2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 260 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

concorde

Medalist
I didn't realize mentioning her fleetingly with four other promising American skaters in a one sentence post qualified as hyping....

My concern is your fleeting comment could turn into a huge discussion about her. And if you look back over the US Ladies thread over time, you will occassionally see her name woven through it so various posters are pushing to get her name out there.

I think she is extremely talented. But let's wait on discussing her until she is closer to 13.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
this is great news. Though I am a little concerned that the way it was presented itis as though she is just getting the lutz back now or more solid and yes the combo is next. So then what in the world was she trying to do in November 2018 in Russia? I hope that doesn't mean it was her intent to do a double lutz double toe?

No idea. I feel like the more he posts of her, the more it becomes obvious that she was no where even close to ready in Russia. I don't understand if they were hoping for a miracle or what by going there. Anyways, it doesn't matter now. This is in the past...time to focus on the future for Gracie. Seems she has 2a, 3sal, 3loop, 3flip, 3lutz. Maybe not everyday, but this is what Vincent has posted of her landing cleanly thus far.

Steinbeck

Rinkside
My concern is your fleeting comment could turn into a huge discussion about her. And if you look back over the US Ladies thread over time, you will occassionally see her name woven through it so various posters are pushing to get her name out there.

I think she is extremely talented. But let's wait on discussing her until she is closer to 13.

She is 12 this year (not that I’m saying she should be hyped or discussed).

doublequad

On the Ice
No idea. I feel like the more he posts of her, the more it becomes obvious that she was no where even close to ready in Russia. I don't understand if they were hoping for a miracle or what by going there. Anyways, it doesn't matter now. This is in the past...time to focus on the future for Gracie. Seems she has 2a, 3sal, 3loop, 3flip, 3lutz. Maybe not everyday, but this is what Vincent has posted of her landing cleanly thus far.

in the rostelecom practies there was one video of her doing a wobbly 3lz. i think they were hoping for a miracle

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
in the rostelecom practies there was one video of her doing a wobbly 3lz. i think they were hoping for a miracle

Didn't Gracie say that Vincent didn't want her to go, but she insisted? So he probably had zero expectations that she would be able to get triples done.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Didn't Gracie say that Vincent didn't want her to go, but she insisted? So he probably had zero expectations that she would be able to get triples done.
seeing how she reacted to her scores, i dont think she really had zero expectation. I think back then she can do triples but rarely landing it at all and just go hoping she can pull it off somehow? Hoping she can back to her usual competitive level by next season

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
seeing how she reacted to her scores, i dont think she really had zero expectation. I think back then she can do triples but rarely landing it at all and just go hoping she can pull it off somehow? Hoping she can back to her usual competitive level by next season

I said her coach didn't expect it to go well, I didn't say anything about Gracie's own expectations.

halulupu

Final Flight

its clear now she had to fulfill some contrecutal obligation. everthing else would be just insane

halulupu

Final Flight
That's not what she's said about it. I see no reason to assume that that had anything to do with her decision.
Athletes never tell everything. That's their good right. Or maybe she just needed some attention to get new sponsors on board for her comeback story

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wish Gracie well I think potentially she is the best skater in the world if she gets back into her old potential. HOWEVER, I hope the ISU/USFA et al Make her go the regular route to getting invites. In other words no more because she sells but she had her gift or chance at a GP last year and blew it was not ready whatever but she should have to earn her spot to US nats and skate B events or whatever. I am not even sure I would give her a host spot at Skate America because she has had her chances I am not even sure if last year she fully rotated a triple in competition - okay one competition. I wouldn't count her out but Vincent's posts to me suggest she has had greater issues with her jumps and skating than once thought.

frida80

Record Breaker
I wish Gracie well I think potentially she is the best skater in the world if she gets back into her old potential. HOWEVER, I hope the ISU/USFA et al Make her go the regular route to getting invites. In other words no more because she sells but she had her gift or chance at a GP last year and blew it was not ready whatever but she should have to earn her spot to US nats and skate B events or whatever. I am not even sure I would give her a host spot at Skate America because she has had her chances I am not even sure if last year she fully rotated a triple in competition - okay one competition. I wouldn't count her out but Vincent's posts to me suggest she has had greater issues with her jumps and skating than once thought.

Gracie has no choice but to earn a spot now through Skate America or spend a season doing Challengers to get a high score. She used up her comeback slot last year and can’t use it again. It’s going to be a tough fight for Skate America. By my count, seven women will be going for it.

It’s nice that she’s slowly getting her jumps back, but doing them in practice and doing them in competition will be two completely different things. She had a massive episode where she couldn’t compete anymore and then quickly lost her jumps. It may take some time before she’s able to slay the competition demoms.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Athletes never tell everything. That's their good right. Or maybe she just needed some attention to get new sponsors on board for her comeback story

And as always, the best explanation is the simplest one. Occam's razor and all that.;)

She thought she was closer to being ready for a competition than she was. That's it. :)

Heaven knows that applies to many athletes, and many skaters, who have not had Gracie's issues.

Not to mention just plain people.

(and if I hear, oh, she must have known, oh I didn't see any jumps in videos, oh anybody and their uncle could tell.
Hogwash.
The old lady cane comes out:biggrin:)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Calista Choi, Novice ladies champion, posted that she will be representing the U.S. at the junior level at Egna Trophy. Best of luck!

macy

Record Breaker

i think her big goal might have been nationals, hence why she wanted to show up for Rostelecom and get her spot. i do think she had her expectations bit high for that event but i think she just wanted a way to qualify.

andromache

Record Breaker
i think her big goal might have been nationals, hence why she wanted to show up for Rostelecom and get her spot. i do think she had her expectations bit high for that event but i think she just wanted a way to qualify.

Per TSL, Mitch Moyer (or someone else from USFS) monitored Gracie and told her she could withdraw from Rostelecom and they would still let her go to Nationals.