2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 951 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
But Sasha CAN land a 4 quad FS, she has done it before.
Im pretty sure her last two performances mean nothing.
Now that she has a 3A, she just needs to put it all together, which I’m sure she’s capable of.

One thing that possibly hindered stability of her quads, is that she took time to learn 3A during the season, not many skaters do that.
Sasha just had different priorities in the 1st half of the season, but she’s going to nail all of her jumps by worlds, I’m sure.

Arbitrary

Medalist
But Sasha CAN land a 4 quad FS, she has done it before.
Im pretty sure her last two performances mean nothing.
Now that she has a 3A, she just needs to put it all together, which I’m sure she’s capable of.

One thing that possibly hindered stability of her quads, is that she took time to learn 3A during the season, not many skaters do that.
Sasha just had different priorities in the 1st half of the season, but she’s going to nail all of her jumps by worlds, I’m sure.

Sasha landed five quads in pre-runs more than once.
She just needs to deliver it against the eyes of the Board. If she does it even once, the prosecution rests...

But she's known to peak at the spring time. She twice won JWC against not the weakest competitors.
She needs to become a part of the Russian World Team. There she may grab a medal. Any medal.
To do that she needs an EC medal. RusFed would be more than happy to drop the unlucky Ace in favor of some more senior Senior.

To be seen in a week...

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Ha. :) The new prime minister of Russia is a fan of CSKA and a member of the board of CSKA. Even more privileges for this club?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Those ‘more senior’ are neither better, more dependable nor more reliable and don’t have more drive to prove themselves.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Ha. :) The new prime minister of Russia is a fan of CSKA and a member of the board of CSKA. Even more privileges for this club?

Too early to call but I doubt him being close to CSKA is going to change anything, government of Russia isn't going to have time for sports for a while.

And anyway CSKA has every privilege they want in FS already.

CSKA is under Rosneft(Sechin) and unlike Football and Hockey, FS doesn't have Zenit (Gazprom/Miller) or CKA (Rotenberg family) to balance things out.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/elizabettursyn4/status/1217301101999022081?s=21

From Elizabet’s new Twitter account, which she made only because she needed to respond to the user on Twitter.

Basically, she’s tired of insinuations of “Eteri forced her to do it” and says that coaches only help her, and injuries can happen all the time anywhere.
Serafima afaik also said the same thing.

Sad to see that athletes have to repeat multiple times that they are not victims of coaches, that they do everything on their own will, yet it falls on deaf ears time and time again, because it doesn’t suit the picture of the world where Eteri is the root of all evil in the world.

Albus

Match Penalty
I get it if someone leaving ... it's a lot of pression ... i think if someone is leaving wouldn't be a complete disaster ... the 3 of them ... they already have 4 or 3A on the pocket ... they will be on top no matter the coach ... leaving eteri ... they only would have one or two choices in russia or go to overseas

They don't have any choices overseas. Nobody there could compete with Eteri even in their dreams. It's pretty well known

Albus

Match Penalty
And also where could they go? In Russia everyone else would be considered a downgrade. Abroad, Orser has Evgenia, Hamada has You and Rika, the only one left who could provide the same level and reputation is maybe Raf...

And also, there's only 2 years left until Beijing, that's not even that much time for a full lifestyle and training style change...

I don't think it will happen, either.

Hmm it's fun how you find say Panova and Davîdov to be downgrade after Tutberidze, but mention Orser and Rafael after, who will be an extreme downgrade for everyone who leaves Panova or Davîdov. That's... interesting logic

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I don’t think any coach is a downgrade, since Sasha doesn’t need to learn quads or 3A anymore... She already has all the jumps, so she needs a coach who can help her to land them consistently + improve other elements of her skating.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
https://twitter.com/elizabettursyn4/status/1217301101999022081?s=21

From Elizabet’s new Twitter account, which she made only because she needed to respond to the user on Twitter.

Basically, she’s tired of insinuations of “Eteri forced her to do it” and says that coaches only help her, and injuries can happen all the time anywhere.
Serafima afaik also said the same thing.

Sad to see that athletes have to repeat multiple times that they are not victims of coaches, that they do everything on their own will, yet it falls on deaf ears time and time again, because it doesn’t suit the picture of the world where Eteri is the root of all evil in the world.

It's sad when athletes have to react to all this BS on the internet. If only her words could make people to become more decent and don't judge by their own prejudices.

