2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

readernick

Medalist
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ^_^

Absolutely true. However, Anna has never beat Aliona in international competition. This is not related to opinion, this is fact. So, I don’t think it would be wise to be too confident that she would have won Worlds, would it?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Done!

Also, a bit late to the discussion of Anna's quads, but to me she got some perhaps overly-harsh calls on a few this year (which lowered her overall rate). Plus, she didn't land the quad at all internationally in 2018-2019, so she's definitely improved her consistency this season. Out of all her quad lutzes this season, she only fell on one!

Fried

Final Flight
Absolutely true. However, Anna has never beat Aliona in international competition. This is not related to opinion, this is fact. So, I don’t think it would be wise to be too confident that she would have won Worlds, would it?
Of course not. But for a different reason. Namely, because Sashenka would have won worlds.:cool:

starlight97

Final Flight
While Anna is a great technician and very likable as a personality, I think many can't totally get on board cause while her quads are real and often they are rotated, they don't have much height or strength behind them, neither do any of her other jumps. It reminds me a bit of Lipnitskaya (who is one of my favorite skaters and the one that brought me to the sport)
And the 4s are some of the most prerotated out there.
She does her jumps amazingly but they are very reliant on her being small and rotating fast, not much lift there which is the difference between for example Sasha's 4Lz and hers. So they don't really have the wow factor and that's why she doesn't get that much GOE in general I guess.
I hope as she grows, instead of losing her jumps like it usually happens, she can gain muscle and get some lift behind them

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

You're great :agree:

Also, a bit late to the discussion of Anna's quads, but to me she got some perhaps overly-harsh calls on a few this year (which would lower her overall rate). Plus, she didn't land the quad at all internationally in 2018-2019, so she's definitely improved her consistency this season. Out of all her quad lutzes this season, she only fell on one!

Exactly. With Anna, it was a quest that lasted for two seasons. During her junior season, she's landed 4Lz only two times (at the sage of the Russian Cup and at the Russian senior nationals) and most of the unsuccesful attempts were falls. This season she fell only two times from a quad (once from a 4F at GPF and once from the 4Lz at Europeans), other errors were hardly noticeable and didn't affect the impression from her skate. Some of Anna's errors were probably judged more harshly than with other skaters, e.g. I still don't think her 4F from the Euros was UR.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't want to predict anything what will happens but I have some thoughts. All of these girls are tinies incredible tinies. Probably they will grow and become women with all its features in next years. Anna rotates incredible fast but she doesn't jump too high. Sasha is very sporty with muscles and jumps high...Probably she has chance to save her quads more than Anna. But these are just thoughts nothing is sure.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
While Anna is a great technician and very likable as a personality, I think many can't totally get on board cause while her quads are real and often they are rotated, they don't have much height or strength behind them, neither do any of her other jumps. It reminds me a bit of Lipnitskaya (who is one of my favorite skaters and the one that brought me to the sport)
She does her jumps amazingly but they are very reliant on her being small and rotating fast, not much lift there which is the difference between for example Sasha's 4Lz and hers. So they don't really have the wow factor and that's why she doesn't get that much GOE in general I guess.
I hope as she grows, instead of losing her jumps like it usually happens, she can gain muscle and get some lift behind them

I disagree with it. For me Anna's 4Lz from RusNats'19(I'm not sure what number I should type here - Rondo Capriccioso program) is the most impressive jump that season. And overall I believe Anna's quad Lutzes have the same height as Sasha's. However Sasha has a monstrous 4T.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Speaking of jump height, I’d love to see some measurements on Kamila’s quad toe. It looks massive, but it’s hard to tell if it’s just the camera angle or if it’s really that high. She does them in the corner right next to the boards on both sides so it’s easier to see their height vs a skater who does them more on the middle of the rink where a higher angled camera usually films. Hopefully we will get some iscope stats next season!

KOBOT37

Match Penalty
Trusova's Lutz is 56cm around same height as Alena's 3A.

For example, Hanyu's 4lo from last worlds was 64cm.

I actually tried to measure quad heigh with eye but after Nathan's Quads seemed as tall as Anna's I gave up :biggrin:

I didn't see much difference between time of rotations between quads, I compared Anna, Hanyu and Trusova and Anna and Alexandra were around same time with Anna slightly less rotation time, Hanyu was ahead at around 0.1 of second or something like that.

So... is there any real data anywhere ?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Two wonderful ladies of the Russian fs are celebrating their birthdays today: one megastar, one of the most talented skaters, Yulia Lipnitskaya, and a future star, Adelia Petrosyan :)

Yulia's impact on the sport for how short her career was is beyond amazing. There was a period of time when I wasn't really keeping track of skating, but I still would periodically search up that performance because of how special it is. I'm sure she's brought countless people into the sport.

And little Adelia is such a sunshine. Funny that she looks so much like Medvedeva, but has Yulia's birthday! I can't wait for her junior debut!

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight

Anna is a great technician? What about her quad lutz, which in reality is a 3.5 flip?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Yulia's impact on the sport for how short her career was is beyond amazing. There was a period of time when I wasn't really keeping track of skating, but I still would periodically search up that performance because of how special it is. I'm sure she's brought countless people into the sport.

Me too! Before I started following figure skating, that was the one program I rewatched a few times and showed to other people :)

It says a lot that this is still the most watched figure skating program on Youtube (currently at 14,623,262 views :jaw:)

Happy Birthday Yulia!! :cheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.