2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 178 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

macy

Record Breaker
KV will obviously face much tougher Olympic caliber competition than Alina had. AZ had only a Evgenia to deal with at high caliber. KV will have Alina Anna Sasha Aliona Alysa Young You Rika and others. That's totally insane competition! The Russian Federation needs to get Kamila ready this season. Even if they have to bend the rules to do so. They're very good at that. ;)

lets not get ahead of ourselves quite yet ;)

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I’m failing to see what’s the point in that...
It won’t give her competitive experience, there won’t be any scores or placements - those are just test skates.
Will Kamila do junior and senior test skates? Seems unnecessary, test skates are there to see the programs and get feedback, she will get the same one no matter which test skates she’s taking part in.
Building hype? She’s already pretty well known, this will barely add anything to it.
Really can’t see any point in Kamila doing senior test skates.

The argument i believe is very logical is that her level of performance is already on a senior level. So from that point of view (which, lets not forget, include ISU officials too) she is certainly more 'equal' with the current seniors team than with the current juniors. I agree that can make additional pressure on her. But, if she personally agreed to skate with seniors, that's fine I guess.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
The argument i believe is very logical is that her level of performance is already on a senior level. So from that point of view she is already more 'equal' with the current seniors than with the current juniors. But i agree that can make additional pressure on her. Well, if it is her choice, that's fine.
Sorry but that could also have been said for anna, sasha and alyona 2 seasons ago. I mean they showed at rusnats that they could outskate the seniors and still they werent allowed to skate at senior test skate if i remember correctly.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Sorry but that could also have been said for anna, sasha and alyona 2 seasons ago. I mean they showed at rusnats that they could outskate the seniors and still they werent allowed to skate at senior test skate if i remember correctly.
Yes, it could, but it didn't happen. And according to the international judges, the fact is - Kamila's performances were even on a higher level than theirs junior performances. Maybe they are just more assured she is ready for seniors, simple as that... The other logical reason i see is that her programmes are not ready yet, so they decided to allow her to skate later with seniors, when she is more ready to perform them. It's a test skate after all, nothing more than that...

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's happened to me more than once. ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

You remember correctly. But these are different times fabi. The pandemic has changed everything in life and sports. Because of the pandemic kamila may be able to skate some senior competitions this season even if they're just domestic senior competitions in a Russia. It will do her nothing but good in my opinion.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Am I the only one who thinks that Kamila isn’t ready for seniors? She is extremely talented but she doesn’t really emote with her face or connect with her music and her movements are rushed rushed rushed. I don’t think I can blame the choreographer this time because other skaters in this same group do not rush as much as Kamila does.
Maybe she’s injured at the moment and it’s worth a shot to try to get her into the senior test skates lineup so she has time to heal?

*****Notice that in this post I never once said that Kamila is weak or stupid or untalented or ugly or a diva. Because none of that is true. And all of that is cruel to write about a child. It’s sad I constantly have to say this, but I don’t hate the Russians.

zounger

Medalist
Independetly if Valieva is talented, not ready for seniors, injured or whatever I don't see a single valid reason for her to be in senior test skates since there are junior test skates and she is junior.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
It makes no difference to me when and in which group there will be a test run for Valieva. No difference. I just want all athletes were healthy and happy. I want to ask Scott why Kostornaya's transfer from Tutberidze makes you so indignant when it happened many times with other skaters. What I remember in the recent past is the transition of Frolova and Kanysheva, which happened at the height of the season. Nobody was outraged. And at the same time, with enthusiasm, you propose to make an inexplicable exception to the rules for Valieva, which has never happened before in a similar situation. The pandemic has affected all athletes. Not only Camila. Alena too. Dilemma.:scratch2:
Added: now I read your last post in the topic "Tutberidze Effect". I have already received an answer to my question

