2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 993 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

tempo

On the Ice
Russian Elder Age Novices Championship 2019
Iceberg Palace, Sochi Olympic park.

18:00 msk - girls, short program

The live stream will be at JuniorTV channel (30 minutes countdown).

Sofia Muravieva - group 1, nr.1
Daria Usacheva - group 1, nr.3
Maria Pavlova - group 1, nr.6
Maria Smirnova - group 2, nr.9
Maya Khromykh - group 3, nr.15
Eva Kobzar - group 3, nr.16
Viktoria Safonova - group 3, nr.17
Nicole Vaitkus - group 4, nr.20
Kamila Valieva - group 4, nr.24
Yasmina Kadyrova - group 5, nr.28

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Both of Sasha’s programs were among my favorites this season for both juniors and seniors but especially among juniors.

Each time I watch 5th element I enjoy it more and they absolutely captured it with their portrayal. Strange movie though in all the best ways. People complain about warhorses and all that and then when someone does something new it gets ripped. The choreography matches the movie and Leeloo so well!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo9CfdDAQP1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ep0glw5lwx42

She’s not the most passionate skater but she does enough to earn good PCS.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Russian Elder Age Novices Championship 2019
Iceberg Palace, Sochi Olympic park.

18:00 msk - girls, short program

The live stream will be at JuniorTV channel (30 minutes countdown).

Sofia Muravieva - group 1, nr.1
Daria Usacheva - group 1, nr.3
Maria Pavlova - group 1, nr.6
Maria Smirnova - group 2, nr.9
Maya Khromykh - group 3, nr.15
Eva Kobzar - group 3, nr.16
Viktoria Safonova - group 3, nr.17
Nicole Vaitkus - group 4, nr.20
Kamila Valieva - group 4, nr.24
Yasmina Kadyrova - group 5, nr.28

Could anyone post the link please?

tempo

On the Ice
Could anyone post the link please?

youtube.com/watch?v=LOZ-iL-7tcY

Hope "they" will not block it right after the event. Too many figure skating videos got blocked last monthes.
By this reason I've started to avoid to post live links here on the forum.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Well, first of all, many people disagree. For example, I think that the FS is a good fit considering her skillset and abilities. It highlights her strength and her athleticism, and somewhat hides her interpretation and performance weaknesses. As people said above, it is a great tool to win.
The fact you hate the programs does not mean that they are bad and they don't fit the skater.

Just to be clear, I thought the choreo was fine and, indeed, was likely designed to maximize Sasha's chances at victory. But the music and cuts? Argh. I love Sasha and was embarrassed she had to skate to such trash. My personal ranking of the girls' programs from this past season...

T1) Alena's Max Richter SP
T1) Anna's Rondo FS
3) Alena's Romeo & Juliet FS
4) Sasha's Kill Bill SP
5) Anna's Comme Amour SP
6) Alina's Carmen FS
7) Alina's Phantom SP
8) Sasha's Fifth Element FS

Not sure where I'd rank Lilbet's programs, but probably somewhere in the middle of the pack. I'm not including novices, but if I were, Kamila's Spiegel would be at the top of this list with Alena and Anna. Also, to redeem Alina, I thought her "Survivor" exhibition program was perhaps the most enjoyable in all of figure skating this past season. Hopefully Daniil and Eteri picked up on this, and will give her something to work with next season other than more boring warhorses.

Georgya

On the Ice
Did I misunderstood or Eteri really said in her big TV interview that she has more friends in USA than in Russia? And more "real" too? Man, that was sad! I'm reading between the lines that her succes came with a price in Russia and her collegues inside the federation are bitter towards her.

Also, for someone so "patriotic" and "russian" and despite her harsh time in America she spoke of US with respect and warm feelings. That made an impression on me.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
Just to be clear, I thought the choreo was fine and, indeed, was likely designed to maximize Sasha's chances at victory. But the music and cuts? Argh. I love Sasha and was embarrassed she had to skate to such trash. My personal ranking of the girls' programs from this past season...

