2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 177 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I disagree. I think that "most people" are content with the current age limit of 15.

I don’t know if Ksenia Sinitsina just grew a lot recently, but she looks very skinny in her recent photos. Her chubby cheeks are gone :( I hope she’s doing well.

Probaby she lost weight in order to rotate better her jumps. Or even learn new jumps like triple axel or a quad.

I don’t think we should rush to vilify Aliona quite yet - we don’t know what internal negotiations are going on between Sambo and Angels of Plushenko, and they need both signatures on the paperwork. And I’m sure Aliona isn’t the one personally having those conversations. There are a lot of people involved. If her first day of training was August 3rd, then isn’t today the deadline? Or is it 10 business days which would be next Monday?
No vilifying her at all. AK is a brilliant bright light in figure skating. But we have to point out that Aliona transferred two months after the May 31st deadline which has caused problems for the Russian federation. I am sad for Aliona. But once this is straightened out she will be the great figure skater we remember from last season. But this should be a lesson for everyone that no one should be immune to the rules and regulations.

Where is the rumor she was kicked out of Eteri’s group coming from?
If she was in fact kicked out, then no penalty should be given to her. Perhaps the coach should be looked at if it’s true she was kicked out.

I feel bad for Aliona. Nobody would need that stress this year.

She wasn't kicked out. Who would kick out a skater that had almost a perfect debut season? Aliona transferred 2 months after the May 31st transfer deadline. Thats the problem. Whoever advised her to do this is partly responsible for the mess that exists today. It will be cleaned up and she will skate great again. But I'm sure other Russian skaters are taking notice that you can do coaching transfers after the deadline. Someone should respect and protect the coaches and their rights. The FED certainly did not do that in this case. EG will not forget. We know she was devastated when Evgenia left but that was in the transfer period. And when Sasha left in May that was in the transfer period. These devastating losses for the coach who took them from nothing to something great is understandable. But the Aliona transfer is even more devastating because Ruasian Federation transfer rules were tweaked if not broken to have this take place. And if anyone can't admit that they are not fair and impartial.

All the best Alena. This will get resolved and she will skate great again for Russia. But her transfer is a complicatef mess.

ruga

Final Flight

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't know if it's okay to single her out from other skaters like that. She is obviously talented, but what would be the purpose of this? Will she compete at Senior Cup? But so could Daria, Maiia, Anna F. since they are all 14 yo and senior eligible in local competitions.

Yes I want kamila in senior test skates all the cup of Russia events she can enter and any local Challenger she can attend. She's going to be in Russian Nationals so let's prepare her for that.They've got to prepare her for the next Winter Olympics as well especially if it's on time.

Scott512

Record Breaker
what would the purpose of this be if she can't compete as a senior internationally until next year? hype going into her first senior nationals and the olympics?

The purpose is to get her ready Macy! Why? Because she is Russia's next great skater.

macy

Record Breaker
They shouldn't put too much pressure on her through expectations. It can turn very counterproductive.

yeah, in many cases.

i guess i'm not sure what skating at senior test skates will do for Kamila if she is eligible for senior nationals this year.

ruga

Final Flight
Yes I want kamila in senior test skates all the cup of Russia events she can enter and any local Challenger she can attend. She's going to be in Russian Nationals so let's prepare her for that.They've got to prepare her for the next Winter Olympics as well especially if it's on time.
Yes but Maiia and Daria are also probably going to Russian nationals, why not invite them too then? Why not invite all promising juniors that are eligible for Nats? And why not invite promising novices to junior test skates if they're eligible for local competitions as well? Besides, as already mentioned, it puts a lot of pressure on her and singles her out from others, which is not useful neither for Kamila, nor for her competitors.

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Are junior skaters going to have the opportunity to qualify for senior nationals this year now that the JGP has been cancelled? Isn’t the rule normally that if you make the JGPF and are 14+ you qualify even if you didn’t do the cup events as a senior? Could that be what this is about? They want her at nationals as a senior so they’re going to have her test as a senior and send her to the senior cup events?

silveruskate

On the Ice
The purpose is to get her ready Macy! Why? Because she is Russia's next great skater.

Alina Zagitova was able to win the Olympics so I don't think there is any need to specially change the rules. Aside from making either the senior skaters or Kamila more nervous, I don't know what it will do.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Are junior skaters going to have the opportunity to qualify for senior nationals this year now that the JGP has been cancelled? Isn’t the rule normally that if you make the JGPF and are 14+ you qualify even if you didn’t do the cup events as a senior? Could that be what this is about? They want her at nationals as a senior so they’re going to have her test as a senior and send her to the senior cup events?