Scott512

Record Breaker
It makes no difference to me when and in which group there will be a test run for Valieva. No difference. I just want all athletes were healthy and happy. I want to ask Scott why Kostornaya's transfer from Tutberidze makes you so indignant when it happened many times with other skaters. What I remember in the recent past is the transition of Frolova and Kanysheva, which happened at the height of the season. Nobody was outraged. And at the same time, with enthusiasm, you propose to make an inexplicable exception to the rules for Valieva, which has never happened before in a similar situation. The pandemic has affected all athletes. Not only Camila. Alena too. Dilemma.:scratch2:

Two reasons first being she had almost a perfect debut season so changing coaches seems puzzling on that level. Secondly and most importantly she did this 2 months after the transfer deadline closed. Think of it like this in baseball or football or whatever sport you like there's always a trading deadline or transfer deadline for the teams and its athletes. You are not allowed to make trades or transfers after a certain deadline. We all get that . But it appears that the Russian Federation is going to let this happen. I will of course go to cheer for aliona just like last year appreciating her greatness as a figure skater and as of last year the best lady figure skater in the world.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Independetly if Valieva is talented, not ready for seniors, injured or whatever I don't see a single valid reason for her to be in senior test skates since there are junior test skates and she is junior.

Well, it's not the point how we personally see it. Because the subject is a TEST skate, I would try to summarize what my knowledge about it is telling me:
1. Objectively, numbers don't lie. In many aspects she had been evaluated by the international judges last year, she scored the same as seniors. In some of them she was already the highest scored one in the world, in some of them she was almost there. When someone could run 9.8 on a 100 meters, the 'audience' would want to see them on the bigger stages, no matter the age.
2. Her programmes/performances are simply not ready yet, and will be a little bit later in a time of the senior performances. And i really don't see the reason why other people and skaters should be affected by it, if it is a test skate we are talking about. Which means, she would get a better feedback about her skating (the point of the test skates) in that time than in a month earlier. Or Russian federation think she will, no matter the subject, get a better feedback from them at that time.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Am I the only one who thinks that Kamila isn’t ready for seniors? She is extremely talented but she doesn’t really emote with her face or connect with her music and her movements are rushed rushed rushed. I don’t think I can blame the choreographer this time because other skaters in this same group do not rush as much as Kamila does.
Maybe she’s injured at the moment and it’s worth a shot to try to get her into the senior test skates lineup so she has time to heal?

*****Notice that in this post I never once said that Kamila is weak or stupid or untalented or ugly or a diva. Because none of that is true. And all of that is cruel to write about a child. It’s sad I constantly have to say this, but I don’t hate the Russians.

Why would anyone thank you hate the Russians? They can be criticized as long as it's Justified.

As for KV some skaters emote with their faces. Maybe that will come in time. Maybe it will be up to her coach as to whether she skates junior or Senior Open skates and any other domestic event where there's a chance she could skate on the senior level again senior competition.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Two reasons first being she had almost a perfect debut season so changing coaches seems puzzling on that level. Secondly and most importantly she did this 2 months after the transfer deadline closed. Think of it like this in baseball or football or whatever sport you like there's always a trading deadline or transfer deadline for the teams and its athletes. You are not allowed to make trades or transfers after a certain deadline. We all get that . But it appears that the Russian Federation is going to let this happen. I will of course go to cheer for aliona just like last year appreciating her greatness as a figure skater and as of last year the best lady figure skater in the world.

I apologize for editing my question too late. Thanks for this partial answer, though.:)

Happy Skates

Final Flight

Sure Kamila isn't perfect, but neither are the seniors. And having her compete with the seniors could help her improve these things so that she is ready to compete seniors in the Olympic year.

There are several reasons! Kamila is eligible for Beijing and is a strong contender for the team. She will be a first year senior when the time comes, with almost no senior experience by the time the Olympics comes. This is a really quick and difficult transition. Yes, others have done it, but it doesn't mean its not difficult. Allowing her to compete with seniors will help to give her more senior experience before the Olympics comes.

