2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating | Page 261 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Ladies' figure skating

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I would really like to hear Bradie’s teleconference for Worlds; does anyone have a link?

Bradie should go full on evil / regal/ sinister / dark in her music choices next season , it suits her better than Juliet or Princess.

Last edited:

natsulian

Final Flight
Ting said that she’s been training Quads and wants to hopefully add them next season. Furthermore, Ting might keep her Short from this season for next season as she debuts in the Senior ranks.

I hope Ting does not add a Quad to her program and really works on her skating skills and putting together two clean programs consistently with 6-7 triples. Instead of a Quad, maybe a 3A as her 2A is already amazing.

Maybe she’ll jump these next season?

3Lz-3T
3Lz-2T-2Lo or 3S-Eu-3F
2A-3T
3F
4S or 4T
2A
3Lo or 3Lz

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
If she's going up against Alysa, I think Ting will train what she can. Alysa went for a quad lutz at regionals. She missed it in competition, and reportedly landed one in warm-up. What these ladies really master will be interesting to see, but it's a good rivalry and hopefully we will have years to see them challenge each other.

skatenewbie

Medalist
Which 7 do you currently have in your count?
Only 3 ladies that guaranteed a GP, Bradie, Mariah and Ting from SB list. so others skaters like

Starr Andrews
Megan Wessenberg
Amber Glenn
Courtney Hicks
Emmy Ma (?)
Angela Wang (?)
Gracie Gold

that few name come to my mind. Mirai also could make a comeback after her surgery last season, she seems trying to regain her jump back and do few combos in practice like 2A-3T.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Only 3 ladies that guaranteed a GP, Bradie, Mariah and Ting from SB list. so others skaters like

Starr Andrews
Megan Wessenberg
Amber Glenn
Courtney Hicks
Emmy Ma (?)
Angela Wang (?)
Gracie Gold

that few name come to my mind. Mirai also could make a comeback after her surgery last season, she seems trying to regain her jump back and do few combos in practice like 2A-3T.

Why is Gracie Gold still in the mix for a Grand Prix? I guess she is Gracie Gold and she sells tickets maybe but her actual skating has been gone now for two years - I know she has a lot of fans but why can't she work her way back into the GP like everyone else?

frida80

Record Breaker

Starr Andrews
Megan Wessenberg
Amber Glenn
Courtney Hicks
Emmy Ma (?)
Angela Wang (?)
Gracie Gold

Emmy can't get a GP unless she gets the SA spot. She didn't go to any CS last year, so she didn't have a SB. I do think she can compete for the SA spot.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Why is Gracie Gold still in the mix for a Grand Prix? I guess she is Gracie Gold and she sells tickets maybe but her actual skating has been gone now for two years - I know she has a lot of fans but why can't she work her way back into the GP like everyone else?

Um . . . that is the point. The whole list is of athletes that could work there way onto the GP like everyone else. The Skate America host spot generally has to be earned via summer scores & competition results. (Although they may skip over you if they think someone else from the summer events has more future potential and/or you have already been given an SA berth recently). These are simply names that seem like likely contenders. If someone else--Pooja, for example--showed up on the summer circuit & was competitive, then she could earn it. And if Gracie showed up & was competitive, she could.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie has been training really hard, and videos have been released showing her landing triples, up to and including 3z. She has 4 more months before the summer competitions begin to put it all together.

lurkz2

On the Ice

Starr Andrews
Megan Wessenberg
Amber Glenn
Courtney Hicks
Emmy Ma (?)
Angela Wang (?)
Gracie Gold

Also Karen Chen and Polina Edmunds

frida80

Record Breaker
Also Karen Chen and Polina Edmunds

Polina also used up her comeback skater.

Truth be told it would take a miracle to get either Gracie or Polina a SA spot. Right now my guess is that Bradie and Ting would take the host spot. The final spot would be a massive fight. Gracie still needs to learn to compete and Polina hasn't started to jump yet. Last time she scored around 150. It's quiet painful to see this board explode when someone does poorly at the GP. I hope that both of them knock it out of the park this summer. But something tells me it's going to take a long time for both of them to get back to their former levels.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

frida80

Record Breaker

skatenewbie

Medalist
How about Ashley Lin as a GP possibility?
i completely forgot about her. Her SB is quite high among american ladies, she can get 1 invite for sure or get the SA spot.

About Karen and Polina is really unknown state for me, Karen might get 1 invite even though since she got a bit reputation(?). While Polina is more unlikely

bennorii

On the Ice
I think Ashley Lin's SB is high enough to get invited to a GP considering all of the RUS and JPN skaters that won't get GP assignments because of the per country limitations.

natsulian

Final Flight
Audrey Shin said that she’s also been training Quads and is getting more consistent in landing the 4T, posting two videos of her landing it. She was pretty mad about not being consistent as she could’ve been Junior Champion this year, but fell flat during the Short.

andromache

Record Breaker
Whoever skates best at summer competitions will get the SA spot. At this point, it could be just about anyone. It'll be an interesting and competitive fight.

skatenewbie

Medalist
I think Ashley Lin's SB is high enough to get invited to a GP considering all of the RUS and JPN skaters that won't get GP assignments because of the per country limitations.
Japan wont have any trouble with limitation they only have like 5 skaters within top 24 SB, including guarantee from WS only 1/2 so still have few spots left for other Japanese skater outside top 24 SB list.

Audrey Shin said that she’s also been training Quads and is getting more consistent in landing the 4T, posting two videos of her landing it. She was pretty mad about not being consistent as she could’ve been Junior Champion this year, but fell flat during the Short.
how is her quad looking? do you have any video of that?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Whoever skates best at summer competitions will get the SA spot. At this point, it could be just about anyone. It'll be an interesting and competitive fight.

The US Champion usually gets picked for SA and the others are chosen from summer results. Since Alysa can't skate in the GP, Bradie as the top ranked US skater this season might get the nod again.

frida80

Record Breaker
Japan wont have any trouble with limitation they only have like 5 skaters within top 24 SB, including guarantee from WS only 1/2 so still have few spots left for other Japanese skater outside top 24 SB list.

how is her quad looking? do you have any video of that?

It was << but getting close.