2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 164 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ok, sorry if I misunderstood. To me the program gave off more of a Liza style or even Sandra Bezic style to be honest. With all that Jazzy arm choreo haha.

Once again, precisely what nussnacker have said, it's good to have a person who is able to explain your own words better then yourself to some people :) yes, I did bnot mean it the way Danny or Eteri invented particular things, but the way they put it in the program and combvine it with each other. If you ask me, the two programs that came to my mind immediately in first 5 seconds were Sasha's Big Spender and Adeliya's Souse le ciel de Paris :)

Thank you nussnacker :agree:

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Any truth to this...?

https://d.pr/i/lLCYBD

I wouldn't bother to inquire, but Yuzuuzu is one of the bigger FS IG accounts and isn't the type to throw around random rumors.

I don't buy it, cause why would any coach in their right mind refuse Anya? Also, Anya's bond with Daniil is so longstanding and tight that I'd surprised to see her leave him.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Any truth to this...?

I wouldn't bother to inquire, but Yuzuuzu is one of the bigger FS IG accounts and isn't the type to throw around random rumors.

I don't buy it, cause why would any coach in their right mind refuse Anya? Also, Anya's bond with Daniil is so longstanding and tight that I'd surprised to see her leave him.
Well depends, brian already has quite a few skaters, and he took on zhenya mabye he didnt want any direct russian competition for zhenya ? Or he finds that he has already enough skaters that he said no? If that rumor was true. But then again i would aks the question if something is wrong inside the eteri team when all 3 wanted to leave at some point and 2 of them did leave. Imean we know that sasha wanted to leave twice already last season before may. At one point there had been the rumor that alyona was going to go(which now happenend) and now anna too?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Scott512

Record Breaker
Any truth to this...?

I don't believe it but anything's possible. Zhenya is an only child and an adult her living and training in Canada is a different story than what would be for Anna. Anna has a big sister and little sister and parents in Moscow and probably grandparents and I doubt she would leave all them to go Halfway Around the World to skate for a great coach when she already has a great coach who has coached lady Olympic Champions two Olympics in a row. One team event and one individual.

But someone mentioned that the transfer window is closed so no coaching changes for Anna. ;) if that happened people's(flankers) heads would explode! 😜

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I think it would be too much of a challenge trying to reteach Anna new technique. That’s probably why Brian wouldn’t take her, and also because north american coaches consider training russian students too difficult, as the training system is completely different. Rafael wouldn’t take her either.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I think it would be too much of a challenge trying to reteach Anna new technique. That’s probably why Brian wouldn’t take her, and also because north american coaches consider training russian students too difficult, as the training system is completely different. Rafael wouldn’t take her either.
But didnt raf als say that he wouldn't say no to sasha? Or do i remember wrong?

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I don't believe it but anything's possible. Zhenya is an only child and an adult her living and training in Canada is a different story than what would be for Anna. Anna has a big sister and little sister and parents in Moscow and probably grandparents and I doubt she would leave all them to go Halfway Around the World to skate for a great coach when she already has a great coach who has coached lady Olympic Champions two Olympics in a row. One team event and one individual.

Anna's older sister actually attended high school in Switzerland and is now is in university in Netherlands, so it wouldn't at all be weird for Anna to live and train abroad, as far as her family goes.

Not saying the rumor is true - I still don't buy it - but just wanted to point that out.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

But someone mentioned that the transfer window is closed so no coaching changes for Anna. ;) if that happened people's(flankers) heads would explode! [emoji12]
I think even my head would explode

DougDorsey

On the Ice

Anna might be the most coachable skater in all of seniors. I'm not saying that fixing her jump technique would necessarily be easy, but the words "difficult" and "Anna Shcherbakova" shouldn't be spoken in the same sentence. :laugh:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Any truth to this...?

Yuzuuzu got it wrong. It supposedly happened in the 17/18 season after Anna broke her leg and Evgenia left. The info comes from a skater who got it from a high profile choreographer. The skater told the story to a few other skaters who have private Twitter accounts and talked about it there, but did not reveal the names.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Well depends, brian already has quite a few skaters, and he took on zhenya mabye he didnt want any direct russian competition for zhenya ? Or he finds that he has already enough skaters that he said no? If that rumor was true. But then again i would aks the question if something is wrong inside the eteri team when all 3 wanted to leave at some point and 2 of them did leave. Imean we know that sasha wanted to leave twice already last season before may. At one point there had been the rumor that alyona was going to go(which now happenend) and now anna too?

I’m not sure we know that (regarding Sasha leaving 2 times). That came from a tabloid newspaper after all, didn’t seem like it’s a trustworthy source. The same one that alleged that Aliona only went for money/contracts.
They always have some “secret” sources, which I don’t know how much we can trust.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
But didnt raf als say that he wouldn't say no to sasha? Or do i remember wrong?

Raf actually said “Any coach would be happy to work with her” or something like that.
A big change of mood after his “one-time use plastic cups” comment!
Perhaps he was thinking that they might approach him.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Raf actually said “Any coach would be happy to work with her” or something like that.
A big change of mood after his “one-time use plastic cups” comment!
Perhaps he was thinking that they might approach him.

Not really.:scratch3:

He would be happy to work with them and he would not treat them like one time plastic cups.

God knows I am no huge fan of Rafael A., but even I can't find an inconsistency here.:)

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Yuzuuzu got it wrong. It supposedly happened in the 17/18 season after Anna broke her leg and Evgenia left. The info comes from a skater who got it from a high profile choreographer. The skater told the story to a few other skaters who have private Twitter accounts and talked about it there, but did not reveal the names.

Thank you for clarifying! That makes a lot more sense.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

He would be happy to work with them and he would not treat them like one time plastic cups.

God knows I am no huge fan of Rafael A., but even I can't find an inconsistency here.:)

Well, kind of really. He was largely criticizing the fact that teenage girls are winning over older ladies, and we need to raise the minimum senior age.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Well, kind of really. He was largely criticizing the fact that teenage girls are winning over older ladies, and we need to raise the minimum senior age.

Overall or only for Russian ladies? To raise the minimum acceptable age...

This problem may be solved with just a little cheating with documents.

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight

But he also said in an interview he wouldn’t take Russian athletes because the systems are too different. When asked about Evgenia, Raf said if there was one person that could do it that person was Brian, but that he wouldn’t do it himself. Maybe he changed his mind, who knows.

Maybe Stephane would be a good fit to Anna, if her sister is living in Switzerland and in case she actually wants to leave Eteri, which we don’t know.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
But he also said in an interview he wouldn’t take Russian athletes because the systems are too different. When asked about Evgenia, Raf said if there was one person that could do it that person was Brian, but that he wouldn’t do it himself. Maybe he changed his mind, who knows.

Maybe Stephane would be a good fit to Anna, if her sister is living in Switzerland and in case she actually wants to leave Eteri, which we don’t know.

Stephane is not a tech coach.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Oh, I‘d love that just for the artistic possibilities. Can you imagine Anna and her musicality doing a Stephane program? :luv17: And he could help with her skating skills too!

But honestly, Anna‘s not going to leave now that her and Alina are the only current seniors in Eteri‘s team. She seems quite happy with Eteri and will be getting all the attention. I just hope she won‘t get pressured into feeling she has to beat Sasha/Aliona at all costs to prove something but other than that, I think this situation could really be beneficial for her. Overall just more time spent on her.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

But someone mentioned that the transfer window is closed so no coaching changes for Anna. ;) if that happened people's(flankers) heads would explode! ��

If you predict that one more time, it could happen, so should hurry with my testament :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.