2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1047 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Resa

On the Ice
Does anyone know if there will be a livestream for the ladies sp today? or is that off topic?

Azikin

Medalist
If you haven't watched "Ice age. Kids" the here is Liza's performance there which me more just liked. Although I was rooting for Sonechka Akatyeva at the time (but she, alas, took only the third place in the final of the show) this program I really liked.

Liza is (already) an amazing performer who is always a joy to see. This is another example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGnaJfkBaAM&list=PLkeBSYOHmnaqKW97u_UocVOvq88BHbPKl&index=9&t=4s

It's funny that some people can say that "she's only jumps", LOL. At the same time other people can write that "she should do ice dancing, so that she wouldn't have to jump".. simply funny thread, as always. Anyway, good luck to Liza today! :cheer:

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Just look at that passion in the beginning, every single part of her body is performing: leg, back, shoulders, arms. She's smaller than the boards, but the fire within melts the ice! :gclap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QNLnA5eRLw

Adelia is so cute, she might be my favorite novice because of her passion. She reminds me of a young Elena Radionova and I happened to love watching Elena skate. Adelia certainly fits the phrase “tiny but mighty” :laugh:

Elaine

On the Ice
I was looking at protocols from grand prix series this season for other reason, and just for fun, decided to find who's got the highest GOE for each element. As expected, most of them were Russian ladies :)

(Senior grand prix series and championships only, though I roughly checked some of Challenger series as well (will be included as honorable mention if higher than ones from grand prix and championships))

Sometimes just by looking at 2A, you can tell the skater is working on 3A. Like Daria's 2A at JGPF LP. Among seniors, Sasha's 2A at Rostelecom cup SP was a perfect example. 1.23 GOE!

Honorable mention : Alyona's 2A from Finlandia trophy SP earned 1.38 GOE. Yes, you could definitely see 3A coming :biggrin:

2A+3T, solo 3S and 3S+3T belong to non-Russian ladies.

Zhenya is the only skater to attempt this jump, but since I really like it I decided to include it. Beautiful 3S+3Lo at Skate Canada, with the GOE of 1.68.

Loop is definitely Zhenya's best friends. This 3Lo at Rostelecom cup earned 1.68 GOE and tied with Kaori's 3Lo for the highest GOE for the jump.

Not exactly a fan of the landing position here, but this 3F from Sasha at Rostelecom cup was very good and earned 1.89 GOE. (Honorable mention also goes to Sasha, this one at Nepela got 2.01 GOE!)

As for the triple flip... the best flip jumper didn't make the top for the solo 3F, because she does it only in combination. Alyona Kostornaya got 2.42 (!) GOE for her 3F+3T twice. NHK trophy SP & Euro LP.
And 3F+Eu+3S as well ;) 1.82 GOE for this one at GPF. (Actually, I am more impressed by 3S than 3F on this one.)

This season there were very few ladies who attempted 3F+3Lo. I think I found only 2 attempts? Anna's Lombardia one earned 1.27 GOE.

Alina's transitions are always great, and this 3Lz had an insane one going into it. 2.11 GOE :)

Honorable mention : Alyona earned 2.26 GOE for this 3Lz at Finlandia trophy.

3Lz+3T and 3Lz+Eu+3S go to Young You, but Sasha made the top for 3Lz+3Lo with the GOE of 2.19. In my opinion her 3Lz+3Lo when it's done well is the most exciting jump even compared to all the quads and 3As.

Even though I think Alyona's best 3A this season was Russian Nationals SP one, internationally this 3A at GPF SP earned the highest GOE of 2.97. Only Rika at Autumn Classic made a higher GOE for solo 3A, which was 3.04.

Alyona won the battle against Rika and Liza for 3A+2T, asher Euro LP one had 2.97 GOE.

Quads, quads... there are only two names :)

This 4T+3T by Sasha at European championships was just breathtaking. The height. Wow. And judges agreed with me by giving 3.26 GOE to it.

GPF this season was not the best competition for Sasha, but she made three highest GOEs there. 4T+Eu+3S with 2.71, 4F with 3.3 (ok, the only successful attempt by anyone so automatically the highest, but it was still impressive), 4Lz with 3.78(!).

Where's Anna? Anna is here with her 4Lz+3T, at European she earned 3.61 GOE on the combo.

Spins....

