2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Free Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2022 U.S. Nationals: Senior Pairs Free Skate

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
US pair scores are really inflated. In the free, KMT-M skated at least as well as Ashley and Tim (A&T made a couple of mistakes (bobble from Tim and double salchow from Ashley) and KMT made the error on the twist, and yet they are 6 points different? Come on. Not sure which federation I'm more upset at. This just goes to show that federations need to be closer. It can't be this different depending on which nation you skate for.
National scores don't count for records, so it doesn't really matter.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Hurrah for Ashley and Tim! I am so happy for them. I'm sorry for Jessica and Brian, a couple I also enjoy a lot watching, but in this case it's fair that Ashley and Tim get the Olympic spot. And what a programme, never mind they weren't perfect. Those lines....

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So what time does the rest of the free dance start? I couldn't catch what the announcer was saying.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
US pair scores are really inflated. In the free, KMT-M skated at least as well as Ashley and Tim (A&T made a couple of mistakes (bobble from Tim and double salchow from Ashley) and KMT made the error on the twist, and yet they are 6 points different? Come on. Not sure which federation I'm more upset at. This just goes to show that federations need to be closer. It can't be this different depending on which nation you skate for.
MTM always make errors on their twists. It's a really weak element for them, and it's one of the more critical point-getters in pairs--a team can lose a lot of points when they mess it. More so than doubling a triple salchow. MTM's lifts are IMO on the weak side as well, certainly they are scary to watch much of the time since Marinaro is anything but sure-footed. While you can't really compare across competitions, with different tech and judging panels, IMO MTM have been getting weaker, relative to the top 3 US pairs.