2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 983 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Alina ended her season, she said so very clearly.

I don‘t think she has a higher scoring potential than Evgenia, though, and isn‘t as reliable under pressure as her. That‘s just my opinion, however.

Alina is capable of getting 80+ in SP and 150+ in FP, Medvedeva didn't manage to get to 80 and 150 even at her best skate, at home.

regarding to pressure, Alina delivered it under immense pressure several times in her career. I frankly doubt anybody in ladies FS has every been under so much pressure as Alina was last year During worlds.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Alina is capable of getting 80+ in SP and 150+ in FP, Medvedeva didn't manage to get to 80 and 150 even at her best skate, at home.

regarding to pressure, Alina delivered it under immense pressure several times in her career. I frankly doubt anybody in ladies FS has every been under so much pressure as Alina was last year During worlds.

Sorry, if my post wasn’t clear but I meant Liza, not Alina. Alina ended her season unless she comes and states the opposite, I will take her word for it.

esteticlove

Final Flight
Alina is capable of getting 80+

I agree. And that's why I can't figure out what is Anna S supposed to do in her SP to get such scores, having in mind that she has the same difficult layout as Alina with the "tinny" difference that her 3Lz-3Lo is in the second part of the program...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I have complete faith in #TeamTutberidzeForProgress in restoring Zagitova to competitive state soon, even in four weeks when necessary by some decision of the coaching council.

#TeamMishin may be getting along in some of the tech elements, but basic conditioning of their skaters isn't of the level required in Khrustalniy.

#TeamBOrser with Medvyedeva previously, not long ago in Canadian Nationals, and here with Kurakova don't really instil faith in me regarding their developing of female skaters. Perhaps they are best occupied with 'ready made' skaters being leased out to them?

esteticlove

Final Flight
Honestly...I don't get the point of this discussion. Sasha will be sent to Worlds, is not as if she has totally bombed this competition?

silveruskate

On the Ice
Takeoff is a process - not only the last moment of leaving ice. "Toe-pick touching the ice" is part of that process. Proof? Watch ISU jumps educational videos - takeoff there showed as a long process - both by inscriptions and voice of narrator.
Therefore the rule about edges is as ambiguous as it can get - since no exact moment or its duration is determined clearly for assessing an edge. And all or almost all skater ever existing - change the edge in a lutz just before leaving the ice to flat or inside.

Yes but that is my point. I never even mentioned it was the last moment of leaving the ice, but it is also not the first moment the toe-pick touches the ice either, sorry. There is a moment where the downward force the skater is putting into the ice ends and the skater starts to instead put an upward force into springing up i.e. take off into the jump. Anyone can feel this transition when they're jumping on the ground.

readernick

Medalist
I agree. And that's why I can't figure out what is Anna S supposed to do in her SP to get such scores, having in mind that she has the same difficult layout as Alina with the "tinny" difference that her 3Lz-3Lo is in the second part of the program...

She needs to win the Olympics or, at least, a world's title. Then she can be as over-scored as the other former champions. As it is now, there are two women in the world who are capable of 80+ short programs and they both have 3As and better SS than Anna.

katymay

Medalist
I‘m not sure this endless drilling is good tbh. Honestly, I noticed the same at training, especially with Anna. She was grinding the 3Lz+3Lo over and over and over again and while it was beautiful in the beginning, it became worse every time she tried it. Which is normal, she‘s only human... What is interesting is that Sasha and Anna kept drilling their quads and jumps while Aliona spent the majority of training on stroking and just skating around. I think I saw her do one or two attempts of every jump outside of the runthrough but that‘s it. I was actually worried she might be injured but she looked calmer than usually in training and I think in the end it‘s the more sensible strategy. Try out your elements a few times, do the runthrough and let it be. I felt like she was the only one who had any kind of physical energy left at the end of her runthrough. The other two just seemed as if they were running out of gas. I admire them for their tenacity and strength but I wish someone had told them: “Stop, you‘re overworking yourself.“ All the same, watching their different approaches to training was almost as fascinating as the competition itself.

(And the same in the warm-up btw. Aliona did ONE 3A attempt and that was wonky and a step out. But then she nailed two in the program. That takes some confidence ....)

