2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Pairs Short Program

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Z/E demonstrated the highest speed on the landing of the throw jump - 27,8 km/h, almost 10 km/h more than the other skaters :thumbsup:

smythe

Rinkside
Hot take: T/M will win this worlds and have their Shishkova/Naumov moment.

Not with their LP track record. It’s honestly almost more likely they fall 13 points behind the French in the free.

I’d be feeling pretty good if I were the Chinese now. China 1-2 on the podium potentially.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I am both Happy and agree with the top 3 [emoji846] very well done skaters AND (surprisingly) judges [emoji846]

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might skip the first few groups of the Ladies. I'm not a college student anymore and going to work of 3 hours of sleep doesn't sound like a fun adventure :drama:

LadyB

Record Breaker
That was a nice start to the day for me! Very happy so far! Hope Zhenya will continue the fun.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Z/E demonstrated the highest speed on the landing of the throw jump - 27,8 km/h, almost 10 km/h more than the other skaters :thumbsup:

Skating is more than just jumping. They also had the silliest program of the evening. Alas, "Inanity" is not a scoring element.

CherylDee

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Was I the only who did not believe in a title for French?

No. While I placed them first, I honestly don't want them to take gold tomorrow, because I fear whoever wins tomorrow may not win another championship, and I selfishly want Vanessa and Morgan to continue to Beijing. So I'm very happy with this outcome! :dance:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
If Sui/Han do justice to their FS the gold is theirs again, but I do remember the hard fall at 4CC and she is injured still, so it'll be a battle between them and T/M. I want Peng/Jin to stay where they are if possible (please don't fall on that sal please) and Sasha and Mitya to go clean :pray:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
A bit of hot take is that I would have Peng/Jin with better score, Sui/Han with better PCS and winning CO&IN categories. Give Tarasova/Morozov all GOE in the world bc they are worth it when doing well, but I personally don't find the program itself composed and interpreted as intricately, with nuance and complexity as Sui/Han's one. James/Cipres - sigh... My only hope is that they will bring the anger for the free. In the best sense of it.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Well ... I hope J/C can at least nail their free the way they've been nailing it all year. Even if they might not be able to claw back the gold, or even the podium, if they can at least finish the competition with a good skate, that'll be something. I wish I may see them pull a Savchenko/Massot and use the mistakes in the short to fuel a WR in the free ... but 12 points back, IDK. They've had a great season regardless- GPF and European champions!

Podium wish list: S/H, P/J, J/C in any order.

theharleyquinn

Medalist
I think the more relevant consideration than pressure would be the warmup collision.

They didn't, though. Their best event to date was Europeans.

Score-wise yes, which isn't surprising because scores rise and Euros are inflated. I didn't find their skates at Euros that far off from how they did at Skate Canada. They had a clean FS there and a clean SP at Euros.

neusw

On the Ice
If Sui/Han do justice to their FS the gold is theirs again, but I do remember the hard fall at 4CC and she is injured still, so it'll be a battle between them and T/M. I want Peng/Jin to stay where they are if possible (please don't fall on that sal please) and Sasha and Mitya to go clean :pray:

If by some miracle she lands the 3S, they may very well repeat. But her landing the 3S would be a miracle indeed.

And if these two are dating:

1) Han, you lucky bastard
2) About damn time!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Let’s not blame their mistakes on Guillaume. Nobody forced them to work with him.

I'm not blaming their mistakes to Guillame at all. My comment was on the choreography. This program is what I would've expected from them in around the 2014-2016 seasons where they were figuring out their own kind of artistic flavour. This Uninvited program just feels like a step back from who they are today.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No. While I placed them first, I honestly don't want them to take gold tomorrow, because I fear whoever win tomorrow may not win another championship, and I selfishly want Vanessa and Morgan to continue to Beijing. So I'm a very happy with this outcome! :dance:

James/Cipres probably won;t continue to 2022 anywy.. I mean, Vanessa was hinting on ending career many times.

gonewiththewind25

Final Flight
I really really wish that T/M can skate clean and win tomorrow. They were exceptional today and I'm really happy to see them happy after the kind of season that they've had.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Skating is more than just jumping. They also had the silliest program of the evening. Alas, "Inanity" is not a scoring element.

Why are you saying that to me, may i ask? I was just reporting the stats from the throw jump machine this whole time, and it seems to me you all have the problem with what some objective numbers are saying. Its not my problem really, nor i was commenting other things here (but you know i may like silly kempy programs, so :biggrin:)