2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 693 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
https://youtu.be/uC-v9I6ZoOc

Now I do not know if this is actually the right place to post this, but today I stumbled over a swiss novice girl that uses the same music as Alena Kostornaia in her short. Now I don't know if its just coincidentally but wouldn't it be cute if it was sort of a homage to Alena? Anyways it made me smile today

Fluture

Record Breaker
I would hope she would have been comfortable and confident with her former team since she was smiling a lot then too. :)

But the key now of course is will Zhenya take her fine practice form into live competition like she used to. She has to for obvious reasons. And this my friends is one of the biggest challenges of her career. why she isn't taking her great practice form into live competition is perplexing many people.

Oh come on now, that‘s just silly. Of course she was happy there, she stayed there for many years. But now she needed something different and made a change so now she‘s happier with Brian for where she wants to be in her life. It‘s one of the most natural and normal things in the world. People make changes all the time; this is literally what life is about. Of course I can understand that fans get emotional about issues like this but saying “well; well, but she was happy with her old team too!!“ to every “she‘s happier now“ comment is just tiresome.

As for the rest... Actually, it‘s not too perplexing if one thinks more closely about it. Of course, I can‘t deny that I was somehow too expecting her to suddenly have overcome everything after Worlds but humans are just... more complex than that. And competing as an adult is different from competing as a child/teenager, mentally as well as physically. Zhenya‘s been pretty much a sheltered athlete all her life and then she goes and makes this huge change, working with people she‘s never worked before, in a new country with a new language. Not to mention all the purely technical things she’s changed, her new body. Muscle memory is a tricky thing. If you compete all your life a certain way, then it‘s easier because everything‘s familiar. She‘s basically changed everything. For better or for worse (imo; better) she has to live with it. I‘m not saying she should be pitied, far from it. Would just be nice if people could look at her and see a human being and understand that this is just... well... normal.

Fluture

Record Breaker
But is she really? To me, her official media appearances come over as forced, aka 'keeping up appearances'. And only on rare occasions I have seen her in what I think is a relaxed and comfortable state.

Lol, maybe this is because of people constantly assuming everything about her private life from her finances to her personal happiness? She‘s said it multiple times, she‘s happy. Even though she shouldn‘t have to justify anything! But people keep questioning her right or her ability or whatever to decide for herself. As if she wasn‘t an adult capable of choosing what she wants from life. :shrug:

As for her behavior... Well, let‘s just call it different interpretations because what I see is a young woman who‘s finally more at ease with the new people around her. Tracy, Brian and now Ghislain have a nice dynamic with her and I‘m confident that she‘s in good hands. :)

So, nope, I don’t feel like she’s trying to “keep up appearances“, on the contrary. And besides, show me one athlete who is completely at ease and relaxed during media appearances or competition. They‘re all a bit tense one way or another, it‘s normal. Zhenya always seemed articulate and quite extroverted to me, though. I can think of other athletes who are more visibly uncomfortable during media appearances. Which is okay, too, I know that I probably would be. But Zhenya? Imo, she has some of the most interesting press conferences/interviews because she‘s not just like: “I want to thank my coaches and my family; I am very thankful and I will work hard.“ Which again, is fine too but I personally like a more open approach, hearing about the real struggles/feelings/thoughts. But different interpretations/wishes here again, I guess?

So, now I‘m done. Thanks for coming to my ted talk. :laugh:

Fluture

Record Breaker
Kanysheva will likely repeat in juniors. She looks to be missing the entire season this year and it doesn’t seem like she will have a chance to get SB.

I‘m so sad about that. Every time she‘s supposed to compete, she withdraws again. Looks like her injury just isn‘t healing. That‘s so scary for a young athlete like her. Do we know what exactly she has? I‘m pretty worried tbh. :(

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
But is she really? To me, her official media appearances come over as forced, aka 'keeping up appearances'. And only on rare occasions I have seen her in what I think is a relaxed and comfortable state. Perhaps when she's done well in Moscow GP and feels fine, there will be a true and honest interview in her native Russian language, perhaps with Emma Gadzhiyeva?

And I stick to my opinion that #TeamBOrser has done a poor 'packaging job' this season. Nice programs, but poorly designed costumes. That dark unitard is downright hideous in my eyes, making her look way too angular and crooked. The kimono style dress has an unusual cut and looks special and innovative, but being this dark makes her look 'top heavy'. Some lighter colours would suit Yevgeniya better in my eyes, for she is so young still and having dark hair and eyes always make for a nice contrast against lighter coloured, even bright, fabrics.

The costumes might look much better in photographs and when seen on the ice with your own eyes though, TV darkens and distorts quite often. But the majority of spectators watch competitions on screen, and this could've been taken more into account in presenting Yevgeniya as a skater trying to re-invent herself, after having broken herself free from former conventions.

