2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Women's Figure Skating

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
She should change a group, seriously. She always looks like a scared mouse. Nevertheless, she lost to Sinitsyna and Frolova even when she landed her quad..
Yea she lost cause she fell on the 3-3. Otherwise she would've gotten 2nd but of course thats not considering the lack of Muravieva at the tournament and the many others throughout the season.

Gorbacheva has a long road ahead of her but the fact she landed the 4S at all is enough not to give up on her.

I dont know much about the different training groups so can't comment on that.

Azikin

Medalist
As much as I'm a kami bot - Anna deserved this - I repeatedly revisit this skate - it was glorious
As much as I'm Anna's fan, I still cant' be happy about her win. First, because of the whole Olympics athmosphere surrounding the Kamila controversy and second, because it effectively ended her carreer, as Olympics often do...

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist

So after watching this fan cam I would like to send a formal apology to all Frolova fans who I have been ridiculing.

She is a master in this performance. Everything I said she doesnt have, she showed that she does with this skate.

Judging by fan cams, nobody else came even close to this pure skating at this event. Sinitsyna totally paled in comparison. Muravieva was great in her 2nd half but she had too many shaky and inconsistent moments at the start to compare to Frolova overall (in spite of Muravieva's awesome theme and expressivity).

I'm not judging by the "event standards" but just by skating standards which is all I care about and all that really impresses me.

Some pretentious theme and many props does nothing for me. Naturally beautiful, sophisticated skating is the peak to me and she reached it at a substantial level.

I could go into extreme detail on how impressed I am but I want to preserve my time.

I think I can admit she is likely the favourite now of those (who are competitively eligible) currently fighting for the 3rd place of artists in Russia after Petrosian/Akateva. Indeed, even ahead of Sinitsyna. But all will become more clear next season which makes things so much more exciting.

@LolaSkatesInJapan I wonder what you think of this skate from a ballet perspective (the fancam, not official recording)?

BrooklynVilla

Spectator
Country
United-States

So after watching this fan cam I would like to send a formal apology to all Frolova fans who I have been ridiculing.

She is a master in this performance. Everything I said she doesnt have, she showed that she does with this skate.

Judging by fan cams, nobody else came even close to this pure skating at this event. Sinitsyna totally paled in comparison. Muravieva was great in her 2nd half but she had too many shaky and inconsistent moments at the start to compare to Frolova overall (in spite of Muravieva's awesome theme and expressivity).

I'm not judging by the "event standards" but just by skating standards which is all I care about and all that really impresses me.

Some pretentious theme and many props does nothing for me. Naturally beautiful, sophisticated skating is the peak to me and she reached it at a substantial level.

I could go into extreme detail on how impressed I am but I want to preserve my time.

I think I can admit she is likely the favourite now of those (who are competitively eligible) currently fighting for the 3rd place of artists in Russia after Petrosian/Akateva. Indeed, even ahead of Sinitsyna. But all will become more clear next season which makes things so much more exciting.

@LolaSkatesInJapan I wonder what you think of this skate from a ballet perspective (the fancam, not official recording)?
The official recording should be on channel one - https://www.sport1tv.ru/sport/russk...sskiy-vyzov-turnir-silneyshih-figuristov-2024

MiraiFan

Final Flight

That was absolutely beautiful--so glad she is still skating. My favorite Russian since the JGP.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Does anyone know who this is...?

She's followed by a number of influential folks in Russian skating, e.g. Zhenya. But I can't place her.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Does anyone know who this is...?
Soviet pair skater and now a show skater and Estonian coach Ekaterina Bokiy (competed as Ekaterina Murugova, her instagram nickname refers to that second name).

She's followed by a number of influential folks in Russian skating, e.g. Zhenya. But I can't place her.
They did ice shows together

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Estonian retired skater and now a show skater and coach Ekaterina Bokiy (competed as Ekaterina Murugova, her instagram nickname refers to that).
She's not Estonian, but her husband is, no? Though I wonder where her last name comes from, as it's not her current (lol, they've been married for 20 years) husband's either. 🤔

She's a two-time Jr Worlds medalist in pairs with Artem Torgashev - US skater Andrew Torgashev's dad! The skating world is really small :wink:
They did ice shows together
And her husband was also Zhenya's partner in some shows 😊

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Wonder how long that will last - Not like she has many options left with a mother like that. :slink:
Considering what she said about the Sarnovskiys....

In general, there are still a lot of lesser-known coaches and schools in Moscow. Such as arenaplay, with which Anisimova cooperates. But I hope she won't destroy the peace there.

Remilia

On the Ice
I was hoping for her to switch to AoP. Hopefully Plushy and Yana will be able to keep the mom under control and Lena will thrive there

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Well...that was about the only option left, so not at all surprised. There are many little girls in her age group, and that is important-would like to see her have a more normal skating life, and pray that mom takes a giant step back.
I think that is the worst possible situation for her mom, I wonder how long till she is bad mouthing those girls online and saying the coaches should be focusing on Lena instead due to her being “most talented “.

AOP is last of the big name coaches and rinks left for her in Moscow. Wonder if she still will be there by the end of next season.

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel

Hello @Mathematician ! How are you?
My apologies that I missed replying to your mention yesterday. I clicked on the link you posted but it won't let me watch anything.
This must have been something I obviously missed watching live, since I loooooove watching the Russian ladies events (not interested in men or pairs), but lately I've been REALLY busy with my own skating, between on ice practices, off ice practices, skating field trips and so on, I haven't kept on what is going on. Today I finally had a holiday from skating and have been catching up posts here on this forum.
Would you please be so kind to tell me what this video is of, so I can research around an alternative video to watch? I'm very curious to watch it now. :) Thank you!

Azikin

Medalist
AOP is last of the big name coaches and rinks left for her in Moscow. Wonder if she still will be there by the end of next season.
That's a question, it certainly didn't work out well for many others. I'd really prefer her to go anwhere else, basically..