2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1117 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Interesting to see how the skaters will cope with this time off ice, it could give them time to heal injuries and work on things like flexibility and strength but also time to lose shape. Come test skates, if it even happens, we could see their form. It will be hard for the ones with challengers trying to move between B team and A team or those with GP assignments but we'll see what happens. That is, given the grand prix happens. There could be a second wave, but hopefully not. We don't know anything for sure right now, what we can do is stay home

Amei

Record Breaker
Interesting to see how the skaters will cope with this time off ice, it could give them time to heal injuries and work on things like flexibility and strength but also time to lose shape. Come test skates, if it even happens, we could see their form. It will be hard for the ones with challengers trying to move between B team and A team or those with GP assignments but we'll see what happens.

I think this will 'time off' the ice will aid skaters like Kostornaia, Tuktamysheva, Shcherbakova and Trusova who have triple axels/quads and have had those jumps and competing with them for awhile vs. skaters that are just starting out trying to learn those elements.

But real question for people super familiar with elite level training - how much will this really affect them? It was right at the end of the season, I believe the season itself was shut down 7-10 days prior to Worlds so skaters going to worlds were full on training (unless they were sick or injured); after Worlds we usually hear about skaters going on vacations, the ones that have school are focusing on end of year exams - so how much does this really inhibit their training routine because from years past it seems this happened in what's usually a lighter training schedule for the skaters.

Ziotic

Medalist
I think this will 'time off' the ice will aid skaters like Kostornaia, Tuktamysheva, Shcherbakova and Trusova who have triple axels/quads and have had those jumps and competing with them for awhile vs. skaters that are just starting out trying to learn those elements.

But real question for people super familiar with elite level training - how much will this really affect them? It was right at the end of the season, I believe the season itself was shut down 7-10 days prior to Worlds so skaters going to worlds were full on training (unless they were sick or injured); after Worlds we usually hear about skaters going on vacations, the ones that have school are focusing on end of year exams - so how much does this really inhibit their training routine because from years past it seems this happened in what's usually a lighter training schedule for the skaters.

Anything longer than 4 weeks can really cause regression. No matter what other exercises they are doing, there will be some muscle memory issues especially if there is any growth. And I mean growth in every sense of the word.

Some moves can only be replicated by actually skating and nothing can really replace that. Also if you look at people who grow even while they are skating you can see them struggle, Maria S and Elena R are perfect examples.

There rotation speed changed and they were never really able to recover.

brakes

On the Ice
Shcherbakova said in her latest interview, she enters the season very slowly and in rather poor form, so I guess she won't be so much psychologically negatively influenced after the break.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20200413/1569926147.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya. Will the legendary trio lose their position?

Today, Aleksandra Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova and Alyona Kostornaya are the main stars of Russian figure skating. It was they who were supposed to compete for Russia at the cancelled World Championships in Montreal. And today they are the main hope of this sport. While Alina Zagitova temporarily paused her career, and the rest of the promising students of Eteri Tutberidze are still in the junior category, the special attention is drawn to the TShchK.

Many joke: the question is not who will win the competition, but how the medals will be distributed between the girls. Nevertheless, rumours continue to persist in the Internet that everything is not that simple, especially in light of the competitions canceled due to the coronavirus.

There is no guarantee that the legendary trio will remain in favourite position in the next season, because Eteri Tutberidze understands that the main thing is victory. And in her team, the real stars of the future are growing up - the one named Kamila Valiyeva already today is a serious bid for victory. She does not just master the quadruple jumps, she also has impeccable choreography and artistry. In addition to Kamila, Eteri Georgievna also has Maya Khromykh and Dar' ya Usachyova.

And if not next season, then in a couple they will definitely create a very tangible competition for the trio of TShchK. Already, the younger athletes are showing impressive results, and the results of the Junior World Championships, where Kamila took first place, Dar'ya second and Maya fourth are the best confirmation of this.

But one should also not forget that there is every chance that Alina Zagitova, who supposedly is already learning a quadruple jump, will return to professional sports. And in this case, the balance of power may shift again.
-----
From: https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5b2a...oe-trio-svoi-pozicii-5e944ed92c5f1a7bf474e81f

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Sport Ekspress' Kuznetsov is at it again: Tutberidze's supposed cruelty, Medvyedeva's supposed controversy, Zagitova's supposed retirement, increasing the age limit to stop the 15 year olds, the usual trap questions that make up the majority part of his agenda, now in an interview with Viktoriya Safonova trying for her to make statements: https://sport-express.ru/figure-ska...na-pereehala-iz-rossii-v-belorussiyu-1662589/

I'll try to intepret the interview later, because Viktoriya obviously might have something interesting to say.

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Last interview of Alina for Cosmopolitan had interesting bit:

I know that quads are dangerous,but I still try to do them and I am very happy when I manage to land them

You are free to make whatever you wish out of it...

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Have we heard whether Sinitsina is switching coaches? Part of me wants her to stay where she is and bring her current coach some success. Part of me wants her to get the high scores she deserves but I don’t think she’ll get at Snow Leopards.

I know it’s off topic, but to those of you who speak Russian, and keep up with her social media, how is Aleksandra Soldatova doing recently? I hope she is well.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Apart from the top Khrustalniy skaters and a few from Davydov's group, the others publicise very little of how they are coping, what they are doing in self-isolation and such.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I can't say enough how much I'm missing the Russian Diva's right now. I hope they are ALL healthy and doing well. I can hardly wait to see you again.

ice coverage

Record Breaker