2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1096 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Fried

Final Flight
Ok. Moscow reported 54 more today.
I wish I could believe it.
However, this should not be more than a pious wish. Unfortunately.
But I don't want to go off topic.
I sincerely wish the Russian people all the best, no question.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
What did Eteri mean, when she said Alina had innate "feeling of pose"?

Eteri explained that a bit later in the same interview; she said that unlike other skaters that lack proper knowledge/control of their bodies and have to be taught how to look presentable and beautiful on the rink, Alina has an innate ability, that "feeling of pose".

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
What did Eteri mean, when she said Alina had innate "feeling of pose"?

Just that she's a natural dancer. John Hicks used to say that about Sasha Cohen, that she was "unable to hit an ugly position". There are several skaters who are just the opposite, seemingly unable to hit a pretty position.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Well, tbh, I‘ve never watched Game of Thrones so the knowledge I‘ve gathered is from friends discussing it endlessly around me. But I‘ve never heard anything of unicorns. :laugh:

But in seriousness, as far as I know, it does deal with heavy themes and shows violence in very explicit ways. I‘m not a parent but I‘m not sure I‘d let an 11 year old watch it - probably not. Kids these days are exposed to tough stuff with the media and TV and everything but 11 is rather young, I‘d say. But Sasha‘s 15, that‘s different. And I can imagine that strong and fierce characters like Daenerys with her dragons and Arya will appeal to her more than, say, Bella Swan from Twilight. And I don‘t blame her for that... :biggrin:

I still wish someone would do a Harry Potter program, though, because that‘s my childhood. (And I still love it lol) The movies have some great music and you could make any program you want out of it. Something charming and cute like Kaiya from Canada did, or something serious and dark, especially with the last films. :yes:

Check out Sofia Shifrina's Harry Potter programme!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSE0SFURqj0&frags=pl,wn

Artemisa

Final Flight
:eek:topic: Moscow reported just 6 new cases today so probably things could become better there soon and skaters will be able to return to their rinks.

Forget it ... and less every russian is at home it won't get better .. probably they are doing very few test ...

NaVi

Medalist
I can't help but think that some of these top figure skating groups might want to try to find training accommodations outside of Moscow and St Petersburg. The threat of a shutdown will linger on until for probably year.

colormyworld240

Medalist
I'm surprised Anna was picked up by Nike. Unlike Sasha who is a quad pioneer, Evgenia who was winning everything, and Alina who is Olympic champion, Anna had a good season but not the best season. I'm surprised Alena hasn't been given a sponsorship by a major athletic wear company. She's the one who won everything this season. Maybe she will get something soon, but unlikely with Adidas/Nike as she's a direct competitor.

On the topic of Anna, I realized how much she looks like a younger Natalie Portman. I'd love for her to so Swan Lake in the future. I know it's a warhorse and some people are tired of it, but it is a masterpiece. And besides her resemblance to Portman, classical pieces are right up Anna's alley, especially the delicate Odette. From her Perfume SP, we can also see that she is capable of expressing darker themes. Imo, there is no better vehicle to showcase Anna's musicality, attention to detail, and versatility than Swan Lake.

It might be a long shot as Alina's Black Swan was her Olympic winning program and usually groups do not repeat iconic performances. But, Alina's swan was not ballet, it was modern. Anna could perform a beautiful classical swan and I don't think that would draw comparisons to Alina, she can make it her own. Anna was a great Firebird, but overall it was a single bright and expressive theme. Swan Lake would be a combination of the best qualities in her short and long this season.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm surprised Anna was picked up by Nike. Unlike Sasha who is a quad pioneer, Evgenia who was winning everything, and Alina who is Olympic champion, Anna had a good season but not the best season. I'm surprised Alena hasn't been given a sponsorship by a major athletic wear company. She's the one who won everything this season. Maybe she will get something soon, but unlikely with Adidas/Nike as she's a direct competitor.

On the topic of Anna, I realized how much she looks like a younger Natalie Portman. I'd love for her to so Swan Lake in the future. I know it's a warhorse and some people are tired of it, but it is a masterpiece. And besides her resemblance to Portman, classical pieces are right up Anna's alley, especially the delicate Odette. From her Perfume SP, we can also see that she is capable of expressing darker themes. Imo, there is no better vehicle to showcase Anna's musicality, attention to detail, and versatility than Swan Lake.

