Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
What happened to the transmission, the last 3 couples were missing... I hope this does not happen with the girls, especially when the eterigirls skate...

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Something has happened to the fed's technical camera, since there's no stream either on Channel1 website or their youtube.

LadyB

Record Breaker
OMG, they’re the same person?!? Muravyova and Muravieva?

Yeah, Ichatdelune explained it beautifully how it relates to the actual pronunciation = вьева is usually pronounced ‘vyova’.

Yess, another warhorse I actually love, albeit preferably in ice dance.

icetug

Medalist
On paper, if they are not ready enough to compete and qualify to Nationals. Or some force majeur if Russian Cup event is cancelled. But the latter is valid not only for them.

So it means they (if ready) have the same possibility to qualify to the Nationals as others, even though they are a new pair?

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
So it means they (if ready) have the same possibility to qualify to the Nationals as others, even though they are a new pair?

They have to qualify to Russian Cup from St. Petersburg Cup. If they manage to do ut, they have the same chances as the others.

klena

On the Ice
Correct me if I’m wrong: So there’s a little girl named Sofia Muravyova who WAS invited to the test skates, but another girl named Sofia Muravieva who was not. Yes? I assume these girls are too young to have fan fests, so could anyone tell me about their coaches, prospects in the sport?

It's the same girl with different transliteraton of surname (Муравьёва).

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
(deep sigh) I guess I'll have to wait until videos are uploaded to the 1tv website...

- - - Updated - - -

did i miss something good?

You were fortunate to miss the Ghost program with voiceovers, the other two weren't bad but there were a lot of falls

LadyB

Record Breaker
My stream works perfectly all the way through...

...until it switched to ice dance without me noticing as I was on the phone! :laugh: Start of season teething problems.
Just as well my beloved Mozer gang wasn’t there.

hanca

Record Breaker
You can catch up everything on youtube. I had been watching from the very beginning and missed 2/3 of the second part because of stream breaking up.
You can’t watch it on YouTube. On YouTube there is only the first three skaters, not the last three.

kmw227

On the Ice
Country
United-States
A couple of thoughts:

I really wish Akhanteva/Kolesov got a new free skate. They're already not the most interesting pair and Shine On You Crazy Diamond does them absolutely no favors :noshake:

I enjoy Artemeva/Nazarychev quite a bit, but man they sure struggle with that throw flip a lot. I noticed it last year, but her rotation on it is SO delayed, that could've been what caused the big issue today. Still really like them (and that ridiculous free skate) a lot though!