2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1043 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Channel One will broadcast the "Road to Victory" show live, Februari 26, starting from 19:00 Moscow time.

Participants amongst others Aleksandra Trusova, Alyona Kostornaya, Tat'yana Volosozhar, Maksim Trankov and other skaters from the teams of Eteri Tutberidze and Nina Mozer.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Plyushchenko again:

Yevgeniy Plyushchenko, the famous Russian figure skater, now a coach and the head of his own Academy, in an exclusive interview with SE, predicted that the state funding system for schools in figure skating will soon be curtailed. Such schools, in particular, are Sambo-70 and CSKA.

- The selection in such (state sponsored) schools is incredible, that's true. If we compare public and private schools in general, then in the state ones you cannot rise high. The skater comes - leaves, they'll find the next one. The system is working. There are so-so salaries, but there are also 'envelopes'. If you don’t bring an envelope, you won’t get anywhere. If we are frankly talking about this topic.
But this chapter will close soon. Slowly, offended parents begin to talk about it: they 'hit' here, have a 'bad attitude' there .. ... But when tax authorities start getting interested in such things, it will take on a completely different character.
-----
From: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...-o-rabote-gosudarstvennyh-sportshkol-1644384/

Money is apparently the only thing that moves and figures in Plyushchenko's world?

Wonder if the tax authorities should be more interested in the Academy and its wealthy clientele, where ambitions and wanting a 'return on investment' take prevalence over children's wellbeing?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Obviously this party likes to bask in the attention of any media, even the yellow pages and gossip press: anything goes for getting publicity. If only the results from the rinks would matter however, how boring would that be?

Has the hatchet been buried again? The other party is busy preparing its skaters to compete in Cup Finals, Junior and Senior World Championships, I suppose they don't have time for petty quarrelling.
This party 'well connected in society' cultivates its 'drowned rat' appearance, the other 'working class' party opts for cultivated and stylish, doesn't talk trash and delivers one result after another ...

Plyushchenko giving Medvyedeva advice to quit or change federations? https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...sovetuet-medvedevoy-zavershit-kareru-1644370/

So Evgenia needs to quit, but he just took on Stanislava? :confused: He skated until he was in his 30s but Evgenia "represented the country for so long" that she needs to go? And didn't he just give an interview a few weeks ago where he said Evgenia and Alina could learn quads?

What is his problem?

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Well, at least,after that Interview, few things become crystal clear:

1. Where did alleged rumour about Eteri hitting Alina come from.

2. Who was behind all that "Unique artist Aksenov" jokes.

3. Titova was literary bought.

4. Plushenko isn't and doesn't plan to be a coach.

5. Plushenko is on a collision course against Russ Fed.

also this :

Не принесешь в конверте — никуда не попадешь. Если уж мы откровенно на эту тему говорим. Но эта история скоро закроется.

Interesting if anything comes out of this. We will 'soon' see :biggrin:

rest of interview is advertising himself and his wife and openly stating that only they know how to make you a money in entire Russian FS universe

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Well, at least,after that Interview, few things become crystal clear:

1. Where did alleged rumour about Eteri hitting Alina come from.

2. Who was behind all that "Unique artist Aksenov" jokes.

3. Titova was literary bought.

4. Plushenko isn't and doesn't plan to be a coach.

5. Plushenko is on a collision course against Russ Fed.

also this :

Interesting if anything comes out of this. We will 'soon' see :biggrin:

rest of interview is advertising himself and his wife and openly stating that only they know how to make you a money in entire Russian FS universe

Hopefully, the training staff that actually works on ice daily, i.e. Volkov c.s., know how to properly train, develop and raise their wards entrusted to them. A parent must be pretty desperate to entrust their child to Plyushchenko himself, given how little 'Gnom Gnomich' was and is beging treated by his dad.

Plus, ventilating this attitude won't do the relationship with FFKM and FFKKR no good, and those are the parties that decide over prestigious assignments with ISU.

But certain ice shows are probably more important in the small brain that is Plyushchenko's world.

Now, where does Konstantinova fit in? Future show star or back to a real competitive career?

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
But to have ultimate answer to entire puzzle we still need to know some unknowns :biggrin:

First of all, who exactly is behind '3A are from families of Oligarchs' rumors. Also who (and how) got Ms Elena Vaytsekhovskaya hired at RT of all places and who are behind several anonymous accounts at Sports.ru and FSO forum.

Anyways, this will be an interesting offseason :biggrin:

p.s I have strange feeling we will soon hear insider stories about Sochi Olympics selection. :)

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Hopefully, the training staff that actually works on ice daily, i.e. Volkov c.s., know how to properly train, develop and raise their wards entrusted to them. A parent must be pretty desperate to entrust their child to Plyushchenko himself, given how little 'Gnom Gnomich' was and is beging treated by his dad.

Plus, ventilating this attitude won't do the relationship with FFKM and FFKKR no good, and those are the parties that decide over prestigious assignments with ISU.

But certain ice shows are probably more important in the small brain that is Plyushchenko's world.