All the qualification rules are changed this season, not just the junuirs who qualified through JGP, but also seniors, because the GP model is - well, we still don't know what ISU comes up with. The main way how to qualify will be probably only through the Russian Cup, both for juniors and seniors (and juniors competing at senior nationals).

silveruskate

On the Ice
With the Kostornaia transfer issue, as Eteri has gone on record to say they parted with her instead of "she left us" will that not help with the transfer?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Everything will be fine with papers and Alena will train with the angels, but the main problem is that she will not represents the colors of Plushenko's academy, and I think this is very important for Evgeny(not only prestige but also money), it is difficult to say how he will treat the Sambo-70 athlete in his team. And yes, Julia, do not take seriously the criticism of Alena from some users, they will always support only Eteri, even though yesterday they admired Alena.

How can things be fine with the papers when the transfer occurred two months after the transfer deadline closed?

Plushenko accepted a skater 2 months after the transfer deadline was closed. If he doesn't get to have her compete under plushenko academy this season those are the breaks. But this is very awkward for aliona. But it's only temporary.

Everyone admires Aliona for being the best lady skater in the world last season and for being so likable. But if Alina did a coaching transfer 2 months after the transfer window closed the uproar would be much greater in Russian ladies thread.;)

I sincerely doubt Aliona will lose any fans over this controversy. You can be a supporter of EG and aliona. Trust me we want to see her skate more than we want to see EG coach. :)

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
All the qualification rules are changed this season, not just the junuirs who qualified through JGP, but also seniors, because the GP model is - well, we still don't know what ISU comes up with. The main way how to qualify will be probably only through the Russian Cup, both for juniors and seniors (and juniors competing at senior nationals).

So these new rules have not yet been announced? Ordinarily the most promising skaters (senior and junior) can skip the cup events to qualify through whatever GP they’re doing but at least for juniors there won’t be that opportunity this year. Are there going to be new rules that will allow the 14 year olds the opportunity to qualify for senior nationals or will they have to skate at both junior and senior cup events in order to have the same season they would have had with the JGP? Is that even allowed? Seems like maybe there won’t be any qualification for juniors if they need to ensure Kamila does senior cup events so she can get to nationals. What I don’t understand is why make an exception for her but not for others?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina Zagitova was able to win the Olympics so I don't think there is any need to specially change the rules. Aside from making either the senior skaters or Kamila more nervous, I don't know what it will do.

KV will obviously face much tougher Olympic caliber competition than Alina had. AZ had only a Evgenia to deal with at high caliber. KV will have Alina Anna Sasha Aliona Alysa Young You Rika and others. That's totally insane competition! The Russian Federation needs to get Kamila ready this season. Even if they have to bend the rules to do so. They're very good at that. ;)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
RusFed is considering to let Kamila skate at senior test skates
https://rsport.ria.ru/amp/20200812/1575709247.html#click=https://t.co/j0okyU7HGw

I’m failing to see what’s the point in that...
It won’t give her competitive experience, there won’t be any scores or placements - those are just test skates.
Will Kamila do junior and senior test skates? Seems unnecessary, test skates are there to see the programs and get feedback, she will get the same one no matter which test skates she’s taking part in.
Building hype? She’s already pretty well known, this will barely add anything to it.
Really can’t see any point in Kamila doing senior test skates.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So these new rules have not yet been announced? Ordinarily the most promising skaters (senior and junior) can skip the cup events to qualify through whatever GP they’re doing but at least for juniors there won’t be that opportunity this year. Are there going to be new rules that will allow the 14 year olds the opportunity to qualify for senior nationals or will they have to skate at both junior and senior cup events in order to have the same season they would have had with the JGP? Is that even allowed? Seems like maybe there won’t be any qualification for juniors if they need to ensure Kamila does senior cup events so she can get to nationals. What I don’t understand is why make an exception for her but not for others?

So far they (FFKKR) announced they are working on variants depending on how the international season will look like. That was before ISU announced there will be GP, though we still don't know the exact model of participation on particular events as well as how skaters will qualify for the GP finals. I expect we will learn more about qualification for the Russian Nationals when we will know more about this. Or, alternatively, after the senior test skates.

Status
Not open for further replies.