I agree. After a high level competition I would assume the girls are physically and emotionally exhausted. Seems to me it is a dangerous time to be attempting any jumps, let alone quads. I wish they were allowed to decompress and relax, be allowed to recover.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
We can discuss e, !, < and << ad nauseam, but until ISU upgrades on its technology and becomes more transparent in real time scoring and its evaluation of elements, our discussions are futile. Tech panel and judges don't hear us anyway ;-)

I watched some competitions where there is a series of coloured squares under the score panel, with each square being filled in with a colour depending on GOE. There could also be a symbol/colour for 'marked for revision' and an indication of the result of that revision while the tech is being processed during the K&C scene. This will at least give some clues and perhaps transparency why the tech score is being lowered.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
We can discuss e, !, < and << ad nauseam, but until ISU upgrades on its technology and becomes more transparent in real time scoring and its evaluation of elements, our discussions are futile. Tech panel and judges don't hear us anyway ;-)

I watched some competitions where there is a series of coloured squares under the score panel, with each square being filled in with a colour depending on GOE. There could also be a symbol/colour for 'marked for revision' and an indication of the result of that revision while the tech is being processed during the K&C scene.
It was like that at the Olympics. Hopefully they'll bring it back. The names of the elements being shown is also very important for newcomers to the sport. It has helped me learn about the elements in all 3 categories.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I agree. After a high level competition I would assume the girls are physically and emotionally exhausted. Seems to me it is a dangerous time to be attempting any jumps, let alone quads. I wish they were allowed to decompress and relax, be allowed to recover.

They're not though, especially Sasha...who everyone seems determined to write off already. No wonder she feels she has to prove she can land big jumps.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia

I watched some competitions where there is a series of coloured squares under the score panel, with each square being filled in with a colour depending on GOE. There could also be a symbol/colour for 'marked for revision' and an indication of the result of that revision while the tech is being processed during the K&C scene. This will at least give some clues and perhaps transparency why the tech score is being lowered.

This is even in the broadcasts of Russian novices, and I must say that it is very informative. Why such an indication is not used in serious adult competitions I do not understand. Less room for fraud?:confused2:

readernick

Medalist
Do people seriously think Sasha is not getting sent to Worlds? What the h...

Yes, it is quite crazy what some people believe. She just scored 150 with a very weak performance. The only other currently competing Russian lady capable of that score is Evgenia (if she is absolutely foot perfect). She has the second highest score of all time in women's figure skating. Sasha is going to be sent to Worlds.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
Yes, it is quite crazy what some people believe. She just scored 150 with a very weak performance. The only other currently competing Russian lady capable of that score is Evgenia (if she is absolutely foot perfect). She has the second highest score of all time in women's figure skating. Sasha is going to be sent to Worlds.

Evgenia has already ended her season too.

The only other option is Liza and she's nowhere near as sure a bet as Sasha is. Even a clean Liza can't top Sasha's Euros FS, WTT 2019 aside where scoring was ridiculous across the board. Plus Liza has had her own issues, she could have beaten Sasha at RusNats but also had a rough FS.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Evgenia has already ended her season too.

The only other option is Liza and she's nowhere near as sure a bet as Sasha is. Even a clean Liza can't top Sasha's Euros FS, WTT 2019 aside where scoring was ridiculous across the board. Plus Liza has had her own issues, she could have beaten Sasha at RusNats but also had a rough FS.

Sasha is going to Worlds!!! I want her redemption there. She deserves it.

But Zhenya afaik has not ended her season, at least not for sure. Brian recently said in an interview that they don‘t completely rule out some spring competitions. I think they‘re just not sure yet whether it‘d make more sense to devote the time completely to training or compete once more.

silveruskate

On the Ice
There is no way Sasha isn't going to Worlds. Only one person in this thread has suggested that possibility. Konstantinova bombed last year. Sasha has a history of performing and has medalled in all competitions this year. There is no discussion, even if Alina/Zhenya were skating and came 4th/5th in nationals.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Do people seriously think Sasha is not getting sent to Worlds? What the h...

The troll factories are never idle and competing for attention of the gullible and those gluttonous for controversy and scandal.

Aleksandra herself doesn't show it, but she must be hungry for redemption. She just seems to shrug off her falls and 'lesser medals', but inside her there must be a burning ambition to finally being able to show all these quads cleanly.

I wonder who made the comments to her she should 'man up' and not cry, or wether she and her equally young and strong rink mates are taught never to show emotions of despair? There is absolutely no shame for an athlete in crying tears of despair or of joy over your results.