combo were all suspect as well.

Danny T

Medalist
I'm still not yet over the absolute high on Rika's skate, but just FYI I still remember Satoko's atrocious PCS, and even my bleary 6am eyes can see Alina's uncalled URs. Multiple. Satoko deserves those tech calls today, but if you're gonna call her better call everyone too. Her being 6th in the SP is no excuse to specifically target her jumps.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Really wish Kaori had landed her combo to nab the bronze, but happy for Liza! What a comeback season for her. :agree:

I feel exactly the same. I groaned when Kaori fell - she shouldn't have tried the third toe at all. I mean, in the end she destroyed it herself and she knew it - she seemed a bit nervous the entire skate. Idk, if she had beaten Elizaveta without the fall either, but I cannot be too mad about it, my personal feelings aside, Elizaveta really deserved her podium place. I never thought we would see her so consistent again and with 3Lz-3T. Amazing!