And what makes this year different than most is that there is no fall international season. Kamila only has one international junior competition left - Junior Worlds - and who knows if that is even going to happen! Might as well start preparing for her Senior debut now and get as much practice against her senior competitors for the Olympics as she can. Since there is no JGP to qualify for, there's not much of a point to do junior test skates. She is the clear number one among juniors currently. Among senior Olympic contenders its a different story.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I feel like this decision would put too much pressure on Kamila. I think it would be better if they just treat her the same as the other juniors :scratch2:
She tends to get nervous in competitions, I imagine it would be more if she is the only junior that's pushed and treated as a senior.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I apologize for editing my question too late. Thanks for this partial answer, though.:)

You're welcome! If I answered your question twice that's even better.;)

I am most interested in Sasha's R&J and how different it will be then the typical Romeo and Juliet free Skate. Is there such a thing as a rock and roll Romeo and Juliet? If there is Sasha may do it. Very much looking forward to seeing this in open skates in about a month.

dlco

Rinkside
Am I the only one who thinks that Kamila isn’t ready for seniors?
Kamila is number 5 in last season Best list. Only 3A and Kihira are higher. So if she is not ready, then only four Ladies in the world are ready.
She is extremely talented but she doesn’t really emote with her face
She emotes beautifully, much better than Kihira, Miyahara, Bell or Tennell.
or connect with her music and her movements are rushed rushed rushed.
Don't know what you're talking about. She connects to the music perfectly, both of her programs are pieces of art, especially SP. Speed, grace and magic on ice.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Skating wise, I do think Kamila is ready for seniors, as her international scores are among the top Russian senior ladies, but I don't think she should be doing senior test skates. It's too much pressure, especially if she is singled out as the only junior to be skating the senior event. She's only had one international junior season and she needs more experience. This is way too much hype around Kamila, and generally skaters do well their first senior season because they have less hype around them and less pressure. They struggle the second season because there is added pressure as everyone knows them by then. Alina said as much.

I understand why they would want her to do the senior events as that could give her more experience, like when they had her skate at Rostelecom's gala before she made her junior debut. But, this is different. The competition experience has to be built up gradually, and this is way too much for having only skated one international season. I don't think this extra senior experience will be beneficial compared to the cost, I'd rather Kamila go into her first senior season with less pressure; the judges will reward her for what she puts out there.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I feel like this decision would put too much pressure on Kamila. I think it would be better if they just treat her the same as the other juniors :scratch2:
She tends to get nervous in competitions, I imagine it would be more if she is the only junior that's pushed and treated as a senior.

Isn't it better that Kamila works through her nerves now, two years out from the Olympics rather than in the Olympic season? She eventually will have to compete at this level, and now is the perfect time to start.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Skating wise, I do think Kamila is ready for seniors, as her international scores are among the top Russian senior ladies, but I don't think she should be doing senior test skates. It's too much pressure, especially if she is singled out as the only junior to be skating the senior event. She's only had one international junior season and she needs more experience. This is way too much hype around Kamila, and generally skaters do well their first senior season because they have less hype around them and less pressure. They struggle the second season because there is added pressure as everyone knows them by then. Alina said as much.

I understand why they would want her to do the senior events as that could give her more experience, like when they had her skate at Rostelecom's gala before she made her junior debut. But, this is different. The competition experience has to be built up gradually, and this is way too much for having only skated one international season. I don't think this extra senior experience will be beneficial compared to the cost, I'd rather Kamila go into her first senior season with less pressure; the judges will reward her for what she puts out there.

But why we are seeing the test skates as something high pressured for the skaters, when in fact is not. I mean, i watched ice dance test skate already and many of the skaters were skipping their elements when they wanted to. It's not like people were competing there. It's all about the feedback for their programmes and elements, nothing more than that :confused2:

Status
Not open for further replies.