2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 176 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Of course she would never say that, she would need years of therapy or to be in her 20s to get to that conclusion herself, that’s my interpretation of what happened, I thought it was clear it was my interpretation and not something from an interview, my pardon. What was said by her in interviews is quoted with phrases like “she said”.

About Eteri wanting stability, it’s the logical thing any coach would go for.

I don’t know if I totally understand your comment, or if you completely understood mine.

Or what she's feeling is exactly what she said and with years of therapy she still wouldn't feel like what you're projecting? What I don't understand is why people are always speculating about these girls (not just your post). Everything from how they're feeling, if they're girly, if they like princessy programs and pretty dresses, eating disorders, etc. We don't know them personally and the little information we have from their interviews isn't enough to come to any of these conclusions.

Amei

Record Breaker

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Seems like poor management that the paperwork has not been filed at this point with the Fed.

Does anyone know if there is going to be any type of penalty incurred for transferring outside the transfer window or is the Fed giving leeway due to the strangeness of this offseason?

she will compete forthe Sambo but she will train with Plushenko..like Medvedeva with Orser. If Plushenko's special permisson doesn't work. he wants to ask that.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
she will compete forthe Sambo but she will train with Plushenko..like Medvedeva with Orser. If Plushenko's special permisson doesn't work. he wants to ask that.

Plushenko's request for an exception was already rejected.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Seems like poor management that the paperwork has not been filed at this point with the Fed.

Does anyone know if there is going to be any type of penalty incurred for transferring outside the transfer window or is the Fed giving leeway due to the strangeness of this offseason?
I don't know.
However, when Plushenko did not hand in his paperwork (for a different issue) in time (also August) at RusFed in 2010 he was deemed ineligible for a whole season and could not compete.

icetug

Medalist
I don't know.
However, when Plushenko did not hand in his paperwork (for a different issue) in time (also August) at RusFed in 2010 he was deemed ineligible for a whole season and could not compete.

Just a small idea - what if Aliona doesn't want to take part in competition this season? The more it's international part is still uncertain... So what if changing coaches so late and prolonging process of getting RusFed papers is thought for giving her some extra time to recover from injuries and start next season stronger and greatly prepared?

macy

Record Breaker
Just a small idea - what if Aliona doesn't want to take part in competition this season? The more it's international part is still uncertain... So what if changing coaches so late and prolonging process of getting RusFed papers is thought for giving her some extra time to recover from injuries and start next season stronger and greatly prepared?

if this wasn't the season before the olympic season, i might be more inclined to say it wouldn't hurt her, but taking this season off no matter how small it might be is not a good idea. she will need to be in the buildup to Beijing cementing her place in the top Russian ladies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

I think Rusfed will be willing to go for exceptions in Aliona's case. She's one of the top 3 seniors in Russia, so in no way it would be ok to not let her apply later as an exception.

icetug

Medalist
if this wasn't the season before the olympic season, i might be more inclined to say it wouldn't hurt her, but taking this season off no matter how small it might be is not a good idea. she will need to be in the buildup to Beijing cementing her place in the top Russian ladies.

In fact it's the Olympic season to decide who is going to be sent to Olympics... Aliona already is the top Russian lady but even the best results this season don't guarantee her a spot for Olympics.
I can be wrong and she hopefully is in perfect shape but if rumors about her back, hip and ankle injury are true, it can be both a reason she left/was kicked out the TT as well as why she doesn't rush to fulfill all that official paper staff.

karina17

Final Flight
In fact it's the Olympic season to decide who is going to be sent to Olympics... Aliona already is the top Russian lady but even the best results this season don't guarantee her a spot for Olympics.
I can be wrong and she hopefully is in perfect shape but if rumors about her back, hip and ankle injury are true, it can be both a reason she left/was kicked out the TT as well as why she doesn't rush to fulfill all that official paper staff.

Wait, back, hip and ankle? Where are the rumours coming from?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
With Daria, Maiia and Kamila turning senior during the Olympic season two GP spots won't be as easy to get for all ladies and the competition will be more intense.. so sitting out the season is not exactly the thing to do right now..

Scott512

Record Breaker

There absolutely should be penalties. They are breaking all the rules. if Aliona even as much as I like her and think she's the best lady skater in the world has not handed in the transfer paperwork and she's still skating for plushenko its absolutely ridiculous. All of this ridiculousness just makes me appreciate Alina and her unbelievable professionalism even more.

macy

Record Breaker

obviously, but its important to be a leading athlete in the seasons leading up to it, not to mention she only has 1 season as a senior under her belt. she was the top Russian lady this past season, not in 20-21 or 21-22. coming into the olympics as a dominant, consistent athlete only solidifies the best chances you have at the olympic team. taking this season off and then coming back when Kamila, Maiia and Dasha make their debuts is not a wise idea as they will be fighting for spots too. we can't deny when skaters take time off, they fade into the background and especially easily with the Russian ladies when new skaters are always coming up. it is very easy to get pushed to the back.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Where is the rumor she was kicked out of Eteri’s group coming from?
If she was in fact kicked out, then no penalty should be given to her. Perhaps the coach should be looked at if it’s true she was kicked out.

I feel bad for Aliona. Nobody would need that stress this year.

macy

Record Breaker
If she was in fact kicked out, then no penalty should be given to her. Perhaps the coach should be looked at if it’s true she was kicked out.

i'm not sure either, but Daniil said in his video she told them she was leaving. that doesn't sound like being kicked out to me.

GINO

On the Ice
I don’t think we should rush to vilify Aliona quite yet - we don’t know what internal negotiations are going on between Sambo and Angels of Plushenko, and they need both signatures on the paperwork. And I’m sure Aliona isn’t the one personally having those conversations. There are a lot of people involved. If her first day of training was August 3rd, then isn’t today the deadline? Or is it 10 business days which would be next Monday?

Everything will be fine with papers and Alena will train with the angels, but the main problem is that she will not represents the colors of Plushenko's academy, and I think this is very important for Evgeny(not only prestige but also money), it is difficult to say how he will treat the Sambo-70 athlete in his team. And yes, Julia, do not take seriously the criticism of Alena from some users, they will always support only Eteri, even though yesterday they admired Alena.

Amei

Record Breaker

This is the first I've heard there was a 'rumor' that she was kicked out, however I do know some people mentioned part of Eteri's comment (took the snippet out below) when the split was announced that it definitely could have been construed that she was kicked out.

Part of Eteri's Statement:
And now from Alena we have received a whole list of girls non grata. That's where we parted with her ...

If she was in fact kicked out, then no penalty should be given to her. Perhaps the coach should be looked at if it’s true she was kicked out. .

If she was kicked out then yes she should not get any type of penalty for going outside the transfer window (since she has no choice but to seek other coaching). I disagree that Eteri should be looked at if Kostornaia was kicked out, at this point the only version of events we have are Eteri's which states that Kostornaia made unreasonable requests - or at least unreasonable in Eteri's mind. There's no harm in a coach or a figure skater deciding they are no longer compatible for a continued relationship.

sparklestan

On the Ice

The rumor I heard was Eteri kicked Aliona out as a way to motivate her under the assumption she’d come back and work harder (similar to what happened with Alina all those years ago), but Aliona simply left and didn’t try to come back and that made Eteri very mad.

I have no clue if there’s any ounce of truth to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.