Russian Senior Test Skates 2022 | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Russian Senior Test Skates 2022

Paz

Rinkside
Aliev - and I think to myself, What a Wonderful Skate!
Positively spectacular.

Great last 4 skaters here. The producers got it right.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I gotta say that Mukhortova/Evgen’ev we’re standout for me in pairs, not to detract from M/G, but I kindda feel that Moskvina’s team is dropping the ball on programs’ comps. And men were a total gift for my birthday. Like, who knew that Russian men can carry a FS? 😇 Glad to see Ignatov, Danielian, Kolyada, Mozalev and Aliev all reaching for the right stuff. 🙌❤️🍀

Lurker11

On the Ice
Russians never fails to entertain us, what a great two skating days, if somebody doesn't like them don't watch them , it is easier instead going spreading hate all around.
Looking forward for the Russian grand prix
Like I said, they've complained for years how they'd like no Russians at their events, they get their wish yet no-one watched the ISU Lombardia Trophy with the current world champion competing. They're all hanging out watching the domestic Russian test skates instead. I don't get it.

They've said for years how unfair it is to the larger figured skaters with adult bodies that thin Russian girls are winning everything. Well Kamila has grown few more inches over the past 12 months, put on more weight more muscle. She has a woman's body now. Instead of being thrilled at seeing a Russian figure skater with an adult woman's body skating incredibly well, they seem more upset and angry with Kamila than ever before.

It's really bizarre.

Lurker11

On the Ice
I thought the voiceover at the start of Kamila's free skate from the Truman Show soundtrack, but I read that they used actual news reports from the Olympics. If that's correct, I'm seriously impressed with Gleik.

bramweld

Record Breaker
When will Liza and Egor correct their posture and extension issues? If you're going to do these types of programs especially for Liza you cannot be winded at the end and the hunched shoulders make it difficult to buy into the concept. But, but I welcome any couple willing to give something a try, but the version by Giles and Poirier is much much more interesting.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I gotta say that Mukhortova/Evgen’ev we’re standout for me in pairs, not to detract from M/G, but I kindda feel that Moskvina’s team is dropping the ball on programs’ comps. And men were a total gift for my birthday. Like, who knew that Russian men can carry a FS? 😇 Glad to see Ignatov, Danielian, Kolyada, Mozalev and Aliev all reaching for the right stuff. 🙌❤️🍀
Happy birthday, babe! 🥂

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
well i would say The girls and especially Eteris team can actually be glad that this year is only domestic competition. yes the skaters skate most of eteris girls have a current injury. be it kamila who is also injured apparently even according to her , sasha has a back injury, honestly i dont think we will see anna this season either , or mabye only at the very end. ,maya is also out for a bit because of her cut tendon in her hand , daria is only ow getting back after her hip injury , and i also dont think we will see much of aljona to be fair this season as she recovers from her operation .

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
i also have to say i found the programms besides lizas and actually sashas sp to be a bit lacking compared to the past few seasons. adelia is a bright young girls and she does listen to the music .i liked her sp butnher freeskate music well i found it boring. while kami skates as good as ever her short programm is again at this point repetitive. too similiar in the music and choreo to the last two seasons which makes it boring for me to watch. yes it works for her but i wish they would have tried something different. because they can do that this year i mean its the best year to try something new. her fp programm well she shows emotions more than i have ever seen her but i will not say anything on the programm itself because i feel sick knowing that the team who caused all of this now put a programm to her that makes her relieve those feelings every time she steps on the ce for her fp. and i am scared if that will not have mental repercussions for kamila herself . .i actualy did like sashas performance more than i thought i would , yes she still needs to work a lot but in my eyes she did look better in her presentation as before. sofia a. i love her and ahe stayed with last years sp but i liked the fp programms of past seasons more at least at this point in time. liza i loved her programms . not something she usually skates to and she shows she can do something different. her 3l is still textbook perfect , and a solid 3a (at least almost
no falling ect.)

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Personally, I am happy to see other Russian women skaters getting the spotlight, and I was surprised they didn’t invite a few more women to the test skates. But, then again, I am hoping to see some of them try alternative path. Imo, Murav’yeva is the most interesting skater to come out of Russia in the last 3 years/since I started watching. She has more artistic and dramatic range than even Medvedeva did.