2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 633 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
I think her fs program is the best in the ladies field. Gleikh is extremely talented choreographer, others just can't compete with him

I hated her initial vampire exhibition program. But she was injured then and the program was new. This FS is so perfect for her, I didn’t expect to like it as much as I do.

If you know the story (ashamed to say I’ve read the books) the program really fits. It starts with innocent, beautiful Bella. Then she’s drawn into this dark, supernatural world and seduced by a dangerous vampire. And in the final transition she becomes a vampire and embraces this new power, energy, and outlook it provides her.

It’s so perfect at showing off multiple sides of her skating. There is the ice princess, the dark and serious skater, and finally that fun, sassy, spunky skater that I don’t think her prior programs allowed for her to highlight (and in my opinion fits her true personality most).

Not all of Daniil’s programs are great but he is increasingly talented and has definitely created some excellent programs this season.

sleepylexie

Spectator
She skated clean across two programs, I don't know what the problem is.. This wasn't Alina's best competition, the ice condition probably gave her some troubles. At NHK, things will be different. It's in Japan, where she loves to compete, and the ice will be perfect there.

Edit: Shallow note but Alina's dress was the best for me today. She looked like a real queen out there. Just beautiful. :luv17:

She looks like an absolute goddess in both dresses this season imho

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
On a really sad note...

Maria Sotskova, last place 144+ points, total score.

She's lovely and if she wants to continue to skate then good for her, but putting herself through this agony of bad skates cannot be doing her any good mentally.

Poor Masha

Fluture

Record Breaker
She looks like an absolute goddess in both dresses this season imho

She does. Mature and beautiful. And she seems so confident as well. I prefer the FS dress but that's just personal taste.

Since we're discussing dresses... I like Aliona's dresses, even though I prefer the old SP one at this point. The colour of the FS dress is lovely but these red patches representing blood are a bit too much, imo. :)

theharleyquinn

Medalist
Actually, the ! on her 2nd lutz isn't outrageous. There should be less dispute over it than over the e she received yesterday. The first one is difficult to see from this angle. Maybe a fan video from a different angle will clarify it.

Alena's 1st 3A was under but no UR call there. The 3F edge looked ok to me, surprised about that one.

Yes the second one had a very apparent inside edge. The first one was more slight, similar to yesterday.

pearly

Record Breaker
Yes the second one had a very apparent inside edge. The first one was more slight, similar to yesterday.

All I can see is flat so I agree with the ! call. For Alena, my untrained eye would also call ! (worst case scenario), but maybe a different angle would show e. I'm glad both her 3As were called clean, even though the 1st was clearly under. Lovely girl.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Aliona was OUTSTANDING. The tiny queen of the triple Axel and skating skills. Also she got a quite decent PCS finally.

Alina - I'm a HUGE fan of her and I obviously really enjoyed the performance. But I think it is important to try to remain objective, even if you're a huge fan. This was not a good technical performance from her. I looked at the protocols, and I had to agree with the calls that she got, sadly.
She seems to have a little trouble translating what she's capable of in practice to the actual performance. Which is totally fine, I believe everything will work out well for NHK.

Congrats to the girls, Team Tut is really slaying this year.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker

The ice conditions did not help and I honestly wonder why the judges didn't cut these ladies some slack having to deal with a slushfest like that. It is hard to skate on, as anyone who has ever skated on such a poor surface will know (a painful memory for some I'm sure...I had some nasty falls because of it).

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Jury Verdict:

Sotskova needs to hang up the skates for good.

Stop this.

Stop trying to make life decisions for these girls. She knows where she stands and how she's not competitive. If she wants to continue skating, she can. She earned her GP from her previous results and she will also have to earn any future assignments, too. If she wants to compete at lower levels and try to improve herself, she still can.

andromache

Record Breaker
Surprised Alena didn’t get a UR call on her first 3A - I saw the hook in slow-mo, but I think it works out fairly because I didn’t see the UR they gave her yesterday. :)

Gorgeous performances from both ladies, and I’m so happy for Alena!!!! Alina had the fall, but she got it together for a strong program overall. I think she used to let one fall really get to her and affect the rest of her skate, so she impressed me. You can tell how confident and happy she is.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The ice conditions did not help and I honestly wonder why the judges didn't cut these ladies some slack having to deal with a slushfest like that. It is hard to skate on, as anyone who has ever skated on such a poor surface will know (a painful memory for some I'm sure...I had some nasty falls because of it).

The men reported today in interviews that the ice today was much more frozen and less soft than yesterday. Romain actually complained that he prefers the soft ice from yesterday, as it is better for jumps lol I was surprised to hear that

jvpiter

Rinkside
Alyona was great in the FS and deserving of the first place.

Alina’s fall on the lutz left me on edge and I actually screamed in joy when she landed the loop later.

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
So you are actually saying she should have had 85 points? Come on, now!
You're taking this way too far

In the end, the difference was 24 compared to Bell, and that is the harsh reality between a Tutbderidze girl and a non-Russian, and not even that, since Zagitova being a Russian and Tutberidze girl and is 20 points from Kostornaia. The 3A skates to another level gentlemen, all they over 160 and leaving their rivals 15, 20, 25 points apart. And when Trusova includes the 3A maybe it's 40 points apart ...

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
What exactly is the definition of a fall? Because I thought Alina fell but it wasn't judged as one and got no deduction.

Is it something to do with how much of your body/weight distribution actually contacts the ice? As in she didn't actually go right down on her butt/side/whatever?

I'm not good at describing things lol

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
The men reported today in interviews that the ice today was much more frozen and less soft than yesterday. Romain actually complained that he prefers the soft ice from yesterday, as it is better for jumps lol I was surprised to hear that

It was looking slushy and with puddles for the ladies, it was very obvious