Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1318 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Does anyone know anything about the rumor of a fan who kinda creepily waited for Zhenya @ TCC?
Apparently, this person managed to get inside TCC by approaching Evgenia's mom & security tried to get this person to leave but they wouldn't until they got a pic with her.
I saw a few tweets about it but I don't know where ppl getting this info from.
Not trying to start rumors but I'm genuinely curious and concerned if it's true.
It's true,

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
What!? that is really disrespectful of that "fan" :noshake:
I hope Zhenya was ok :(
Well first she tried to get into tcc , security didn't let her so she waited outside, apparently zhenyas mum came and they talked and zhenyas mom took her inside, she spoke with zhenya and took a few selfies, wished her good luck for next week . and from what I read zhenya was ok but just came from a trainings session, and I think it was blown up in the internet, it was a fan who came from Mexico to Canada to mabye have a chance to see zhenya, and after all zhenyas mum took her to zhenya so mabye the security informed zhenyas mom and she spoke about it with zhenya and zhenya was ok e2ith it? I do not think that zhenyas mum would have brought her into tcc if zhenya was not up meeting her. So I think we should all calm down.

Watch

Final Flight
I've seen the post by this fan and tbh it looked completely innocent and rather sweet? Don't know what the fuss is about and am surprised to hear there is a fuss to begin with. Waiting a few hours on one day, as a one time occurance, to try and meet someone famous at a place where they're publicly known to be at, doesn't qualify as stalking.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So this might seem super out of place because it's been two weeks since Skate Canada, but I just wanted to drop in and say how much fun it was to see Zhenya live again!

(I am also sorry to all of you there that I didn't mention I was coming -- it was kind of a chaotic few weeks leading up to the GP and I really kinda just showed up --) Also, I meant to post this last week, but it has been chaotic since I came back from SCI. It never ends. :laugh:

Anyway, the overall improvements all around were striking from when I saw her at SCI last year. This time around, I got to see all the practices and warm-ups so I had ample opportunity to watch Zhenya. She is faster, covering more ice and using more of her edges. I really enjoy watching her do her stroking and skating skills exercises at the end of warm-up (as I said elsewhere, it seems to be a TCC thing cause I got to see Jason/Jun do it at Skam and then Zhenya and Yuzu at SCI!). It was there where you can see her growth. I actually shot a video of it, so if you want to see it PM me and I'll send a link. :)

I felt SO bad for her at the SP because until then, she literally was clean. She was not MISSING ANYTHING in practice. The only mistakes she made, literally, were those two errors during the SP. But it was great to see her return to form in the FS! Her 3S-3Lo looked great! The other thing that I feel was an important development -- which you all saw either live on the screen -- as how the FS comeback was less of an "I'm angry at myself so I'm going to hit everything" but really simply just a calm return to form. I think that is an important development for her. I think she spent a lot of last season realizing that she can make mistake and comeback from them and I really felt we saw that in the FS. The focus was on executing the program as planned--you pretty much forgot she had issues in the SP, IMO.

I observed her interactions with Brian and it's clear how invested he is with her. It's a very similar dynamic I saw with Tracy and Jason at SKAM. It's kind of interesting that they both came to TCC around the same time and how they ended up having an important coaching dynamic of their own.

Overall, I came away encouraged by Zhenya's development. It's gonna be a tough season with the 3As in the field, but I think Zhenya will still be able to make progress in her skating and personal growth and I think that's important.

Last edited:

Aichwan

Rinkside
I've seen the post by this fan and tbh it looked completely innocent and rather sweet? Don't know what the fuss is about and am surprised to hear there is a fuss to begin with. Waiting a few hours on one day, as a one time occurance, to try and meet someone famous at a place where they're publicly known to be at, doesn't qualify as stalking.

I want to believe this.
I didn't see the original post by the fan, only the ones that were calling her/him out and saying that it the behavior was scary and borderline-stalking, so that is why I was curious and a bit concerned for Zhenya.
I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it was made out to seem.
Sometimes social media is a scary place, everything is blown out of proportion :confused:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I want to believe this.
I didn't see the original post by the fan, only the ones that were calling her/him out and saying that it the behavior was scary and borderline-stalking, so that is why I was curious and a bit concerned for Zhenya.
I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it was made out to seem.
Sometimes social media is a scary place, everything is blown out of proportion :confused:

I read the original thread (which I think was deleted cause I can't find it now). I don't think the girl is a stalker or meant harm, but I don't necessarily agree with the practice. TCC prides itself as a tight-security type of place because it wants to protect the skaters and coaches. Also skaters have routines and things, and it's not idea to interrupt them in the parking lot -- think of it this way -- would you like a stranger approach you in the parking lot after you've worked for several hours? Probably not.

I think Zhenya and her mom was super gracious, but honestly, this could have turned out badly if it was a different skater and person. It's pretty known that Yuzu has stalkers, what if one of them try to do the same thing?

There are ample opportunity to meet skaters. If this girl could afford to fly to Toronto and give her gifts, why not spend the money to go to a competition like ACI or SCI, which was also in Canada and try to meet her during a practice or around the rink. Or go to Stars on Ice and buy a meet-and-greet pass. Or if she REALLY wanted to meet Zhenya at TCC, field a request to TCC/Brian and respect whatever decision they would make.