Alina is a great jumper, but also is an exceptional spinner. I think she has one of the best spins in FS history. Her flying camel spin at GPF SP earned 1.33 GOE, and this combination spin at IDF had 1.6 GOE.

And Alina is not the only one who earned 1.6 GOE for a spin. Anna also made 1.6 GOE on this combination spin at GPF. She also tied with Satoko for the highest GOE for Layback spin, 1.23 GOE!

And lastly... this beautiful step sequence of Evgenia Medvedeva made the highest GOE for StSq , 1.73 :)

Orlov

Medalist
Samodelkina won the FCR and I don't argue with that, but her score as always a little bs. I am interested in what score the judge will give her next year at international junior competitions. Right now, it seems to me that her points have a large part of "support" to balance russian novice/junior field.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I was wondering if Alena Leonova retired? I know it was said earlier she had no money to travel or really compete and train well. I guess because there are so many good Russian ladies she sadly isa thing of the past? It probably doesn't help she can't train and or compete as well if se is struggling financially. Well the world podium will be different this year that's for sure

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Adelia is so cute, she might be my favorite novice because of her passion. She reminds me of a young Elena Radionova and I happened to love watching Elena skate. Adelia certainly fits the phrase “tiny but mighty” :laugh:

Adeliya Petrosyan being interviewed by Olga Yermolina: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikOx7r3DBtg, perhaps her first ever official FFKKR interview, but she remained calm and attentive.

She commented on her skating run, the ! on her Lutz and the spins which she thought she can do better. And she'd like to jump a little better to get bigger pluses.
She tunes in during warm ups, stabilises her jumps and senses the support of the audience present.
She pays minute attention to the older girls jumping quads around her in training, notices their errors, listens to what the trainers tell them, and wants to learn jumping all quads herself without errors.

She knows famous skaters and what they are renowned for, Karolina Kostner for her sliding skills, Alina Zagitova for her jumps.

Adeliya started with figure skating at 4 years, having seen the sport on TV at 2 years old and asking her mother to buy her some skates :)

She loves to perform in front of a crowd, and it showed :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sof’ya Akat’yeva being interviewed by Olga Yermolina: https://youtu.be/fAIqjUQkpWU

Sof’ya gives some insight into her training, the progress of her ultra-si and her plans for next season.

She still has at least three important competitions in front of her, going from one into the next. Tiring, but necessary for gaining experience and getting noticed.

Already decorated and laureled even. Flower crown looks good on her :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And the Champion Sof’ya Samodelkina being interviewed by Olga Yermolina: https://youtu.be/SbP6poShO8o

Have never heard her voice and opinions before, and this interview is quite long.

Really nice and informative interview.
Sof’ya talks well, fluently and eloquently.

She started in jazz dance before taking to the ice.
She loves to jump and gets a kick out of speed and difficult jumps.
She is learning the quad Lutz and hopes it will be ready by next season.
She has a personal sponsor.
Competing abroad representing Russia is her greatest desire for now, hopefully next season in the Junior Grand Prix.

Well done, Sof’ya gave an excellent presentation of herself.

Hopefully a full transcript later, to get some insight into this wonderful skater.

“ Thank you very much for the time and attention given to my by my coaches ”.
“ I have been training at CSKA for 8 years, so everything is habituary and familiar ”.
“ What am I dreaming of? Of course, to become an Olympic Champion. If we talk about the next season, I want to compete abroad and represent my country at international starts. Quadruples? We learned a Toeloop, but the coach said you need to take a more complicated jump and now I am learning the quadruple Lutz ”.
-----
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...echtayu-stat-olimpiyskoy-chempionkoy-1644918/

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Does anyone know where one can watch russian cup final? I checked premier kanal' youtube and doesn't seem like any livestreams are happening there

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Russian Cup Final after the short

Guliakova 73.23
Gubanova 72.13 (was best imo)
Tsibinova 67.02 (UR 3T)
Talalaykina 66.50
Nugumanova 66.39 (two URs)
Shulskaya 65.95
Frolova 60.01 (missed the combo)
Tarakanova 57.30 (fell on her Lutz, then only a shaky double combo)

I really thought Tarakanova could win here! But it doesn't seem likely now...

Strangely, Nugumanova was initially 3rd with 68.39 points, but I checked the protocols, the score of 66.39 seems accurate.
(Edit: Nugumanova got 2 bonus points for her spins that is not in the final protocols.)