It might be a long shot as Alina's Black Swan was her Olympic winning program and usually groups do not repeat iconic performances. But, Alina's swan was not ballet, it was modern. Anna could perform a beautiful classical swan and I don't think that would draw comparisons to Alina, she can make it her own. Anna was a great Firebird, but overall it was a single bright and expressive theme. Swan Lake would be a combination of the best qualities in her short and long this season.

Internationally. Anna won the hardest competition of the (every) season. And for the 2nd time in a row :biggrin:

karina17

Final Flight

It might have something to do with Instagram engagement. Anna has posted a lot more often than Alyona in the past year.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Probably a mixture of many factors and decision makers. The skaters are still children legally. Any sponsorship deals have to be signed by their parents.

One can be certain #TeamTutberidzeForProgress' management will be very picky with choosing any sponsors, publications, endorsements, even interviews with media for their pupils.

Their image has to be maintained at the highest level possible. And so far they've been doing great, first with Alina, now with the other Awesomely Amazing Aces. And even with the juniors and Sof'ya Akat'yeva, their brightest novice star.
Only high level glossy fashion and lifestyle magazines, athletics sponsorships and healthy lifestyle products endorsements.

They cannot control hostile yellow pages nor invented scandal and gossip on social media channels and even their known opponents amongst the 'figure skating elite', so present a united front and adhere to silence.

Results speak loudest, and even here, they don't brag but are appreciative of the chances given and thankful for the collective effort in delivering these successes.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Inna Goncharenko: isolation at home - a "waste" for skaters

Moscow skaters went home in connection with the coronavirus pandemic. Inna Goncharenko, Merited Coach of Russia, told RIA Novosti what dangers are facing the 'golden fund' of the Russian figure skating, who needed the Montreal World Championships most and why this tournament should be canceled at all.

- How then to "collect" the skaters?

“ While I am perplexed by everything that's happening, it is a shame that the World Championships was canceled. And from Monday all schools are closed. Coaches rush around, thinking of what to do. Although if soccer teams are quarantined, they could send the Russian national figure skating team to Novogorsk on similar conditions. ”

- On the other hand, the season is over ...

“ It's still too early to go on vacation. If an athlete is now sitting at home, then how can he be “collected” later? To be outside the full-fledged active training process until April 12 is a lot of time. Three weeks of downtime for people in such dynamics is a waste. ”

- At least from March 21 to April 12, skaters will not be able to attend their skating rinks.

“ This is a problem, because we are talking about high-level athletes whose body is peaked according to a certain schedule. An ordinary person has biorhythms in life, and skaters also have their own dynamics in preparation. This pause could have been normal if it had happened at least towards the end of April, and preferably by May. And in the current situation, the next season, it turns out, we must start earlier, but we do not know what the situation will be with the virus, and we will not adjust the international calendar for ourselves. ”

- Unless Open Test Skates can be moved to June. And who will be ready to show their new programs in the early summer?

“ Therefore, an early start is also impossible. Staging new programs usually takes place either at the end of the concluding season, or at the very beginning of a new. The athlete has everything scheduled - when to stage a program, when to break in new boots. Messing up this training schedule entails serious physical exertion and puts up a psychological barrier. Secondly, the same May, family holidays for the skaters cannot be replaced by the four corners of their apartments, sun and sea is most desirable. But you can’t go anywhere. ”

- In the best case, the rinks will open on April 12th.

“ And if not? April 12th is a guideline. Therefore, the option of a camp in Novogorsk must be considered. Organise doctors, think about group training, so as not to violate the rules on the number of people involved in connection with the current situation, on the isolation of athletes in the locker rooms. UTC "Novogorsk" is a closed territory, there you can do everything you need. Because getting out of shape and then getting it back again is traumatic. ”

Online mini-PE and online choreography

- Is it worth now for coaches to give instructions to figure skaters on keeping fit?

“ And where will they be engaged in conditions of self-isolation? In the apartment? In the staircase? Everyone has different living conditions. And each girl is worth her weight in gold, as, indeed, is the entire combined team. No, in the apartment no preparation will be effective, it must be organised. ”

- Workout in the yard - a possibility?

“ I don't know where in our yard this is possible, given our climate. If it were dry and warm on the streets ... But we’ll have a blizzard, then rain, and the end of March, according to weather forecasts, would not be favourable. ”

- With what recommendations should a coach let his athlete sit at home?