I don't want to shame the girl, cause I get how exciting it was for her to meet Zhenya, but at the same time, I think it's important to be respectful of skaters private spaces and TCC is supposed to be one of them. Zhenya actually does a LOT Of public appearances for fans -- not to mention shows etc -- she gives a lot of herself and I think TCC should be off limits unless there's permission (and no -- "I know somebody who knows Zhenya who said it's okay to wait in the parking lot" is not permission).

Last edited:

skatingfan200

Medalist
I read the original thread (which I think was deleted cause I can't find it now). I don't think the girl is a stalker or meant harm, but I don't necessarily agree with the practice. TCC prides itself as a tight-security type of place because it wants to protect the skaters and coaches. Also skaters have routines and things, and it's not idea to interrupt them in the parking lot -- think of it this way -- would you like a stranger approach you in the parking lot after you've worked for several hours? Probably not.

I think Zhenya and her mom was super gracious, but honestly, this could have turned out badly if it was a different skater and person. It's pretty known that Yuzu has stalkers, what if one of them try to do the same thing?

There are ample opportunity to meet skaters. If this girl could afford to fly to Toronto and give her gifts, why not spend the money to go to a competition like ACI or SCI, which was also in Canada and try to meet her during a practice or around the rink. Or go to Stars on Ice and buy a meet-and-greet pass. Or if she REALLY wanted to meet Zhenya at TCC, field a request to TCC/Brian and respect whatever decision they would make.

I don't want to shame the girl, cause I get how exciting it was for her to meet Zhenya, but at the same time, I think it's important to be respectful of skaters private spaces and TCC is supposed to be one of them.

We have to respect Zhenya´s mother decision. For sure she knows better how the situation was on the ground than people on the internet. End of story.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
We have to respect Zhenya´s mother decision. For sure she knows better how the situation was on the ground than people on the internet. End of story.

I’m not disrespecting her. As I said I think her mom was gracious and kind and I don’t think the girl was doing harm. I just think there are more appropriate (not to mention plentiful) ways to connect to your favorite skater.

Anyway, I’ll let it go here. Onward :)

Last edited:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Going to Skate Canada and cheering for Zhenya there would have been a better way to show her support.

Placebo11

On the Ice
I don't understand the fuss. Trying to meet your idol at the TCC is no stalking at all. It would have been a different story had she waited in front of Zhenya's apartment building.

Coryocris

Praise our Little Bear
On the Ice
Country
Germany
I don't understand the fuss. Trying to meet your idol at the TCC is no stalking at all. It would have been a different story had she waited in front of Zhenya's apartment building.

Also, telling TCC to increase their security levels? What do they want, a heavily armed guard and some lasers? Zhanna talked to her and agreed that she can meet Zhenya probably under her supervision. What does TCC have to do with this?

iamSkylar

Rinkside
I think the whole Mexican fan at TCC thing has been blown way out of proportion with so many people writing negative things and some resorting to cyber bullying. Not cool. Zhenya and her mom did what they did they girl got to have a cool experience meeting Zhenya.

That’s it. Please drop the drama, we have enough of it on ice!

dancelion21

On the Ice
I hated seeing Zhenya fall in the SP at Skate Canada, and it's really unfortunate that she likely won't be able to make the GPF. However, I have faith in her, and I hope she doesn't give up.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does anyone know anything about the rumor of a fan who kinda creepily waited for Zhenya @ TCC?
Apparently, this person managed to get inside TCC by approaching Evgenia's mom & security tried to get this person to leave but they wouldn't until they got a pic with her.
I saw a few tweets about it but I don't know where ppl getting this info from.
Not trying to start rumors but I'm genuinely curious and concerned if it's true.
It can't be true! But if it happened I hope it wasn't the guy who tried to smooch her at a signing. No stalkers please. Ugh the things these girls and women have to put up with. :(

Aichwan

Rinkside
It can't be true! But if it happened I hope it wasn't the guy who tried to smooch her at a signing. No stalkers please. Ugh the things these girls and women have to put up with. :(

Apparently it was true but a bit blown out of proportion on social media.
Yes, maybe there are better ways of meeting a person you admire, but, from what I gather is that it doesn't seem like the person was aggressive or anything near stalking her. Literally, just an excited fan.
Zhenya's mom allowed this fan to meet with her, so it was all good.

& no it was not the guy who tried to smooch her at the signing

Aichwan

Rinkside
When do you think she will leave for Russia? We will see her in a week. :yahoo:

I'm so exciteddddd! :popcorn:
I hope she skates free of whatever self-doubt was plaguing her in her last competition.
Both of her programs are beautiful and she deserves a clean skate on both. She works so hard.

Maia96

On the Ice

I agree with you.

I follow this fan on Twitter and read the story.

The problem was generated on social medias by fans of a famous skater who trains at TCC. According to these fans, a fact like that could put at risk the security of their idol.

I understand the issue of security. But the girl came in with Zhenya's mother. If Zhenya's mother considered that she could go in and see her daughter there isn't discussion about this subject. And if that couldn't be done according to the TCC's rules it's a matter of Zhenya's mother with the club. But not from a group of fans complaining to the club for the safety of their idol.

There are fans who think that life revolves around their idol and don't understand that could be other people who are fans of other athletes. And that having this boy in front of them doesn't interest them.