2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating | Page 994 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ladies' figure skating

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Ah I love this program so much, I kinda hope we see it next season too. But then new programs are exciting too.

I agree, this program deserves to be seen internationally. Although I'm sure whatever they come up with for her will be gorgeous.

Maju

On the Ice
Why do people say Kamila’s jumps won’t hold as she grows? She’s a magnificent skater but what do people see wrong? Genuine question, not trying to bait anyone or anything like that :)

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Why do people say Kamila’s jumps won’t hold as she grows? She’s a magnificent skater but what do people see wrong? Genuine question, not trying to bait anyone or anything like that :)

I think the biggest criticism is that there seems to be a bit of awkwardness on her combination. She kind of pauses in between the lutz and the toe and readjusts, and I think that makes the combo look unstable. I hope that it doesn't turn out to be anything too bad though, because it would be a real shame if she loses her jump consistency, then we wouldn't get to see her perform.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I have been traveling a lot the last few months and admit I’ve missed a good amount of stuff but how did I miss this?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu1X7-ln3rw/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=103oax4ucqocn

It’s like a split jump flying entrance into a 3t. So we’re gonna start having flying entrances into our jumps now :shocked:

I’ve been shooketh :dbana:

You should rewatch her full EX performance then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl4yHpBqUHo
It was definitely highlight of the season for me :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

moriel

Record Breaker

Im not entirely convinced that overly flexible skaters can keep their jumps later on.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Im not entirely convinced that overly flexible skaters can keep their jumps later on.

I'd be very interested in a study about hypermobility (although not all flexibility implies the presence of hypermobility) and its impact in figure skating :pray:

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Well that was fun. I was already sold at that weird giggly entrance she made though. Not to mention all the high pitched squeeing ftom the fans :shocked: Lots of similarities to one of my favorite exhibitions of all time too ;)

https://youtu.be/PdDIdrcQxvo

My favorite part is when she falls on the ice and spins on her behind after the sit spin, and she can't help from smiling and almost giggling. How can you not smile while watching that :)

katymay

Medalist

Generally true, most skaters are either one or the other. Not sure why that is. Sometimes it seems powerful legs aren't usually flexible legs. The exception seems to be Zhilina, or Trusova 2.0 I call her. She has amazing flexibility AND powerful jumps.

moriel

Record Breaker
Generally true, most skaters are either one or the other. Not sure why that is. Sometimes it seems powerful legs aren't usually flexible legs. The exception seems to be Zhilina, or Trusova 2.0 I call her. She has amazing flexibility AND powerful jumps.

The relation is something like this - the more muscle you get, the less flexible you are. Of course this can be fixed with effort to maintain or increase the flexibility, but i suppose that works only to a certain point.
So when you gain muscle, you either lose flexibility or it gets harder to maintain as it is because you got to do extra effort.

So dunno, considering the training time is limited, its either one or the other to some degree, and then this could relate to the chances of keeping the jumps past puberty.

ofc this is just some random thoughts

DougDorsey

On the Ice
She could get a bit more involved in the program, I don’t get a lot of emotions from her yet but she‘s only 12, she will learn that.

Really??? My reaction is the complete opposite. I think Kamila's performances are dripping with emotion, which is amazing coming from someone her age. She reminds me a lot of Alena in this respect; the two of them are able to transform themselves the moment their programs start. By the end of their performances, I'm convinced that they're about to shed tears. They're both so cinematic, which is the reason why I don't think either of them needs to rely on crazy jump sequences in order to mesmerize fans.

Regarding Kamila's flexibility, what amazes me even more is her stability. Her body doesn't waver the slightest bit during her spins and when she's holding poses. Was she classically trained in ballet? She surpasses every other Eteri girl in this respect.

AkikoNana

Rinkside
Talking about Alena’s Richter SP, I’ve recently noticed that Eteri team gave her the SP version of early 2017-18 Medvedeva’s FS...it was a mix of Einaudi and Richter music and it wasn’t bad at all.
Later Zhenya changed it with Anna Karenina so it was given the “angel” SP to Alena that suited her perfectly! But I’ve asked myself...if Zhenya would kept that FS, they’d give Alena a program with the same music?

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hate picking a warhorse for anyone but Sasha and a Bolero full of quads :popcorn:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really??? My reaction is the complete opposite. I think Kamila's performances are dripping with emotion, which is amazing coming from someone her age. She reminds me a lot of Alena in this respect; the two of them are able to transform themselves the moment their programs start. By the end of their performances, I'm convinced that they're about to shed tears. They're both so cinematic, which is the reason why I don't think either of them needs to rely on crazy jump sequences in order to mesmerize fans.

Regarding Kamila's flexibility, what amazes me even more is her stability. Her body doesn't waver the slightest bit during her spins and when she's holding poses. Was she classically trained in ballet? She surpasses every other Eteri girl in this respect.

I’m someone who has pretty consistently praised “Eteri programs” and TBH I’m neither here nor there with this one. I don’t love or hate it but I find a lot of the leg movements to be a bit much. I don’t like overdramatic facial expressions and theatrics but I also think that over presenting your posture and flexibility can affect the mood in a similar way.

I don’t know...at this point I’m remaining undecided on Kamila. She has some great flashes but still hasn’t captured my full attention....yet.

Wasn’t there a young Ksenia who has some really good programs this season?

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I’m someone who has pretty consistently praised “Eteri programs” and TBH I’m neither here nor there with this one. I don’t love or hate it but I find a lot of the leg movements to be a bit much. I don’t like overdramatic facial expressions and theatrics but I also think that over presenting your posture and flexibility can affect the mood in a similar way.

I don’t know...at this point I’m remaining undecided on Kamila. She has some great flashes but still hasn’t captured my full attention....yet.

Wasn’t there a young Ksenia who has some really good programs this season?

A lot of this is subjective, of course. But, for what it's worth, Eteri herself came out and said that Kamila's SP was her favorite program of the year.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A lot of this is subjective, of course. But, for what it's worth, Eteri herself came out and said that Kamila's SP was her favorite program of the year.

I don’t know...I change my mind about this stuff all the time. There is a lot of good moments with Kamila’s program. I see that but I keep wanting to compare it to this though for some reason.

https://youtu.be/G9wSxrr2CE4

To me...Zhenya wins this one for the dynamics. Maybe that’s an unfair comparison.

As for program of the year....

Click Here

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I don’t know...I change my mind about this stuff all the time. There is a lot of good moments with Kamila’s program. I see that but I keep wanting to compare it to this though for some reason.

https://youtu.be/G9wSxrr2CE4

To me...Zhenya wins this one for the dynamics. Maybe that’s an unfair comparison.

Click Here

I can see the similarities. But, yeah, Kamila's balletic style just does it for me more than any other skater, baby Zhenya included. We're a long way from 2022, but if I were placing an OGM bet right now, Kamila would be second to only Sasha.

As for program of the year....

Click Here

That was a beautiful performance that was overlooked and underscored, I'll give you that. Wasn't it right after her grandmother passed away? What are your feelings on her staying in juniors next year? Hey, she'll get to face off against Kamila! Oh, and as for that program, hat tip to the choreographer...https://d.pr/i/LLadhA. :love: