2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2022 World Figure Skating Championships: Men's Free Skate

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalist!
Happy for Vincent after all his struggles since Olys
Congrats to Camden for delivering an amazing FS and getting a small medal!

Great job by the French, Italian and Canadian Men for retaining their 2 spots (Thank you, Roman!)

AND although Kazuki didn't have the FS I'm sure he wanted to
he still has that new PB SP score (first time 100+ for him) and managed 6th overall, guaranteeing him 2 GPs next season
I also noticed a slight boost in his PCS compared to what he's been awarded up until now (judges finally getting onboard?)

All things considered, I'm calling this competition a win for him and a postitve end to his season

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I’m happy with the top three. Due to biased reasons I really like seeing Vincent Zhou getting a medal with this particular FS program, and as a fan of the Japanese men in general, I could only be happier if Kazuki had managed some better landings. Still, there’s time.

For Shoma, this was a long wait, and oh do deserved. For Yuma, his form of the day just seems to determine the color of the medal this year. He can be proud, too.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Although I'm a bit sad for Ilia, he is still young and this will be a great learning experience for him. It's great to see Vincent finish the season on high note as its been a roller coaster year for him. I must admit that the happiest moment for me was seeing Camden have the skate of his LIFE!!!!! I have liked him since he was a junior but lately, I have wondered if he was still motivated to skate the way he used to. It was like watching his dreams come true for the World to see. These Worlds have been great for the US and if things hold through the Ice Dancing, we'll have medals in every discipline. When was the last time that happened?

Last edited:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder how this will play out for Camden. He’d announced that he was starting college this fall and I had assumed that meant he would be saying goodbye to the sport. Will he reconsider? Or will he want to go out on this wonderful, improbable result?

Why not do both? Isn't that what Nathan did?

Spiralgraph

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Although I'm a bit sad for Ilia, he is still young and this will be a great learning experience for him. It's great to see Vincent finish the season on high note as its been a roller coaster year for him. I must admit that the happiest moment for me was seeing Camden have the skate of his LIFE!!!!! I have liked him since he was a junior but lately, I have wondered if he was still motivated to skate the was he used to. It was like watching his dreams come true for the World to see. These Worlds have been great for the US and if things hold through the Ice Dancing, we'll have medals in every discipline. When was the last time that happened?

When was the last time that happened? I saw the answer on the other skating forum. The year was 1967!

Congratulations to all the men's medalists! I'm very happy for Vincent. I really appreciated Shomo's skating at the Olympics, so his winning brought a smile to my face. Kagiyama too. And Camden.. lovely and powerful skating; he reminds me of Paul Wylie's skating. A pretty good men's competition after all.

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Torvill and Dean would like a word with you.

But Shoma was great and I am thrilled for him. And Vincent, and Camden, and Roman, and all the others here who have been similarly maligned and unfairly criticized over the years. Well done, gentlemen!
Opps my bad. Amended to say singles program!

chloepoco

Medalist
Was Lambiel always such a narcissist, jesus let Shoma have his moment!! Hugging him, pulling him, being all over home. Then hugging the other dude in front of him so we can't even see Shoma, and after that basically latching onto Shoma again like a leech. I saw way more Lambiel than Shoma after the scores were announced.
I think it’s wonderful that a coach is so happy for his student! And Shoma is always acknowledging how important Stephane is to him. If Shoma is ok with, that’s all that matters.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
If there's not an article with that as the title, we riot.

Yaaaas!!!

Ah I should go to bed ASAP, but I wanna see the medal ceremony!!!
I did wonder why you want to go to bed already and then I noticed that you have to be from Australia with your nick, lol.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Camden lives! Clean Camden. At Worlds! :cheer:

I admire Nathan and I like seeing him skate. But his withdrawals have allowed two American skaters at two different Worlds to have the skates of their lives: Grant Hochstein (2016) and Camden.

Very happy for this podium. Not the best frees for all of them, but the right medalists.

mrrice

Record Breaker
When was the last time that happened? I saw the answer on the other skating forum. The year was 1967!

Congratulations to all the men's medalists! I'm very happy for Vincent. I really appreciated Shomo's skating at the Olympics, so his winning brought a smile to my face. Kagiyama too. And Camden.. lovely and powerful skating; he reminds me of Paul Wylie's skating. A pretty good men's competition after all.
I love this site for so many reasons and this is another one of them. :thank:
:thank::thank:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder how this will play out for Camden. He’d announced that he was starting college this fall and I had assumed that meant he would be saying goodbye to the sport. Will he reconsider? Or will he want to go out on this wonderful, improbable result?

Camden said he intended to continue skating, and studying.

Hopefully it could work for him like it did for Nathan🤞

silveruskate

On the Ice
I think it’s wonderful that a coach is so happy for his student! And Shoma is always acknowledging how important Stephane is to him. If Shoma is ok with, that’s all that matters.
Yeah this has always happened to Shoma. Behind Yuzu's shadow and now being tread on by Lambiel but he doesn't know anything different so is ok with it. But no what Lambiel did there is not cool he should control himself.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah this has always happened to Shoma. Behind Yuzu's shadow and now being tread on by Lambiel but he doesn't know anything different so is ok with it. But no what Lambiel did there is not cool he should control himself.

Raf did the same thing to Nathan. Should he control himself?

If Shoma is fine with Stéphane, I'm fine with Stéphane. Clearly he has brought out the best in Shoma.

Congrats to Shoma, a deserving champion!

silveruskate

On the Ice
Raf did the same thing to Nathan. Should he control himself?

If Shoma is fine with Stéphane, I'm fine with Stéphane. Clearly he has brought out the best in Shoma.

Congrats to Shoma, a deserving champion!
Whataboutism? You should know about people doing that from the speakeasy thread. ;)

I can watch the Nathan one again since I don't remember but I believe RAF always raises Nathan's arm up and urges him to go forward and celebrate. Lambiel basically smothered Shoma, and got in front of him that we could see more Lambiel than Shoma the whole time. I wanted to see how Shoma felt not attention seeking Lambiel. Not the biggest deficit a coach can have I agree.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm very happy that Shoma got his gold medal, a well deserved moment and one of the most beautiful SPs I've ever seen. Just like Lambiel, he has artistry that cannot be learnt, one either has it or not. His skating was mature since juniors.

Well done for Yuma also, he has many years ahead to become a world champion and carry on the tradition of wonderful japanese skaters.