2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2022 Winter Olympics: Pairs Free Skate

Ksenia

Spectator
She cant compete with Keegan and his flag. Sometimes bigger is better. Andthose Russians arentsobadandhere hey were the victims.T and M i feel for them. They deserved gold. I looked at their sp and they deserved firstor atleast a tie overall. They were pure skating. Iknow the Chinese were the sentimentalfavorutes and lovely to watch too But if there was fair karma at least T and m deserve a world title. Great skatng from the top teams really a dead heat.
I think the little girl might be Shen Xue & Zhao Hongbo's daughter!

SO HAPPY for Sui & Han for such a beautiful and emotional program❤️ Congratulations to all the pairs!

treeloving

Medalist
From skating score twitter; it seems that the judge score top 3 in a three way splits. What would happen if 6.0 is still in used?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
You could not write the script. That was an Olympic FS final as you like it. No ifs and buts, everything clear cut. Everything deserved. I'm exhausted and so happy, I'm totally in party mode. Pour me another one @elektra blue !

I think I'm in a major dilemma with gala and hockey final (I hope I've got the times wrong). Killer, but we'll see.
Thanks for being there and fantastic as ever! Laters! 👋
here it comes 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷
Oh god Saransk. :dbana: It's good that you got so much hand-holding practice here @elektra blue, I count on you to get me through it!
at you're servie. i'll make sure i'll bring the good stuff too 🍷

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
From skating score twitter; it seems that the judge score top 3 in a three way splits. What would happen if 6.0 is still in used?
The first tiebreaker was achieving the most placements of firsts + seconds. If still tied after that, it would go down to 3rds, etc.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Max just posted on his insta: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you. Then you win.
Whilst holding T/M's silver medal in his hand. 😍😍😍😍😍
Can you post a link or screenshot? I dont have social media accounts, but would love to see this.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Or maybe that he has been criticized a lot after he took over T/M. Even in Russian media he was laughed at.

To be fair before T/M, Trankov wasn't even coaching full time. Eteri and her team are not pair coach. The only true pair technician coach in that group is Sliuserenko so you can't really fault people for doubting.

But people who have been watching T/M for years know what their problem is. It's all mental.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
"2006 Olympic champion Roman Kostomarov commented on the silver medal of Russian figure skaters Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov at the Beijing Games.

“The gap from the Chinese really turned out to be minimal. I think our guys skated awesome and brilliantly. They showed their maximum. But, unfortunately, the Chinese did the same. Plus, an important advantage for them was, albeit small, but a touch on the results of the short program. Questions may arise, but Sui and Tsun have shown truly champion skating over the past few years. Although the Chinese do not look as stately as our guys, they are not as tall, they are very artistic, plastic and purely perform elements: throws, rotations. For Tarasov and Morozov, second place is a huge achievement, ”Kostomarov told RT."

fishing

Rinkside
i hope they rebound at words. i am so sad. maybe they can hire duhame to kick some butt.
Don’t they already have Meghan’s husband as their coach? Doesn’t she already consult with them? Meghan was Kirstin’s biggest competition for nearly her entire career in Canada. This was Kirstin’s chance to shine. It would be a weird vibe now but they do need help. Will they go to Worlds or give the teams left at home a start at more international exposure and competition? Looking forward to good Canadian skates there regardless of who they send.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Can you post a link or screenshot? I dont have social media accounts, but would love to see this.
Here you are, some words are in Finnish, but i think it does not matter, the text in Russia, Google translator did quite good job
Сначала они не замечают тебя, потом смеются над тобой, затем борются с тобой. А потом ты побеждаешь.
wuVOrefgzacNEWDlouNZZE3NnvJxlifsdqcbJhGTFRJ276glm7avryn_orLhejmLy0y0_CbcqERSisKoWj_Y5Pl4mfmgOr88CjRdMJnGtBONTaRB89octBDLw9Y8ubBL7UxQeQK7

techgirl

Rinkside

Morozov answered about possible retirement:

"Ending career? At first we have to end this season - there is Channel One Cup, World Championship. There are plans to continue career."

withwings

On the Ice
Not a right moment of course to post... saw just the very last pairs and K/F in the midst of work duties but I cannot hold myself :-( not to post! Such a joy and REAL Olympic moment this Pair event! Immensely happy for all the three medalists:hap10: IMHO T/M silver is more than gold for them- it IS their gold medal!! They skated two clean, mesmerizing performances, they were excellent!! a true classical beauty and perfection of pair figure skating. S/H was better than T/M; they had it all- perfection! So glad for both pair teams!! Little bit sad that for Moskvina because this was the last time we see her as a coach, but Tamara is enough wise to take it in productive way and M/G were brilliant anyway, Both her teams has a great future.

Very glad for K/F!!!!! and both American teams!!! but i have not seen yet all competition and all competitors
THe main thing- the Olympic spirit is back!! Thank you Pair event!

whatif

Medalist
T/M had a lot of struggles since Mozer dumped them. Until Eteri took them in, they did not even have ice to train on. Not sure what Tutberidze's coaching has been for them other than providing the ice and resources but Trankov did a very good job getting them mentally prepared.