“ Firstly, in this extraordinary situation, there must be a good psychological attitude. The main thing is that the guys themselves should not be discouraged, because in these conditions now there are athletes from all over the world, and not just ours.
Secondly, to keep in shape at home to the maximum and limit yourself in terms of nutrition to avoid excessive weight gain. But the nutrition of all athletes of this high level is already balanced. True, when a person whose body is accustomed to the planned expenditure of energy sits idle at home, then not is needed to tip the nutrition balance.
Thirdly, the coach and the athlete, of course, must stay in touch. Perhaps even some kind of online choreography or online mini-PE to conduct. Use your imagination. ”

- Do you need buckwheat?

“ No, buckwheat will not help here. ”

- You haven't stocked up?

“ Oh well, this is absurd. You cannot buy it for a hundred years. And the skaters do not need home isolation, but sports quarantine. ”

Trusova and Aliyev suffered

- The cancellation of the World Championships, in your opinion, damaged the shape of those who should have won it?

“ I think so. Because the World Championships is the main start of the season. If they manage to slightly get out of the schedule, then you can survive the passing of such a tournament, but if the prohibitions on training continue, this will become a real test for the guys. If everyone is allowed to go to their skating rinks on April 12, they will probably be able to quickly regain shape. ”

- At the same time, the World Championships in Canada weren't the final chance for any of the Russian skaters.

“ Yes, but it’s not this final chance, but rather that life is an unpredictable thing. And here, the best workout is competition. The athletes are hardened by it. Psychologically, the athletes lives by it, it energetically nourishes them. A high-level athlete trains for the sake of tournaments, and when there aren't any, the meaningfulness of the whole process is lost. I was not going to Montreal, I do not't have any athletes who would participate there, but after the news of the cancellation, I had a bad mood for a week. I miss these event in my life. And imagine the state of the coaches and skaters who purposefully prepared for it and almost left for Montreal? Aliyev was already sitting at a training camp in America; he passed acclimatisation. Such news is unsettling. ”

- Are you a advocate for postponing the World Championships or for its cancellation?

“ In this case, for cancellation, for the next championship to go ahead according to the usual schedule. Now let those athletes who became World Champions in Saitama in 2019 remain champions for another year. It’s more logical, in my opinion. And the postponement for another term, for example, to the announced autumn, then how to put this tournament on amidst the stages of the Grand Prix? The calendar is tight. ”

- The Honorary President of the Russian Figure Skating Federation, Valentin Piseyev also spoke in favour of canceling the World Championships, otherwise the situation threatens a global malfunction for all skaters. In particular, it will be necessary to prepare two different programs which by all objective means cannot be fully accomplished.

“ I agree, this option will affect both the quality of figure skating and the nervous system of the skaters. And is such a hassle necessary for the sake of this World Championships? I think not. ”

- In a year, at the World Championships 2021, will your favourites be the same?

“ I suppose so. The main thing is that they be fully armed and ready, and this depends on many factors. Let's hope that in a year the situation with the virus will subside. ”

- Which of the Russian skaters was most in need of the Montreal World Championships?

“ It seems to me that Sasha Trusova needed it the most. ”

- I thought of her too.

“ And I immediately thought of her. Because there has been some understatement from her this season. She was preparing the most difficult version of her program ever, and it was clear that she was approaching this tournament on high alert with her full arsenal at the ready. Also for Aliyev, Montreal was very important, because he only gained his optimal form in which he could successfully start "for the world." But what to do when such viruses, as it turned out, do happen? Now everyone needs to think about the future and, again, think carefully about quarantine in Novogorsk. ”

(c) Анатолий Самохвалов
-----

My idea too, as soon as the most severe restrictions are lifted, gather everybody in Novogorsk and train there under monitored conditions.

But skaters are kids and do need a family holiday first ...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Tat'yana Tarasova: “ I would name Trusova the best rookie of the season. Tutberidze the best coach ”

Well-known figure skating coach Tat'yana Tarasova talked about how she would distribute the 'ISU Awards' to the best skaters of the 2019/20 season.

“ In the nomination of the best rookie of the season, I would choose between Aleksandra Trusova, Alyona Kostornaya and Kamila Valiyeva, but I would probably name Sasha. What Sasha did this season, having successfully completed four quadruple jumps in one program at international competitions, is unlikely any of the girls will ever be able to repeat in the coming years.

