2021 Worlds: Men's' Short Program | Page 93 | Golden Skate

2021 Worlds: Men's' Short Program

Fluture

Record Breaker
Guys, where are the 5 points betwen Chen and Kolyada come from? I would see Misha on 3rd and just trying to understand.

One of them is named Nathan Chen and has a few World Golds to his name. The other...not.

But I agree, Nathan skated slow and cautiously today (other than the fabulous step sequence). His PCS should be a lot lower.

Anyway, I enjoyed this. Now waiting for pairs!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Shoma I love you,but sometimes I just want to hit you too WHY damnit, WHY????....

Congrats to the podium and Yuzuru deservedly in first. I think his scores were too low for what he brought, that was clearly the skate of the night - it's just such a cool program and totally on fire! :love2: 🥰 :love2: Love, love, love it!!!

Yuma not succumbing to pressure and early group nervousness, very good - altough I'm not into that program at all. Also shout out to Keegan Messing who did so well. Nathan shouldn't be too sad, I still think he's going to win this. Mikhail Kolyada was a bit stiff imho, but well done. And poor poor Vincent. Man, what a shock. Also Boyang....*sniff*

CrazyKittenLady

💔
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
That would be devastating for Russia
The goal for the Russian men is to keep their two spots. Thus far both Misha and Zhenya have done brilliantly, so we can all get our hopes up. Earning that third spot still would only ever be a bonus, not something to be expected. Keep in mind that Misha completely skipped last season and Zhenya's only international ISU competition before Worlds was a JGP in 2017.
Considering that, they've both already exceeded expectations with their placements in the short! :bow:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
i'm going to miss most of pairs free tonight :frown: but i'll make sure to be here for the last 2 groups! see you later!

I'm going to miss it all. Apart from the fact that I am doing other things tonight, I don't think I'll have the SP finished in time.

Put it like this - I've only just watched Scimeca / Frazer there now! :eek:

I really should have started in earlier and got much further in before the Men started. :slink:

Whatever you are doing, enjoy yourself! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The most fun group to watch in the free will be the second group.

Brezina, Grassl, Bychenko, Valisjevs... and a couple I'm not familiar with.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
This Worlds is turning about to be really something. Surprises everywhere. At least in the singles. Not surprised that all three Japanese men are in the top ten, with a 1-2 finish. Kagiyama’s proving to be a tough, consistent competitor.

Chen still has a real shot at the gold, but he better be clean. He hasn’t fallen on a jump in more than two years. I hope, no I pray that Kolyada has a great free skate. I don’t know about the three spots, but it’s looking doable. Cha’s also in great position to gain a spot for Korean men.

readernick

Medalist
Due to the judging shenanigans, Yuzuru will still need to be crystal clean to stand a chance of winning. Anything less than JNat quality and he will probably lose!
Possibly, but it will be an issue of BV and not because the judges don't love him. Everyone loves Yuzuru.