2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 958 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
We can endlessy discuss of how much difference there is in various PCS between two or more given skaters but that's not the point (i.e. forget Aliona and Sasha for now)

TES score difference between skaters of the first group (top of the top) could be as much as 40 points.
If you're impying that a clear difference in PCS between two hipotetical skaters should not worth 1/3 of said TES difference, then we can abolish PCS and finally "upgrade" figure skating to barrel jumping.
I would most probably watch an acrobatic jumping competition on skates (it would be superfun), but it's not figure skating.
Figure skating is chasing an impossible balance between the athletic and the artistic components of the performance.

I don't expect the same amount of difference in PCS as there could be in TES, especially in a moment where the jumps are evolving, but both TES and PCS should be crucial to the final score.

There is no connection here. mix different things.
The difference in TEC can be even twofold or more, it really exists. So what? What balance can there be?
If you want to see the triumph of beautiful ice skating over ugly Ultra C programs - make the PC factor for lady 2.0 instead of 0.8. And soon no one will bother you with quadruple jumps.

Arbitrary

Medalist
The difference in TEC can be even twofold or more, it really exists. So what? What balance can there be?
If you want to see the triumph of beautiful ice skating over ugly Ultra C programs - make the PC factor for Lady 2.0 instead of 0.8. And soon no one will bother you with quadruple jumps.

The likely result was shown in the Muppet Show episode with Rudolf Nureyev. "The Swine Lake".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHbGqJ_MonU

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
“ I take an example from Alina Zagitova. ” Young pupil of Tutberidze fights for her first trophies.

Report from the Moscow Cup, which in the standings among the girls was won by quadruple jumping 12-year-old Sof'ya Akat'yeva.

The best skaters of Russia are completing their preparations for the European Championship, and in the meantime, the Moscow Cup was held in a residential area of ​​Medvyedkovo in a small arena with several dozen seats. In such arenas, the glory of Russian figure skating is born. Its new star may be 12-year-old Sof'ya Akat'yeva. It’s a pity, but we won’t see her at the next Olympics. Even if the age limit is suddenly reduced to 14 years, then Sophia still “had” to be born 6 days earlier - ISU admits only those who have a birthday before July 1 into the seniors. Therefore, Sof'ya, we believe, will be destined to conquer the next Games-2026.

In general, at the tournament in Medvyedkovo, a battle of quads between the group of Tutberidze and CSKA was expected, but Yelizaveta Berestovskaya, also jumping a quad Toeloop, withdrew right before the competition. Often such cases are related to health - we hope this is not the case. The coach of the athlete, Aleksandra Kravtsova answered evasively: “We work, we grow.”
Growth, however, forces the skaters to withdraw from the competition, as we know, at a more mature age. Another talented skater Sof'ya Samodelkina was also not at the tournament - but her participation, according to Kravtsova, was not planned. In any case, you can only wish both skaters success. Each of them is important.

link to fancam from the competition: https://youtu.be/CwSW2TjHEPg

We came to see Akat'yeva even from Siberia

So far, however, it is the Khrustalniy heroine who has attracted the attention of the public from all over Russia. This is not an exaggeration - the Moscow Cup did not have the coaching triumvirate preparing for the European Championship, but there were fans from Novosibirsk who came “specially for Akat'yeva”.

True, there were other people - local residents who came to mass skating. They were very indignant at the announcement of the competition, and demanded an explanation. It was probably worth a warning in advance.
Next to the rink sits the athlete’s mother: “I don't have enough nerves to look at this.” Some parents can’t stand it - and during performances they leave the stands.
Sof'yia did not disappoint her fans. She won the competition with a score of 206.25 points, making a quad Toeloop in cascade in her free program. Another, separate, didn't turn out, but with a deft movement of the hand, the 12-year-old athlete avoided falling. "Khrustaliyan's" have no equals.

After the competition, the young star signed autographs, took pictures with everyone who wished, received a gold medal and thanks from Eteri Tutberidze - and with the permission of her parents talked to the SE correspondent. As befits a star, she shone, but rather not from happiness, but from satisfaction. Victories for Akat'yeva are already a familiar thing - just this 12-year-old girl tries to look at the difficult life of an athlete positively.

Already landing quadruple Salchow

- Not that I am happy with my skating runs, I wanted to make two quadruple Toeloops and a triple Axel, it turned out only one quadruple. But I'm glad that he succeeded, ” Sof'ya says.

-- Other quads coming soon?

- At the end of the season I will seriously learn the next one. I've already jumped the quadruple Salchow. I think it's time.

-- it already turned out?

- Sometimes - yes, but so far these have been under rotated attempts, not fit for my program. But landed.

-- There were no rivals from CSKA at this tournament, is it a shame that the competition turned out to be incomplete?

- I only thought about my own skating, how to have clean runs. And the judges will count the marks for me and my rivals.

-- But do you maintain a relationship?

- Of course, we communicate at competitions.

-- Do you have time to learn, how many lessons per day you manage to attend?

- I go to school almost every day, I have a tutor on the other days. I try to take everything. In between workouts, I also study. So far, I have "fives" and "fours" only. (Laughs)

-- How many workouts do you have per day?

