2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2022 Olympics Team Event Day3: Pairs Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought y'all are salty, but that's because I hadn't read what other Brazilians say. The Youtube chat is, ahem, interesting...
Never read the YouTube comments! They are shocking!

I hope they weren't jerks to M/G :( they could have been hurt!

OK here they are.

Is it pronounced Peng or Pung though?

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
New costume for Vanessa! Back to the onesie look. Glad she looks uninjured, although the collision footage didn't do anything to elevate my opinion of J/R as a pair.
As if your opinion of James/Radford is an earthshaking big deal of any enormous consequence. Collisions in practice happen. There was no intention on the part of either pair for this to occur. J/R were at the very edge of the rink, not blindly moving around in center pathways. Skaters don't have eyes in the sides or backs of their heads. With the speeds they reach, accidents such as this can happen in a split second w/o a lot of warning. There is absolutely no need to make more out of it than necessary. And definitely, there's no need to assign blame to either team.

Did NBC engage in chocking James/Radford????!!! Or, did I miss their skate on NBC, who are way behind the live feed?

Sigh, I get so tired of the overt and subtle dismissiveness and mischaracterization of Vanessa James that has been ongoing. She's courageous and incredibly strong for even trying to forge a long-lasting career in this biased sport.

ffloweer

Rinkside
Country
Argentina
Omg that fall was very unexpected! I thought it looked a little shaky, but it was very shoking. I hope they both are well

s_parks

Record Breaker
Ugh the Chinese pairs are both bringing back the ugly FoDs. Get those points though, I guess...

Jasira

Mishki and Queen Anna
Medalist
Country
Germany
O boy, that fall was scary. I hope that they are okay. :( But they seemed a bit off the whole skate. Probably nerves. It is their first Olympics after all and they are still young.