2023 Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Championships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Saint Petersburg Figure Skating Championships

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So the Little Liza story making the rounds is that her non acceptance to the event was related to a physical that wasn’t passed (or not taken depending on the version).

Her camp is saying she has a cold so she would not have competed anyway.

The reports of her not being in SPb appear to be correct, as she was spotted in Sochi.

There is no evidence supporting my conspiracy theory, but I wonder if her allegations against her coaches a few months ago didn’t play some role.

The same ones that caused the current feud between her and the returning Talalaikina.

I’m glad this thing happened so we have something to talk about pre event since Big Liza has to be the huge favorite to win the event. Hahaha

Also good for those of you that watch the men since it looks like that entry list is falling apart.

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Also good for those of you that watch the men since it looks like that entry list is falling apart

Aliev, Mozalev, Lutfullin, Ignatov, Danielyan, Vetlugin are still here, don't they deserve attention? This is quite an impressive team, no worse than at any stage of the RGP.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aliev, Mozalev, Lutfullin, Ignatov, Danielyan, Vetlugin are still here, don't they deserve attention? This is quite an impressive team, no worse than at any stage of the RGP.
My comment was directed to the number of withdrawals and not the quality.

Quality wise, I’ll take your word for it, since I don’t watch men’s skating and have no idea who any of the above are. So I’m the last person that will comment on the field’s strength.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The draw was held. Everyone who is in the starting order will perform. And Danielian and K/A will also skate outside of competition at the end of their disciplines. Talalaikina is still on the list.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ksenia and Sofia are on their own league.
Perhaps they lack the technical sophistication of the Moscow girls, but they are both beautiful and very feminine in their own way!
I am delighted with the flawless skating.

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
I missed the girls but happy to see Polina in 3rd and Ksenia having a better comp than the Channel 1 cup