Now, where does Konstantinova fit in? Future show star or back to a real competitive career?
I hope since Volkov isn't really public like his dear boss means, that he is serious about his coaching work (I certainly would hope that for Stasya) on the other hand I don't know enough about Volkov and his skaters to judge,,,but Ryabova trains under him and she has posted some good results recently, no?

KOBOT37

Match Penalty

Konstantinova doesn't fit anywhere, she pretty much herself admitted that nobody else gave her a chance and she can't drop competitive career and start show-skating she isn't that well known. Unfortunately she is in 'beggars cant be choosers' situation, she has to accept any offer,also she if I am not mistaken herself was interested in shows so probably this is more investment into future show-skating career than comeback attempt, although we will see.

P.S Part about Medvedeva needing to retire and starting full time show-skating is... strange.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Channel One will broadcast the "Road to Victory" show live, Februari 26, starting from 19:00 Moscow time.

Participants amongst others Aleksandra Trusova, Alyona Kostornaya, Tat'yana Volosozhar, Maksim Trankov and other skaters from the teams of Eteri Tutberidze and Nina Mozer.

It's really interesting what programs will 3A skate there.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I hope since Volkov isn't really public like his dear boss means, that he is serious about his coaching work (I certainly would hope that for Stasya) on the other hand I don't know enough about Volkov and his skaters to judge,,,but Ryabova trains under him and she has posted some good results recently, no?

Volkov isn't probably to be envied in having to maintain a relationship with his 'boss', or probably 'master' and 'mistress', Plyushchenko and his wife.
Results cannot be delivered on command, at least Plyushchenko acknowledges this. You can buy skaters, perhaps some minor local medal, but that's about it.
Volkov will perhaps soon regret leaving the service of Sambo-70 at Khrustalniy ;-)

We'll see if Plyushchenko's secret and public attempts of luring Medvyedeva and Zagitova into his show business entourage will do any of them any good.
Both women have made themselves famous with excellent past adn present ice shows and coming top class ice show assignments. Medvyedeva now living in relative freedom abroad will have gotten a very clear and different picture of what a future in non-competitive figure skating might entail. Zagitova likewise has acquired excellent connections through Navka's empire. Neither of them needs Plyushchenko, even less now after all this having been said about them. I can hardly imagine any current first grade skaters choosing a career with Plyushchenko's after retirement either.

Konstantinova's progress and choices will be interesting to follow. Hopefully, she'll have no regrets over signing this 'beggars can't be choosers' pact ....

Private financing the careers of 10 year olds, even if this means only small money, makes me very uncomfortable. Tarakanova and Sakhanovich privately financed careers only lasted this long, but that was due to the 'insufficient ice' apparently.

Albus

Match Penalty
So Evgenia needs to quit, but he just took on Stanislava? :confused: He skated until he was in his 30s but Evgenia "represented the country for so long" that she needs to go? And didn't he just give an interview a few weeks ago where he said Evgenia and Alina could learn quads?

What is his problem?
The problem is she is still with a coach who downgraded her for 20 points and now she needs like 40 points upgrade. And the only one person in the world who could achieve such upgrade will not open a door if Medvedeva comes.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
The problem is she is still with a coach who downgraded her for 20 points and now she needs like 40 points upgrade. And the only one person in the world who could achieve such upgrade will not open a door if Medvedeva comes.

It's not the coach it's the new GOE system. It hit Evgenia hard.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

So what, if she still wants to skate? He didn't tell Serafima or Stanislava to retire. The point is that he has no right to tell her what to do and he's also a massive hypocrite.

Azikin

Medalist

You can think that but she hasn't been the same skater since she left Eteri and the new GOE system has nothing to do with that. She changed a lot. I have been a big fan in the past but now I'm lukewarm towards her at best.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

I disagree. Medvedeva has always been a PCS skater first, and like Kostornaia she should have benefited from the new GOE system. Her problem is that her weak tech content has become even weaker.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I disagree. Medvedeva has always been a PCS skater first, and like Kostornaia she should have benefited from the new GOE system. Her problem is that her weak tech content has become even weaker.

Indeed, the BOrser method hasn't brought much improved results in two years, and now with the tech race in highest gear, all skaters need to catch up with Aleksandra, Anna and Alyona, plus the Japanese and Korean that are already closing in.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
I don't get why you are surprised.

You need to combine few messages to understand meaning.

First: "Medvedeva and Zagitova aren't making money they deserve"

Second:"My son is 7 years old and is managed by my wife and he already makes so much money what if I say exact numbers people will be jealous"

Third: "Medvedeva needs to retire and enjoy herself in Shows".

And also tons of talk about how powerful and rich are his friends,how good is his management,how he wants to be a manager for athletes, how even 10 years old relatively unknown skater got big contracts since she become his Angel...

So it was a polite way of saying "Hey Evgenia, aren't you tired of skating for 5-7 places? Why don't you come to my Academy, we will make so much money together."

Why didn't she say same about Alina? Easy, Anybody who comes even remotely close to mentioning Alina and retirement in one sentence is going to get MarinaHoffmaned by the Army of her fans.