- Two on ice and two - three in the dry hall.

-- And how do you manage to go to school ?!

- In the morning I come to the first lessons.

-- Have you thought about plans for the future?

- In general, I would like to become a coach ... But I don’t know yet. First of all, I need to learn new elements, to skate programs cleanly.

-- Which of the skaters is an example for you?

- I take an example from Alina Zagitova, and from men - Nathan Chen and Yuzuru Hanyu.

-- Alina suspended performances ...

- It's her business alone, I can’t comment on this.

-- You recently performed at Megasport at the demonstration performances of the Russian Grand Prix. How do you feel, abstracting from the execution of the program?

- Yes, it didn’t work out very well. A bit heavy with incomplete lighting. It is an experience to perform for so many people. There aren’t so many people at our competitions. It was useful anyway.

-- Eteri Georgiyevna, what did she say after your performance?

- She said that the Toeloops weren’t jumped and that I was very worried, yet for me it was something new, special. What you need to work on.

-- Do not worry about health, staying free from injuries?

- Yes, everything is fine, without injuries.

-- Now there are a lot of cool skaters in Khrustalny. When so many people are at a high level, does it motivate?

- This (internal) competition is encouraging, yes. You want to be stronger than your opponent, try to ride better.

-- Autographs are already being taken from you, you have many fans. Is this interest pleasant?

- Yes, it is very nice that so many people are watching figure skating and are excited. I want to say 'thank you' to everyone!

(c) Dmitriy Kuznetsov
-----
From: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...yuschaya-chetvernye-pryzhki-intervyu-1633620/

Wish he'd interviewed Adeliya Petrosyan too, for she is older than Sof'ya and JGP eligible next season. And in the Open Test Skates feature on Channel One, Adeliya proved not to be camera shy at all.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I am so disappointed the proposal to divide programs into technical and artistic will be voted on in this Congress. What makes skating special and unique is the combination of technical and artistic. I’m all for adding more potential medals available to figure skaters - why not add an elements portion? Best combo jump, best solo jump, best combo spin, best solo spin, best stsq etc.

Why do they need to fundamentally change what makes figure skating figure skating? Because it’s harder than addressing the real problem...(corrupt judging and complete disregard for the GOE and PCS criteria, tech panels ignoring calls for some while hammering others).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I am so disappointed the proposal to divide programs into technical and artistic will be voted on in this Congress. What makes skating special and unique is the combination of technical and artistic. I’m all for adding more potential medals available to figure skaters - why not add an elements portion? Best combo jump, best solo jump, best combo spin, best solo spin, best stsq etc.

Why do they need to fundamentally change what makes figure skating figure skating? Because it’s harder than addressing the real problem...(corrupt judging and complete disregard for the GOE and PCS criteria, tech panels ignoring calls for some while hammering others).

Me too. But I hope Balrog will not pass.

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Russia should leave isu. Immediately. Let this disgusting shameful organisation to go bankrupt. Russian figure skating worse way more then the whole world's combined. They don't even use Russian language lol, which should be a mandatory for isu.

- - - Updated - - -

go and listen
Wait why should russian be mandatory for isu? They're not based in russia, if anything it would be french or german since the isu is in switzerland

Fluture

Record Breaker
Wait why should russian be mandatory for isu? They're not based in russia, if anything it would be french or german since the isu is in switzerland

Frankly spoken, you‘re better off ignoring it. This person‘s only comments in this thread are to shame anyone who doesn‘t speak Russian and act like it‘s the greatest sin in the world.

Anyway, there‘s lots of things going on in the skating world right now but since I don‘t have much time, I‘ll only devote it to wishing the best of luck to our girls at the Europeans! I’ll be leaving Thursday morning and can‘t wait to see them (and all the other great skaters). :cheer:

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Frankly spoken, you‘re better off ignoring it. This person‘s only comments in this thread are to shame anyone who doesn‘t speak Russian and act like it‘s the greatest sin in the world.

Anyway, there‘s lots of things going on in the skating world right now but since I don‘t have much time, I‘ll only devote it to wishing the best of luck to our girls at the Europeans! I’ll be leaving Thursday morning and can‘t wait to see them (and all the other great skaters). :cheer:

Have fun at Euros!! I hope that you meet some of the skaters and have an awesome time!! You are lucky!! Please give us some reports of your experience when you get the time!! :thumbsup:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Yes. And they didn't say "figure skaters" in that part of discussion.

They were quite ambiguous and used “they” or “others”, but I guess SE know better what they meant, since they themselves provided those time stamps. But it’s not like Edwin made something up, merely provided a translation.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist

It doesn't 'resemble a hangar', it is one :) A temp skating rink in the rural area, 14 km from downtown Graz in the potato(?) fields, with a beautiful dirt road leading to it
Road to the Euro2020 and the modern facilities themselves :laugh:

Which made me think what made ISU decide to have a continental championships in B-grade premises?