Albus

Match Penalty
I don’t think any coach is a downgrade, since Sasha doesn’t need to learn quads or 3A anymore... She already has all the jumps, so she needs a coach who can help her to land them consistently + improve other elements of her skating.

Medvedeva also had all the jumps... And then faced probably the greatest downgrade in Russian figure skating history.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
Sasha landed five quads in pre-runs more than once.
She just needs to deliver it against the eyes of the Board. If she does it even once, the prosecution rests...

But she's known to peak at the spring time. She twice won JWC against not the weakest competitors.
She needs to become a part of the Russian World Team. There she may grab a medal. Any medal.
To do that she needs an EC medal. RusFed would be more than happy to drop the unlucky Ace in favor of some more senior Senior.

To be seen in a week...

I’m not sure landing 5 quads is enough for her to win now unless they are flawless with all positive GOE. Which seems ridiculous to say but given the first half of the season potentially true. There is Anna’s superior artistry and she has 3 quads and has been very consistent with at least 2 of them. And then you have Alena with the world record for total score without a quad. There is now talk that she had added a quad as well on top of her very consistent triple axels and high PCS.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Arguments pro and contra a higher minimum age: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...nyye-vozrastnoy-tsenz-tutberidze---foto-video

Seems more like an argument (pro or) rather contra #TeamTutberidzeForProgress since the most successful competitive quads are from Khrustalniy skaters that sweep podiums, so lots of hypocrisy here. And quite probably some anti-Russia sentiments too.

The whole argument passes by the sudden advance of triksels, a still rarer skill. And of course no data on adverse health effects of quads and triksels is brought forward.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I’m not sure landing 5 quads is enough for her to win now unless they are flawless with all positive GOE. Which seems ridiculous to say but given the first half of the season potentially true. There is Anna’s superior artistry and she has 3 quads and has been very consistent with at least 2 of them. And then you have Alena with the world record for total score without a quad. There is now talk that she had added a quad as well on top of her very consistent triple axels and high PCS.

This is true. I don't know how it happened but it did. Sasha's 4 quad layout at RusNats only get her 3,28 points more than Anna. And that isn't enough as Anna has that in PCS over Sasha.
If Sasha adds the 5th quad Sal she gets about 5 more points. But she needs to be completely clean and that is hard with 5 quads.
If Anna gets the 3A and Alena gets the 4S, things get even more difficult for Sasha.
I think Sasha has been focusing too much on her quads and neglected her spins and PCS work. That's why it is so hard for her to beat her teammates.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
I think the biggest factor into whether or not Sasha leaves Team Eteri isn't even Eteri herself.
Agree.
Her team consist of 3 main coaches, and Sasha seems the closest to Dudakov. You can see their interactions when the cameras are on them in competition. And this makes sense because Dudakov taught Sasha all her quads; he's the jump coach and Sasha's favourite elements are jumps. Who knows if anyone will be leaving, there are always rumours, some true, others false. But I bet Sasha has a very strong connection to Sergei; she was the first to land many quads and has all quads ratified except the loop, which is something very few have achieved in any discipline, thanks to Sergei.
And here I thought you could make some proper deductions.. Dudakov has nothing to do with it. Each and every transfer of underage athletes in Russia have two main factors contributing to it - first and foremost:
1) parents opinion and their relationship with current coaches (while from the side POV one can clearly see foolishness of such decision - from inside parents POV they can have very subjective, distorted perspective - thinking sincerely that their child do not get enough attention she deserves and perceiving unavoidable scores and placements fluctuations or temporary setbacks as a great failure and sign of coaches neglect)
2) other coach school who is making timed proposition to parents/skater in time of "failure" - using their distressed state and luring them with promises of more favorable conditions. This "stealing" of talented athletes is known methodology used by TAT, Plushenko and many others
The underage athlete himself or his current coaches more often than not can't even have any way to affect such decision, I am afraid.
Then from the financial side of things, since they're all in the first senior season, I don't think they have enough sponsorship to afford an elite international coach. Unlike other nations where there is only one skating star, RusFed will not pay for that. AFAIK, the only 3A who comes from a well off background is Anna.
Wrong. AFAIK Kostornaia family is more rich and influential than Scherbakova's. Alena's favorite pastime - equestrian sport - is VERY expensive and highclass hobby.