2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 32 | Golden Skate

2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
it is interesting that the three medallists weren't really the top skaters from their country. Russia's best was injured and the American was too young. The top two were amazing. And Ting what a future. Japan will dominate senior worlds. Korea almost came backand got three spots. And Canada really got lucky a bit and made the top ten. So many top ten sp ladies faltered badly to allow that. Good work for Ting to keep it together. Fortunately for her the Japanese ladies and the Russian sub didn't skate too well in the fs or she may have been bumped. Now will these Russian ladies survive puberty?

frida80

Record Breaker
Both Japan and Korea missed three spots by one placement, didn't they? :(
Yeah... a lot of bad luck contributed to this. I feel bad for them. Especially Young and Yuhana who fought as hard as they could. I feel even mor irritated that Yuna's placement on the JW team may cause a tradition of giving senior ladies JW spots. Not fair.

Also if Yelim was here, she would've been super competitive. Just saying.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
it is interesting that the three medallists weren't really the top skaters from their country. Russia's best was injured...

Kostornaia is my favorite of the bunch but I wouldn’t say that she alone is Russia’s best. She won the JGPF, sure, but Trusova won Junior Nats and Scherbakova took the senior title. They’re evenly matched and victory stems from who skates best on the day. Seems silly to sell Anna and Sasha short considering what they’ve accomplished. But nothing new for GS I suppose.

P44

On the Ice
Yeah... a lot of bad luck contributed to this. I feel bad for them. Especially Young and Yuhana who fought as hard as they could. I feel even mor irritated that Yuna's placement on the JW team may cause a tradition of giving senior ladies JW spots. Not fair.

In fact Satoko Miyahara already took part in JWC while she was a senior

Seruleane

Final Flight
I think Trusova's amazing technical advantage outweighed any superior artistry Scherbakova has in this particular competition. I actually prefer Anna S's skating a lot more, and her short program is lovely (one that I often rewatch) but her FS is just kind of stuffy and overwrought to me. Either way, the competition between the two girls is very close. I am most upset about Yuna not getting higher placement here. I think she deserved bronze over Ting Cui.

Fluture

Record Breaker

But Yuna was clearly the best of them? And had she got the PCS she deserves, the end result could have been a lot different. She's junior eligible, so she can skate. I don't think it's unfair. Who else would Japan have sent? Just out of curiosity.

I'm just sad because Japan and Korea have so many talented ladies at the moment, they really deserve three spots.

Yelim had boot problems recently. And wasn't she injured at 4CC or something? I think Haein deserved to be here, too. And if not for that popped axel in the SP, the story would again have looked different. I think it was mostly bad luck that resulted in them losing the spots. Yuna, Yuhana, Haein and Young all fought and showed their absolute best in the FS. But alas, it wasn't enough.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I don't think Alena K. is a clear "best" among Russian juniors. The order of the 3As can be any combination depending on who delivers and also the judging.

it is interesting that the three medallists weren't really the top skaters from their country. Russia's best was injured and the American was too young. The top two were amazing. And Ting what a future. Japan will dominate senior worlds. Korea almost came backand got three spots. And Canada really got lucky a bit and made the top ten. So many top ten sp ladies faltered badly to allow that. Good work for Ting to keep it together. Fortunately for her the Japanese ladies and the Russian sub didn't skate too well in the fs or she may have been bumped. Now will these Russian ladies survive puberty?

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
So once again I must to believe, that Anna's and Sasha's spins were the best today. It's not like they were bad, but not that better than spins of many other girls. It's so good to be top girl from powerful federation.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I felt sorry for Anna, as after she finished her program she kind of said, "I did all what I could"...I don't speak Russian, it was just her expression.

Elaine

On the Ice
I really, really liked Sasha's LP at the begining of the season, but for some reason, it has lost its spark as the season progressed. It's weird because it's usually the opposite way. A lot of programs I don't particularly find good at first sight usually grow on me, but this... :scratch2:

Anyway I just love Sasha's 4T.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I am most upset about Yuna not getting higher placement here. I think she deserved bronze over Ting Cui.

Are you delusional? Shiraiwa was 5.5 points behind Cui after the short program. You do remember there are two programs, right? Then go look at the free skate protocols which are now posted. They reflect the reality of what I saw in real-time as far as underrotations and edge calls on the TES side. As far as the PCS goes, I think Cui did slightly better with her program than Shiraiwa with hers, and that's pretty much reflected in the very close protocols on components as well.

frida80

Record Breaker
Really sad that Japan and Korea only have two spots for next year, but I’m really happy Canada also has 2!

Good for Allison! I’m sure people are still smarting about men’s yesterday, but today was really good day for Canada. Two spots for ladies and the first JW good in dance since V/M!!!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Young's ! on her flip returned here, she didn't get it for a while so I thought maybe it was fixed, apparently not... oh and Haein also got one but Haein's flip edge is her biggest issue

Danny T

Medalist
Are you delusional? Shiraiwa was 5.5 points behind Cui after the short program. You do remember there are two programs, right? Then go look at the protocols which are now posted. They reflect the reality of what I saw in real-time as far as underrotations and edge calls.

Reality in PCS? What about that huh?

Now, I'm not sure if Yuna's advantage in PCS can overcome the tech difference, but it sure as heck should have been an advantage in Yuna's favour, not Ting scoring a full two point higher.