2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Men's FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese National FS Championships Men's FS

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww Dai clapping for Shimada, that's nice! :biggrin:

Do they present the medals right after the competition? Or wait for tomorrow and the Gala like in Russia?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Do they present the medals right after the competition? Or wait for tomorrow and the Gala like in Russia?

They did it straight afterwards for the Ladies yesterday. But, the Chinese streamer we were watching switched over to the Russian Gala during it. :mad:

CaroLiza_fan

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wow did he design that costume himself? He should release a fashion line if nothing else! I want that coat!
I don't know:laugh: I just assumed that with all those interesting costumes during all his career he must be invoved a bit in the making process. And even when he doesn't skate he's always stylish.

tzazu

Medalist
>Congrats to the three winners, and special huge and kiss to Dai!!! :hap93:That silver is gold!:hap10::hap57::yahoo:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:shocked: At Shoma getting his foot taped!

:luv17: for Stephane!

And OMG Dai got silver! And Keiji's third?

Danny T

Medalist
Ohh, in fifth, saved by PCS. That's top of the junior men, huh. I guess the judges wanted no doubt as to his spot, though I think JGPF medal is good enough justification.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Oh man. Once the teams are announced... let chaos ensue.

Congratulations to everyone! Shoma, please take care of yourself! Daisuke, go get those minimums! Woohoo!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Right after.

Oh, Shoma's foot....he's such a hero! :sad21:

Dai & Shoma on the podium together is the best Christmas present for MaiKatze! Thank you, Christkind!

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Don't understand a word of this interview, but the interviewers are sure excited! One just popped up outta nowhere! Guess she didn't want to miss her chance to interview Dai!

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I absolutely adore Dai. One of my favorites of all time and I still think he deserved gold in Vancouver.

But I'm not sure that performance deserved 2nd, and the probable Worlds spot. I don't think anyone else delivered especially strongly such that we are in "wuz robbed" territory, but I just felt there was a fair amount of deference scoring in play here. Maybe if I went back and scored I'd feel different, but that's just my gut feeling rn.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
Final standing:

1宇野 昌磨 Shoma Uno 289.10
2髙橋 大輔 Daisuke TAKAHASHI 239.62
3田中 刑事 Keiji Tanaka 236.45
4友野 一希 Kazuki Tomono 227.46
5島田 高志郎 Koshiro Shimada 219.78
6鍵山 優真 Yuma KAGIYAMA 216.36
7壷井 達也 Tatsuya Tsuboi 214.87
8木科 雄登 Yuto Kishina 214.35
9山本 草太 Sota Yamamoto 212.69
10山隈 太一朗 Taichiro YAMAKUMA 212.23
11中村 優 SHU NAKAMURA 211.69
12佐藤 駿 Shun SATO 204.95
13佐藤 洸彬 Hiroaki Sato 199.34
14日野 龍樹 Ryuju HINO 198.98
15鈴木 潤 Jun Suzuki 198.27
16櫛田 一樹 Kazuki KUSHIDA 185.16
17三宅 星南 Sena Miyake 185.15
18笹原 景一朗 KEIICHIROH SASAHARA 177.92
19小林 建斗 KENTO KOBAYASHI 173.53
20山田 耕新 KOSHIN YAMADA171.05
21渡邊 純也 Junya WATANABE 170.88
22中野 耀司 Yoji NAKANO 164.54
23唐川 常人 Tsunehito KARAKAWA 163.02
24中野 紘輔 KOUSUKE NAKANO 150.32

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Shoma is truly the most consistent skater ever.
Rain or shine, injury or not, he's been scoring around the same all season! :points: -And that is very high.
Bless your ankle Shoma, and get some rest! :sad21:
He really put it all out there.

I feel a bit deflated about the rest of the performances in this last group.

I wanted Dai to place as high as possible, but I wanted the younger skaters to give him a real fight. Don't you want to go to Worlds??
Aaahh, I don't know what to think. Too many mixed emotions about the state of Japan's male skaters.

One thing is certain, I'm happy for Dai getting Silver. Welcome back. I'll just remember the SP and we'll see the LP soon again I hope? :agree: