2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 535 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

starla16

Medalist
LOL, this is a trailer for a hollywood blockbuster movie! :biggrin: why is russian tv always so intense :laugh:

they are already pittying the girls against each other. It increases ratings I guess for their FS events.
the odd one, Konstantinova should have been removed from the trailer.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Liza N. has to be at her very best at Warsaw Cup. It may be her only chance of a high SB.

She needs to skate like she's at the olympics! that's probably her sole international event this year, so if she impresses the judges and gets confidently over 200, things might work out next season.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tarakanova will be at Volvo Cup the week before Warzaw Cup. It's not a Challenger though.

In my observation, something is not working properly between Tarakanova and Panova.

To me it seems Anastasiya is left too much to her own devices. She doesn’t seem to have this stabile psychology yet, seems uncomfortable in her images and hence her programs. I don’t know what the resources are in #TeamPanova, wether Anastasiya is taken under the wings of another member of her team, or even wether she is really settled in at Snow Leopards and comfortable there.

Panova seems so cool and distant around Anastasiya, and it was mostly Moiseyeva who travelled to the GP stages.

Hope for a good second start in Russian Cup. Do not really worry over her chances, for she is a good competitor and fierce fighter, but there is no spark.

ruga

Final Flight
they are already pittying the girls against each other. It increases ratings I guess for their FS events.
the odd one, Konstantinova should have been removed from the trailer.

They included all senior girls who have 2 spots at Grand Prix/are included in the main team (they basically overlap). Also, don't forget that Stasya is in fact 2019 Russian champion among seniors.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In my observation, something is not working properly between Tarakanova and Panova.

To me it seems Anastasiya is left too much to her own devices. She doesn’t seem to have this stabile psychology yet, seems uncomfortable in her images and hence her programs. I don’t know what the resources are in #TeamPanova, wether Anastasiya is taken under the wings of another member of her team, or even wether she is really settled in at Snow Leopards and comfortable there.

Panova seems so cool and distant around Anastasiya, and it was mostly Moiseyeva who travelled to the GP stages.

Hope for a good second start in Russian Cup. Do not really worry over her chances, for she is a good competitor and fierce fighter, but there is no spark.

Do you remember the airport anabasis before the Lake Placid?

starla16

Medalist
They included all senior girls who have 2 spots at Grand Prix/are included in the main team (they basically overlap). Also, don't forget that Stasya is in fact 2019 Russian champion among seniors.

she finished 4th at russian nationals.

Fluture

Record Breaker
she finished 4th at russian nationals.

Among seniors. 3A were juniors at that point.

What’s your problem with the video? They included all senior girls with 2 GP spots this season. The main team. Sorry but you seem quite rude. First Sotskova now Konstantinova. Just leave the girls alone, will you?

halulupu

Final Flight
Tragic in the way that she tries so hard, has three 3A's consistently in both SP and FS, she works on her flaws (transitions, choreo, higher BV) but still she will not beat any of the 4A from Eteri when they all go clean.

And it is also tragic that Liza has the best technique on her jumps, but will not get rewarded for that. Obviously she has a much better Lutz in terms of toe-pick and prerotation than all the 4A.

2 pages before Liza was a rude adult who doesn't respect little girl. now she became a tragic figure. I a am sure next page someone is suggestion she should retire and get babies. its sad

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Do you remember the airport anabasis before the Lake Placid?

I remember. Moiseyeva was in Gdansk too, IIRC. Panova was with Sinitsyna and Frolova in Egna. Where she stayed very coolly and very distant from her skaters, emotionless even. Last weekend there was a coach unknown to me in Saransk. Is Panova often in Sochi running camps there?

I can’t get my finger behind it but it seems to me Tarakanova is sort of ‘second plan’ in Snow Leopards.

It’s a bit odd Shabotova is still training at Snow Leopards, where are the priorities?

Fluture

Record Breaker
It’s a bit odd Shabotova is still training at Snow Leopards, where are the priorities?

Why is that odd? Tursynbaeva and Kvitelashvili are still training with Tutberidze, aren‘t they? And she‘s got even more students than Panova.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I remember. Moiseyeva was in Gdansk too, IIRC. Panova was with Sinitsyna and Frolova in Egna. Where she stayed very coolly and very distant from her skaters, emotionless even. Last weekend there was a coach unknown to me in Saransk. Is Panova often in Sochi running camps there?

I can’t get my finger behind it but it seems to me Tarakanova is sort of ‘second plan’ in Snow Leopards.

What makes you think she's the second plan? She had only 1 student going there, she needed to stay home with the other two and prepare them for upcoming events.
She went when she had 2 girls in one event, makes sense.
Eteri didn't go to any events at all this season, it doesn't mean any of the girls are 'second priority' to her.

Too much drama because of K&C again :noshake:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Why is that odd? Tursynbaeva and Kvitelashvili are still training with Tutberidze, aren‘t they? And she‘s got even more students than Panova.

Do we have comparable info on #TeamPanova’s staff and resources?
The ‘Tutberidze’ sessions with the core teams seem pretty crowded already, but with three trainers at work, everyone will get a reasonable amount of personal attention and quality time.

I think Tarakanova needs a specific approach and perhaps more individual quality time. Would she prefer working with male coaches over female coaches?
Her history of three rinks gives no clue and I’d hate to see her go to waste because nobody really bothered with her, finding the right approach etc.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Do we have comparable info on #TeamPanova’s staff and resources?
The ‘Tutberidze’ sessions with the core teams seem pretty crowded already, but with three trainers at work, everyone will get a reasonable amount of personal attention and quality time.

I think Tarakanova needs a specific approach and perhaps more individual quality time. Would she prefer working with male coaches over female coaches?
Her history of three rinks gives no clue and I’d hate to see her go to waste because nobody really bothered with her, finding the right approach etc.

what makes you think she's not getting proper attention?

Artemisa

Final Flight
I'm afraid that tarakanova may become another Gubanova ... if she doesn't get stability in coaching or doesn't comeback to Eteri ... She have great jumps but something is missing

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Tragic in the way that she tries so hard, has three 3A's consistently in both SP and FS, she works on her flaws (transitions, choreo, higher BV) but still she will not beat any of the 4A from Eteri when they all go clean.

And it is also tragic that Liza has the best technique on her jumps, but will not get rewarded for that. Obviously she has a much better Lutz in terms of toe-pick and prerotation than all the 4A.

Literally every skater tries hard and works to improve. There is nothing sad about Liza's career. She's won a ton of medals, she is still going strong at 22 when others (arguably some even more talented) had to retire in their teens. You don't need to reduce her to some pitiable character. Jump technique is only one part of skating. If she has good technique but falls short in every other area...too bad. It's called competition and everyone has to maximize their strengths and hope that they are the best on a given day. Eteri's girls didn't just fall off a turnip truck being able to do what they do. They ALL work hard. And they will have bad days and injuries and there is no guarantee they'll still all be skating in their 20s. Nobody is promised anything.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Shabotova is too young to live in Ukraine her parents probably want her at home in Moscow when she's representing Russia or Ukraine. Anastasia probably wants to train and live in Moscow as well.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think every challenger will be happy to have 3 russian girls
Who was the third Russina in finlandia?

I'm afraid that tarakanova may become another Gubanova ... if she doesn't get stability in coaching or doesn't comeback to Eteri ... She have great jumps but something is missing
True. Sad but true. Nastya T has such a great personality and seems like a nice girl. But something is holding her back. I guess thats a lack of stability in both Nastyas. They have that in common unfortunately.