It is generally very difficult to do what no other person in the world does. At the same time, everyone allied against Trusova, they are even going to change the rules so that athletes could not get a big advantage for their jumps. So I'm for her!

The best coach? Eteri Tutberidze. Why her and not Tamara Moskvina, whose students became European champions this season? In my understanding, what Moskvina did with her athletes is an unconditional breakthrough of the year that has given us all hope.

Why not Rafael Harutyunyan? He did a tremendous job with Nathan Chen, but he is still this one athlete. Yet Tutberidze commands total dominance both in senior female skating and in junior skating. The best coach, it seems to me, should be determined not only by the quality of the athletes, but also by their number. Eteri meets both criteria, ” said Tarasova.
-----
Part from: https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/688743-ledovyi-oskar-tarasova-figurnoe-katanie

Fried

Final Flight
My idea too, as soon as the most severe restrictions are lifted, gather everybody in Novogorsk and train their under monitored conditions.

But skaters are kids and do need a family holiday first ...
And in between, of course, quarantine.

Azikin

Medalist
Tat'yana Tarasova: “ I would name Trusova the best rookie of the season. Tutberidze the best coach ”

Well-known figure skating coach Tat'yana Tarasova talked about how she would distribute the 'ISU Awards' to the best skaters of the 2019/20 season.

“ In the nomination of the best rookie of the season, I would choose between Aleksandra Trusova, Alyona Kostornaya and Kamila Valiyeva, but I would probably name Sasha. What Sasha did this season, having successfully completed four quadruple jumps in one program at international competitions, is unlikely any of the girls will ever be able to repeat in the coming years.

I would choose the European champion and GPF winner.. ;) It's not just about jumps, you know...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
FFKKR will evaluate the training situation by April 12: https://rsport.ria.ru/20200323/1569017434.html

“ We announced that they (the skaters) will rest until April 12, and then we will see what to to, ” Gorshkov answered by telephone to the question whether it was possible to organise a quarantine camp for the leaders of the national team in Novogorsk.

On the decree of Moscow major to all citizens over 65 years of age to remain indoors until at least April 14: https://rsport.ria.ru/20200323/1569017493.html

“ Today we are still working, but we decided that we will spend the rest of the week working remotely, ” said 73-year-old Gorshkov by telephone. “ During this period, business travel will take place only if necessary. ”

Most skaters returning to Russia have been in 14 days quarantine, even some who competed in Junior Worlds like Akhant'yeva and Kolyosov: https://rsport.ria.ru/20200323/1569011720.html

Trankov just returned with his family and will quarantine too: https://ria.ru/20200323/1569016383.html , telling about the surreal travel conditions:

“ The usually congested airports in Miami and New York are now almost empty, there are no queues. We entered the plane, 10 people at a distance from each other. Many passengers were wearing masks and gloves, some even in raincoats. There were few people on the flight, but the second leg to Moscow , they say, will have a full board. Let’s go to quarantine, but at least we're going home! ” - wrote Trankov on his Instagram account.

“ We decided to urgently return home. Every hour the news changes, and the news doesn't become happier, unfortunately. Yes, we probably reached a critical moment, but we really wanted to believe in the best. Now the United States is closed for the strictest quarantine, in some cities they've introduce curfew. Nobody knows how long this will last, so we realised that you can’t wait another minute ”, Volosozhar wrote on her Instagram account.
“ The town of Istero, in which we are located, is very small. Our apartments here are completely not adapted for isolation together with a child, there is practically nothing here. Of all the entertainment, there is a small lake near the house, but if a curfew is imposed, this will not be available anymore. So urgently leaving is the only right decision. Moreover, our relatives are very worried that the borders will be closed for an indefinite period ”.

The ex-skater also reported that upon arrival she will immediately quarantine with her family.
“ Tomorrow at 8 am we have a plane from Miami. It’s not easy to fly now, even to get to the departure city. That's a whole quest. Therefore, we begin emergency preparations, wish us good luck. We would rather be at home. And yes, of course, as soon as we arrive, we will lock us down in quarantine because the safety of our family and the people around us is the most important! Rather that everything would be fine and everyone stay healthy, " Volosozhar wrote.

katymay

Medalist

Anna has a huge following on instagram, so I'm not surprised.