2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1170 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

klena

On the Ice
Mr best fisherman Sergey Viktorovich is with Aliona on the harness working on her 3A
sd1.gif

starlight97

Final Flight
Is that a record? o_O
Maybe it’s a good thing, we aren’t getting into arguments about nonsense :ROFLMAO:
This year there won't be insane coaching changes to gossip during the off season either. At least not by the prominent girls that are going for the OG. So let's see just how dry and peaceful the coming months will be xD

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
no posts here in over 24 hours o_O
The season is finishing and all the drama happened already (or I hope so, I don't think it would benefit anyone to start a new drama before the olympic season). I'll start a new threat for the next season at the beginning of may as that is the time when the current season officially ends in Russia.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Today, I started reading the 2017-18 Russian Ladies thread and it was fun to relive that season. Of course for me, the interesting drama was the juniors. Tarakanova and Kostornaya just switched to Eteri, Anna broke her leg, Sasha going for the quad, and all the political intrigue of getting places for the JGP. Fun stuff. I kind of breezed through the seniors because I really only liked Zagitova and Tsurskaya. Never a fan of Med's skating or theatrics, and the rest were pretty much the same and were either over the hill or not good enough.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I can't find the 'juniors going senior' thread, so I'll ask here- do we know for sure that Usacheva and Khromykh are going senior? It makes sense for them, but I can't find a confirmation anywhere.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I can't find the 'juniors going senior' thread, so I'll ask here- do we know for sure that Usacheva and Khromykh are going senior? It makes sense for them, but I can't find a confirmation anywhere.
I think both will go senior, it doesn’t make much sense for them to stay as juniors.
2 super Sofias are coming into juniors, so the fight for the podium will be very challenging in juniors too.
Besides, I believe both would want to try their best at qualifying for Olympics.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
This year there won't be insane coaching changes to gossip during the off season either. At least not by the prominent girls that are going for the OG. So let's see just how dry and peaceful the coming months will be xD
Last year, while there were rumours about Sasha already so it wasn't a surprise, I bet nobody truly expected little devil's way there and back again. You simply has to expect even the unexpectable :)

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
My top 3 performances by Russian ladies this season:

1. Anna Shcherbakova, FS, Russian Nationals
2. Kamila Valieva, SP, Channel 1 Cup
3. Kamila Valieva, FS, Channel 1 Cup

:points:
Mine:
Seniors:
1. Anna's FS at nationals (in fact SP too considering the circumstances). I can hardly imagine something that would top that within the next several years.
2. Kamila, SP at the Russian Cup final.
3. Maiia, FS at the Russian Cup final. Her two clean quads after the long struggle are among the most moving moments in figure skating.

Juniors:
1. SuperSonic, FS at the Russian Cup final.
2. Adeliya, FS at the junior nationals.
3. Liza Berestovskaya, SP at the stage two of the Russian Cup.

Last edited:

chasingneverland

Record Breaker
No reason for them not too. They (and Kamila) haven't competed domestically as Juniors in over a year. They all placed in the top 5 at RusNats (with all contenders for next years Olympics minus Aliona present). Both Kamila and Daria have no international junior competitions left to go to. They've medaled at everything at the Junior level. As for Maiia, it doesn't do her any good to get beaten even domestically by Sofia A.

Eteri never keeps her students as juniors anyway when they can turn senior (for the ladies anyway).

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Juniors:
1. SuperSonic, FS at the Russian Cup final.
2. Adeliya, FS at the junior nationals.
3. Liza Berestovskaya, SP at the stage two of the Russian Cup.
Is this Sofia Akatieva? She, Kamila, Anna, and Daria are the main programs I've rewatched many times. Also, Maiia's FS at Russian Cup Final. Or is that who SuperSonic is? I was thinking the Sonia/Sonic connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.