Long program tomorrow at 12.00 CET (I think)

ruga

Final Flight
Does anyone know when Veronika Zhilina will be junior eligible? She is 11 as far as I know, so not even old enough for Russian Juniors, but I wonder if she will get to compete at JGP in 2022/23 or 2023/24. Same question about Akatieva and Samodelkina. It's pretty hard to find their birthdays, so it would be nice if someone could share a source if there's any.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sof'ya Samodelkina won the Cup of Russia Finals, Sof'ya Akat'yeva won Silver, Adeliya Petrosyan won Bronze

Sof'ya Samodelkina won the final of the Russian Cup among juniors, gaining 224.52 points. Sof'ya Akatieva became the Silver medalist with a total of 212.84 points. Adeliya Petrosyan won Bronze - 205.22 points.

Sof'ya Samodelkina - a student of Sergei Davydov in CSKA - in her free program made the decision to skate cleanly and limited herself to one triple Axel, which was possible in Velikiy Novgorod. A day earlier, in the short program, the athlete completed two triple Axels - solo and in a cascade with a triple Toeloop (!), She took the lead after the first round of competition. For skating their free program, the skater also received additional bonuses, which are given only at internal Russian starts for difficult jumps and spins in order to stimulate their application and high-quality performance.
link to video interview with the Golden Sof'ya: https://youtu.be/SbP6poShO8o

Two figure skaters of Khrustalniy Sof'ya Akat'yeva and Adeliya Petrosyan took second and third places. Sof'ya Akat'yeva, Silver medalist of the Russian Championships, rose from third place after her short program to second. In her free program, the athlete planned two quadruple Toeloops - the first she fully completed, but fell, the second she jumped in a cascade with a double Toeloop, which also received bonuses. Sonya did all the other elements on the pluses.
link to video interview with the Silver Sof'ya: https://youtu.be/fAIqjUQkpWU

Adeliya Petrosyan skated a clean routine, so far without super complex elements. In general, she managed it - she skated brightly and musically. On her triple Lutz, the judges noted a unclear edge. In the final of the Cup of Russia Adeliya won bronze.
link to video interview with the Bronze Adeliya: https://youtu.be/ikOx7r3DBtg

It is worth noting another athlete from CSKA, Yelizaveta Berestovskaya, who took 12th place. In the free program, the skater tried twice to jump a quadruple Toeloop, but both attempts were unsuccessful.

" After my short program with coach Sergey Dmitriyevich Davydov, we decided to declare two quads, one in a cascade with a double Toeloop. We thought that there is nothing to lose, we must try. Of course, I’m upset that I didn’t manage to do everything. This is the first time I have skated my two quadruples program. Next week I have a new tournament, then again, I will try. It should work out ... I love figure skating. This is my life. I began to skate in Voronezh, then we signed up for a training camp with Sergey Dmitriyevich, we did not think that we would stay, but he advised me to take sports seriously. So I ended up with him. And then my mother and elder sister moved to Moscow. And now I train at CSKA, ” the athlete told.

All 12 participants of the Russian Cup final among juniors performed cascades of two triple jumps in their programs, which until recently was considered a complex element. Today, juniors are trying to jump and learn quadruples and Axels with three and a half turns. With the start of a new Olympic cycle, women's skating has entered a new high-quality round.
-----
From: https://fsrussia.ru/news/4933-sofya...voevala-serebro-adeliya-petrosyan-bronzu.html

karina17

Final Flight
Does anyone know when Veronika Zhilina will be junior eligible? She is 11 as far as I know, so not even old enough for Russian Juniors, but I wonder if she will get to compete at JGP in 2022/23 or 2023/24. Same question about Akatieva and Samodelkina. It's pretty hard to find their birthdays, so it would be nice if someone could share a source if there's any.

Samodelkina is born in January 2007, so she falls into the late 06 - early 07 age bracket and will be age eligible next season alongside Petrosyan. Akatieva is born July 2007 while Zhilina is born May 2008, so even though they're about a year apart, they both fall into the late 07 - early 08 age bracket and will debut in juniors a year after, in the 2021-22 season, along with Berestovskaya. I don't have an actual source for their birthdays, but they've been mentioned a few times in this thread and on Youtube and Instagram as well, so I'm just recalling.

Mawwerg

Final Flight

Akatieva's birthday is very easy to remember. It's 07/07/07 :laugh:.