2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 635 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I can't help wonder how a skater who medaled two or three years ago at GPF can go so down. I mean it's obvious that the puberty strikes badly, especially the russian girls, but even so... I feel very sorry for Sotskova. Sometimes I think that for the russian girls there is no middle, is either gold, either last. And they get to taste both of them, in that order that being last, after being used to be first, is so heartbreaking.
I really had high hopes for Alina, she looked so good at the Russian tests. I even thought she has a big chance to win this, even with Alena's triple Axels. She did some mistakes, I think because of what happened yesterday she felt insecure today and both the jumps and the performance were affected. She performed this LP at the Russian tests and it was amazing, she was smiling and she was very into her character. She still did a good job but I didn't feel the vibe. And I hope that the judges don't show her the cold shoulder while they are embracing the new Russian babies. Because I am so tired of this. "I like you if you're 15 and can jump and spin like a machine and you have no idea how is to lose because you always win, but then when you're already 17, I already like another jumping machine". I believe Alina can fight and has the proper technique to do so. I really want another 20 years old Russian skater besides Liza. I love all the new girls, it is impossible not to, but I need to watch some women skate too.

Well they are not machines. You can’t expect that everything will work all the time. I noticed that Alina often did well at training and sometimes she made mistakes on competition. She can still medal and she doesn’t need to win each competition.

The most important thing is she enjoys to skate without any pressure

Fluture

Record Breaker
And here we go... The Endless nonsense battles:

Evgenia vs. Alina.

Sasha vs. Alenka.

Who's next?

Daria vs. Kamila? Kanisheva vs. Kamila? Sinitsyna vs. Kamila? and so on.

Speaking of Kanysheva. How is she doing? I miss her... is she still injured? :( I was hoping to see her at some Russian Cup events so she can qualify for junior nationals.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
And here we go... The Endless nonsense battles:

Evgenia vs. Alina.

Sasha vs. Alenka.

Who's next?

Daria vs. Kamila? Kanisheva vs. Kamila? Sinitsyna vs. Kamila? and so on.

Well yeah, of course it will be all of those.

Creating Skating rivalries is a tradition now.

Tonya vs Nancy
Lipinkski vs Kwan
Kwan vs Cohen
Kwan vs... everybody
Yuna vs Mao

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Well they are not machines. You can’t expect that everything will work all the time. I noticed that Alina often did well at training and sometimes she made mistakes on competition. She can still medal and she doesn’t need to win each competition.

The most important thing is she enjoys to skate without any pressure

She's won it all, I'm sure it would be great if she could repeat some of those victories but if not she seems happy to just enjoy competing.

sleepylexie

Spectator
She does. Mature and beautiful. And she seems so confident as well. I prefer the FS dress but that's just personal taste.

Since we're discussing dresses... I like Aliona's dresses, even though I prefer the old SP one at this point. The colour of the FS dress is lovely but these red patches representing blood are a bit too much, imo. :)

I'm not too crazy about the FP dress, especially the shoulders cut-outs and the blood patches. She should've had something more sophisticated to go with her skating

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If any of you guys watched other sports you might know that the overwhelming majority of teams play better at home. Maybe they just feel more comfortable in front of a friendly audience and with their family and friends there. Maybe they actually skate better at home than they do on the road with all the hassles and drama of travel which would explain why they score better at home.

Anyway.. Mariah and Bradie are not Russian women and this is off topic. If you want to discuss comparing scores either find a thread about that or open one. Be aware that everyone will tell you the same thing: You can't compare scores across competitions.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Zhenya's FS at Skate Canada was beautiful, she's not perfect (nobody is) and she has her weaknesses just as everyone does...but if she can skate like that both SP and LP she is in with a chance of getting a very good score.

On a more shallow note:

I still don't understand what the deal is with the blue "tissue paper" resembling stuff she has flapping off her SP bodysuit and even some on her LP dress. It's distracting, get rid of it and both would look much better.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Oh no :laugh2:

I haven't seen this for my entire life, Oh my Darwin, that was just... I don't have proper vocabulary for this :rofl:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Where’s Eteri’s post though :)
3 down - 3 to go!!!
3A are truly special, each have their strengths, all of them are so different and unique. A trio that will go down in history.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Yeah, that was some blunder. Do they even rehearse the basics of decoration of the medalists, LOL. The bearer girls helped the gentleman out.

Alyona and Alina singing along the national anthem of Russia, which btw is regarded as a high standard in musical terms.

And some replays of Alyona's very high, far and floaty triksels, which brought her this victory.

Scott512

Record Breaker
When nobody protests loudly, "mistakes" will soon become a norm. "When people have swallowed it one time, why not to do it again." Mr. Jeroen Prins sends his regards.

Not to mention that I wouldn't be happy if the public space would have been taken only by those who are already celebrating over the "bravery of the tech panel finally calling Alina's flutzes".

Made up fake calls for everyone? Yeah, sure. No, only for Aliona (ur) and Alina (e). Bell's rotation on 3Lz was no better than Aliona's 3A, Bell's edge on 3Lz was no better than Alina's. But she didn't get the same calls. So, no.

Yeah, that was some blunder. Do they even rehearse the basics of decoration of the medalists, LOL. The bearer girls helped the gentleman out.

Alyona and Alina singing along the national anthem of Russia, which btw is regarded as a high standard in musical terms.

I can't wait to watch that. I'm sure they're excellent singers but Sofiia can out sing them all.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
The guy who gave the medals to the girls was a bit confused and gave the gold medal to Mariah. She laughed and put it around Aliona's neck. It was funny to watch, the girls were laughing as well. :laugh:

At least they had a good laugh about it :laugh2:

GP France really is a hot mess, really hope it gets replaced.