T1) Anna's Rondo FS
4) Sasha's Kill Bill SP
5) Anna's Comme Amour SP
6) Alina's Carmen FS
7) Alina's Phantom SP

Not sure where I'd rank Lilbet's programs, but probably somewhere in the middle of the pack. I'm not including novices, but if I were, Kamila's Spiegel would be at the top of this list with Alena and Anna. Also, to redeem Alina, I thought her "Survivor" exhibition program was perhaps the most enjoyable in all of figure skating this past season. Hopefully Daniil and Eteri picked up on this, and will give her something to work with next season other than more boring warhorses.

I’m a huge fan of Sasha, don’t get me wrong, that’s why I think she deserves great music, cause the programs she got this year weren’t as good for her. If they were, we would be able to see her interpret the music, and that’s not the case, we can’t see her facial expressions in these programs. It’s unfair to compare the music in her FS with Alena’s SP. Alena’s music FITS her.

vitamintea

On the Ice

T1) Anna's Rondo FS
4) Sasha's Kill Bill SP
5) Anna's Comme Amour SP
6) Alina's Carmen FS
7) Alina's Phantom SP

I’m a huge fan of Sasha, don’t get me wrong, that’s why I think she deserves great music, cause the programs she got this year weren’t as good for her. If they were, we would be able to see her interpret the music, and that’s not the case, we can’t see her facial expressions in these programs. It’s unfair to compare the music in her FS with Alena’s SP. Alena’s music FITS her.

I think Eteri's team has done really well with the gala performances this year, and Sasha's was on par with Alina's in terms of strength, originality, and choreography. I thought "Unstoppable" was a great pick music-wise, and the program had all these nice flourishes--the split jump entrance into a jump, the movements directly laying on the ice, and cantilever where her hands open up right as Sia sings "invincible."

Georgya

On the Ice
Kamila Valieva - "Hope Russia"
https://youtu.be/m2XVuXxIyqE

Never get tired of seeing this. So delicate, so powerfull, so beautiful weird, usually during programs my emotions are so that x, y, z skater finishes well, but with this girl I can abandon myself, her skate/ this skate can make me feel.

Has anybody skated to Pan's Labyrinth Lullaby? I think Kamilla and Eteri/Daniil could create something magical with it.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I think Eteri's team has done really well with the gala performances this year, and Sasha's was on par with Alina's in terms of strength, originality, and choreography. I thought "Unstoppable" was a great pick music-wise, and the program had all these nice flourishes--the split jump entrance into a jump, the movements directly laying on the ice, and cantilever where her hands open up right as Sia sings "invincible."

Agreed. I give Alina the slight edge on her exhibition program just because she was doing it all season, whereas we unfortunately didn't get to see Sasha's until the end. All the more reason for her to stick with it for next season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Kamila Valieva - "Hope Russia"
https://youtu.be/m2XVuXxIyqE

Every time I see Kamila skate, I’m more impressed by her. She is so ridiculously talented. Hoping she doesn‘t get injured because if she skates like that, she‘ll absolutely dominate juniors next year. Her spins are the best I‘ve seen in years, that flexibility! And she doesn‘t lose centering either.

She could get a bit more involved in the program, I don’t get a lot of emotions from her yet but she‘s only 12, she will learn that. Her SP is a great fit for her, I hope she keeps it for next year. The FS is a bit bland in comparison but that‘s probably because the SP has such a memorable theme. Her jumps look great, other than the 3Lz-3T combo, she sort of pauses between the first jump and I don‘t know if the technique will hold up. For now she‘s fine, though.

(Still hoping for my favorite of the next-years juniors, little Alena K., to be on the top of the podium sometimes, as well)

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight

Both her programs are in my top-10 of this season. They are great. They are about Sasha, and she is only who can perform them in proper way.