Perhaps she will write her memoirs later in life and disclose all the secrets we so very much tried to guess?
It wasn't orser who thought what dress she will have for the programms, it was zhenya herself, she worked with the designer who made her free style dress. And she says she likes those costumes this year. And she already said she loved the unitard.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
It wasn't orser who thought what dress she will have for the programms, it was zhenya herself, she worked with the designer who made her free style dress. And she says she likes those costumes this year. And she already said she loved the unitard.

She said the same thing about last year’s short program.
In the beginning ... But not for long ...

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I don't see anything forced. She seems in general to be able to express herself more comfortably. Her murder face after SC SP and Brian seemingly knowing there is nothing he could say to make her feel any better, it felt very natural to me.
Their shared delight after her great FS was lovely too.

I like her costumes other than the overly used blue silk flappy bits attached to both of them.
I have no idea how involved her team was with choosing them or if this is how she wanted her costumes to look. She seems to like dark colours too, a lot of her costumes are darker in colour

- - - Updated - - -

She said the same thing about last year’s short program.
In the beginning ... But not for long ...

She changed her program completely and changed outfit along with it

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yes, I think RusFed will keep Vasilieva and Tarakanova in Juniors - again, next year. That's the easiest way for them to solve the GP spot situation.

Tarakanova needs a quad or 3A ASAP ... I hope she nails one soon, or Rusfed will toss her aside :-/

DenissVFan

Medalist
Nasta T. seems to be struggling financially :/ She posted about her gofundme on her youtube channel again. I hope she finds a sponsor.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
She changed her program completely and changed outfit along with it

She changed her program completely and changed outfit along with it........ after her enthusiastic words about it earlier in the season.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I‘m so sad about that. Every time she‘s supposed to compete, she withdraws again. Looks like her injury just isn‘t healing. That‘s so scary for a young athlete like her. Do we know what exactly she has? I‘m pretty worried tbh. :(

I feel really bad for her too. Over the summer I thought for sure that this would be her break out season now that the 3A are in seniors. Her only other main rivals for dominance on the russian team would have been Kamila and Ksenia. Possibly Daria too depending on how she ends up doing. I feel so sad for her.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist

It seems like no one knows. I am so worried for her and also Tursynbaeva. :-(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Tarakanova needs a quad or 3A ASAP ... I hope she nails one soon, or Rusfed will toss her aside :-/

As they say, it requires a man strong enough to hold the fishing rod. I'm afraid in Panova's team there is nobody who could do those necessary first attempts with her skaters in harness.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Those long/not healing injuries in my guess are most likely related to cracked vertebrae or the lumbar discs:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/lumbar-spine-problems-in-elite-athletes-4145381f
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22301257
https://www.umms.org/ummc/health-se...s/spine/patient-guides/low-back-pain-athletes

Conditions like hip displacement are also very serious, esp. in growing youths like Kanysheva.

For what we know, I am glad Khrustalniy takes it easy with their athletes, their capital, their pride and joy. The numbers are sufficient to let the injured heal by themselves. Sambo-70 has excellent medical facilities and staff to support Khrustalniy in the rehabilitation of its athletes.

katymay

Medalist
Russian Cup Stage 4 - short program

1. Anna Frolova 66.69
2. Viktoria Vasilieva 66.52
3. Maria Talalaykina 65.91

Seems a bit low for Vasilieva-I thought she skated pretty much perfect. She is one of the strongest jumpers in the country, just struggling with puberty which is a shame. She reminds me so much of Tonya Harding when she skates.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
She changed her program completely and changed outfit along with it........ after her enthusiastic words about it earlier in the season.

People are allowed to change their minds.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems a bit low for Vasilieva-I thought she skated pretty much perfect. She is one of the strongest jumpers in the country, just struggling with puberty which is a shame. She reminds me so much of Tonya Harding when she skates.

I thought that too, I think her jumps are great especially considering she's growing.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Yes, I’m worried about Lil‘Bet too. I still think doing three biellmanns at Shanghai Trophy with a deeply injured back was not a smart idea at all... I just hope she recovers soon. But at least we know what‘s bothering her and that she‘s being treated. But little Kanysheva? She‘s missing the entire season and it just doesn‘t seem to get better. I‘m having my fingers crossed.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Those long/not healing injuries in my guess are most likely related to cracked vertebrae or the lumbar discs:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/lumbar-spine-problems-in-elite-athletes-4145381f
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22301257
https://www.umms.org/ummc/health-se...s/spine/patient-guides/low-back-pain-athletes

Conditions like hip displacement are also very serious, esp. in growing youths like Kanysheva.

For what we know, I am glad Khrustalniy takes it easy with their athletes, their capital, their pride and joy. The numbers are sufficient to let the injured heal by themselves. Sambo-70 has excellent medical facilities and staff to support Khrustalniy in the rehabilitation of its athletes.

Just went to her mom‘s Instagram
Looks like she’s on her way to recovery.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B4woOXFpWG7/