Maybe it was the "great" interest that the Austrian govt & Fed showed in holding the EC (although they could not convince the local ice hockey team to share their rink for the time being and had to move to the countryside) :)

Minsk EC seems to have been held on another planet.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Another quad being 'kneaded': https://www.instagram.com/p/B7lRA2yoo9G/ ?

club_dinamovets
'Figure skating lounge (or fishing rod) is a training device that is used by trainers to set motor skills while performing a jump. The fishing rod is used in figure skating as a safety device. It helps beginner skaters cope with fear of heights and injuries during training. By removing the feeling of fear, the athlete can perform complex elements. The insurance is used by both beginners and professional athletes during the development of complex elements.'

I think that this comment hits the nail on the head and shows how the ISU has painted itself into a corner from which there is no escape. In a points-based sport you just must give the most points for the most difficult feats. There cannot be any question of "balance."

I think that the proposal to have separate technical and artistic programs shows that the ISU is in despair of ever finding a formula that produces a satisfactory balance under any version of IJS scoring.

Still, I am willing to give the proposal a chance. At least it has the virtue of making the two programs, currently "long" and "short," different. Under the present rules there is no reason to have a short program at all.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This is a broad question but will Russian skaters at Euros represent Russia or a neutral party?

There has been no CAS ruling over OKR and RUSADA's appeals against WADA proposed measures yet. And I believe continental championships are exempt from any CAS ruling. It is World Championships and Olympic Games that are considered.

Albus

Match Penalty

But neither French nor German is the main language of isu. Why? It's pretty clear that they should avoid politics and set the biggest language of the sport to be the main one. For wider auditory and pool of athletes. If I were the head of rusfed everybody would have already switched to Russian. It is a shame that we still have this conversation about obvious things.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But neither French nor German is the main language of isu. Why? It's pretty clear that they should avoid politics and set the biggest language of the sport to be the main one. For wider auditory and pool of athletes. If I were the head of rusfed everybody would have already switched to Russian. It is a shame that we still have this conversation about obvious things.

I think there is an equally strong argument the “biggest language” of figure skating is Japanese. If RusFed wants to quit the ISU, I think that would be short sighted, but that’s up to them. The languages of the ISU, however, will not change.

The most important language of course is the one that the skaters, who respect and admire each other regardless of titles or nationalities, speak on the ice.:)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This has been said about many skaters' jumps, but many have proven that this is not the case. Alina won her world title last season after a messy season. Kaetlyn won her olympic and world medals after the same narrative for several seasons. Anna went from skipping a season, coming in 13th at nationals, missing her 4Lz all season and having a bad GPF to landing every single one the next season. Alena went from being injured and "the one left behind" to getting a consistent 3A and wining GPF the next season.

As for Sasha herself, she went from falling on her 4S all season to becoming the first female skater to land 2 quads. If everyone just said "they can't do it" when skaters are trying to learn new jumps, no one would have ever gotten their singles, let alone quads.

Trying five quads and landing two is not very interesting. Why not just do the two quads--an impressive feat in itself--and improve the other elements and PCS?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Another new podcast/vlog channel riding the high waves of Russian (female) figure skating Sports on Air from sports.ru: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGyfGRvcqoA , you can switch on the auto generated subtitles.
Moderator: Pavel Kopochev,
Guests: Polina Krutikhina and Ivan Kuznetsov.

Timeline of this podcast:
01:53 - Kuznetsov already knows who will win the Euro. Spoiler: This is his favourite skater!
04:28 - Krutikhina is sure that the quadruple jumps will solve everything on the Euros.
05:50 - Euro - prestigious or unpredictable? (For comparison: in 2019, Zagitova lost to Samodurova, and the dancers Sinitsyna and Katsalapova were left without medals, but then they were fine at the World Championships)
09:08 - Will we miss Euros without Medvyedeva and Zagitova? Kuznetsov compares Zhenya and Alina with old models of iPhones.
14:08 - In Russia, an honest selection for Euros?
16:28 - Trusova and jumping: does she need so many quadruples?
20:02 - The race after quads is good?
21:57 - Shcherbakova - two-time champion of Russia, but for Euros is still not a favourite.
27:05 - Kostornaya is perfection itself. And with triple Axels - just a goddess!
30:32 - We don't have men, but boys. They can even win, because for the first time in 8 years there will be no Javier Fernandez.
38:41 - Papadakis / Sizeron will win, and which of ours - Sinitsina / Katsalapov or Stepanova / Bukin - will be better?
41:56 - How to force yourself to watch dances (passion, striptease, foreplay)?
43:41 - Boykova and Kozlovsky - the first couple of our country. Really?

-----

Emma Gadzhiyeva from Sport24 channel hasn't done her Figurka vlogs for quite some time ...

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Trying five quads and landing two is not very interesting. Why not just do the two quads--an impressive feat in itself--and improve the other elements and PCS?

And does anybody know how many quads somebody will land before the competition? Interesting... :scratch2:
You advance the program content with how you do in training and how succesfully you do in competitions. Sasha had a prety good training before Rusnats and during rehearsal she landed everything. I've already made a comment about her rate of success with the quads, before Rustants it was 75 % and now it is still 65 %. Many others don't have such high rate of success with the triples and nobody comes to them and says that they should opt for doubles. It's only when someone like Sasha has a bad competition that people turn into FS advisers.