2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 167 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
It does! Now, that would be an interesting choice but quite the test as well. It‘s not an easy music to skate to, you need a lot of rhythm and charisma to sell it.

She has such a beautiful 4T! :luv17:

But I see they have succeeded in making the traditional leg kick look even more awkward. :slink:
Did she grow a few centimeters ? She looks taller to me than before. And why the leg kick,? Really cant they just leave the leg kick out?

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Honestly, I cannot stand Bolero so I'm never excited when someone skates to it :laugh: I am interested to see Kamila's take on it though, if that is indeed her music. Like Fluture said, it's a difficult piece to skate to, so it will definitely challenge her a lot!

Happy to see that the quad toe is back and just as stunning as ever :love:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OK, because that mean the majority doesn't support the change and any reason for the change supported by the solid evidence wasn't really offered till now, then we can abandon the age topic unless some true reason for it's reconsidering apart from "I don't like it" would eventually appear :)

I have offered many reasons.

You may not like the reasons, you may say the reasons are unsupported, you may say they are bad reasons. But they are still reasons.

Inferred rampant jealousy of a particular coach or a particular country may be an unsupported reason and bad reason to argue for keeping the current ages, in my view. But it’s still a reason.:)

dunffvanstorn

Final Flight
I'm really not a fan of that hitch Kamila has when she reloads for her second jump in the combo.

Poor Fran. She is already having a meltdown over Valieva's quad toe

https://twitter.com/Fran_klymydear/status/1291785663650631681
https://twitter.com/Fran_klymydear/status/1291786152660406273

Fran is so annoying... She tries to be supercool, but she always talks about the same things and repeats what the TSL guys think. Let the girls do the quads, I’m all in for it.

Btw: Kamila’s quad toe is the second best among ladies. The only thing I don’t like in her technique is that weird change of edge in every single combination she does.

cell

On the Ice
Fran is so annoying... She tries to be supercool, but she always talks about the same things and repeats what the TSL guys think. Let the girls do the quads, I’m all in for it.

Btw: Kamila’s quad toe is the second best among ladies. The only thing I don’t like in her technique is that weird change of edge in every single combination she does.

I wonder if Fran can explain how Kamila's tech is a) cheated b) how it relies on body weight? Probably not.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I wonder if Fran can explain how Kamila's tech is a) cheated b) how it relies on body weight? Probably not.

Kamila's toe normally has undoubtedly complete rotation (in fact sometimes she over-rotates), and is as high as most of the men. Yes, the pause in the combination is a flaw, but how anyone can call that "cheated" or say that she can "just do it because she's a kid" is ridiculous. Not only does it downplay her technical achievement, but its just incorrect. If it were that easy that any kid could do it by being "small and light", we'd be seeing these quads all over. Most skating coaches/parents are absolutely not above having their kids train quads. The reason they aren't doing it is because... its incredibly hard. Fran has the right not to be impressed I guess... but questioning whether other people are impressed? just rude.

Its the same thing when people say "Well Eteri just games the system to get as many points as possible". Like what? If it were that easy, everyone would be doing it. Trust me, skating coaches in America,Canada, Europe, or anywhere else are not above "gaming the system". Everyone designs their programs to get as many points as possible. Eteri's skaters just are able to do harder things (quads, difficult transitions, combinations) through talent and hard work, and get more points because of it. Everyone needs to stop pretending like there is some shortcut they are taking.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Not at all. There are many reasons why people support raising the age limit, and many people have solid reasons for their opinions and have offered at least anecdotal evidence in support of their views. There are many "true reasons" why a change might be considered.

However, I believe that such people are in the minority. This does not make them either right or wrong.

I have offered many reasons.

You may not like the reasons, you may say the reasons are unsupported, you may say they are bad reasons. But they are still reasons.

Inferred rampant jealousy of a particular coach or a particular country may be an unsupported reason and bad reason to argue for keeping the current ages, in my view. But it’s still a reason.:)

All the reasons ever posted here, that could be at least somehow called reasons, could be reduced to "I don't like it because..." (aestetics, mostly, like "I wanna see grown women"). Which is perfectly subjective. The only true reason that could be heard and answered to me is the health. So far I don't see any evidence that skating in juniors rather than in seniors would be somehow less dangerous to health. The junior category should serve as a preparation for the big competitions and some protection for the young athletes gaining experience, though the age eligibility shouldn't serve as the protection of the seniors, that's the other way around than what is the purpose.

Nevertheless, this is a question talked so many times here that I doubt it could bring anything new.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I don’t know if Ksenia Sinitsina just grew a lot recently, but she looks very skinny in her recent photos. Her chubby cheeks are gone :( I hope she’s doing well.

esteticlove

Final Flight
But I see they have succeeded in making the traditional leg kick look even more awkward. :slink:

In fact, I really like it. It's variated, kind of reminds me of Aliona's leg grap from her junior season. It also shows great technical control, to be able to balance oneself by doing such a weird move.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Now you've got me twice. I am not sure what this emoticon means, and I am not sure what Hmmmmmm means in this context.

In the 1920s and 1930s Austria was a skating power house. In the late 1930s British ladies won 9 world championship medals. U.S. men won 12 straight world championships from 1948 to 1959. Russian men won three straight Olympic gold medals and 7 straight world championships in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

All very interesting, to be sure.

Sorry for the confusion I don't even know what that emoticon means. And I hadn't even had any beers yet. ;)

Hmmmm means it's an interesting point that needs to be thought over.

Status
Not open for further replies.