2023 Nordics Open | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Nordics Open

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Once again they have not updated the result page but protocols are up. I have short pause so I copy only the top senior women.

1. Janna Jyrkinen 60.98
2. Josefin Taljegård SWE 58.00
3. Nella Pelkonen FIN 57.57
4. Olivia Lisko FIN
5. Linnea Kilsand NOR
6. Minja Peltonen FIN
7. Mia Caroline Risa Comez NOR

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Result pages are now updated. As expected Andreas Nordeback has a clear lead and Swedes are at places 1. 2. and 3.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I payed for the stream. Hope this helps Icelandic figure skating a bit :) I watched junior men’s SP so far. Casper skated first and had to wait a long time for his score until he had to leave without it. Long delay due to technical issues with judging panel. The four next skaters got an extra warm up.

This must be the best I’ve seen Casper perform. Some small mistakes but great steps and spins 65.65.

Fun that you can pick up some of the comments from coach/skater:

Rainer (ROU) never heard of him… he lives in Canada. I thought I had a chance at this competition(did he mean to get the minimums for junior worlds maybe?) They’re disappointed with the axel… oh well you did your best was it fun… I wanted to do some more 39.63.

Majorovs mother trying to comfort a disappointed Hugo… fall on flip so no combo. But a cartwheel for cartwheel-lovers :) 38.05

Jonathan… oh f*** LOL, frustrated: how was it a 3, what is it I don’t have, I checked all boxes, totally clean…talking about steps? 55.43

All skaters got a gift. Some examined it, some just put it away. To me at first it looked like a thermometer but then I saw there were two. Casper and his coach figured it out and Regina said it was a good thing to have? I’m still not sure but it looked like studs you use to get up when you fall through the ice. Haha, skaters on thin ice :)

The result system :tantrum:

Advanced novice boys
Erkama(FIN) 117.91
Hansson-Östergaard(DEN) 101.86
Valanov(NOR) 99.71
Eriksson(FIN) 98.62
Samuelsson(SWE) 92.02
Peltonen(FIN) 83.93

Advanced novice girls(16 skaters)
Trubitson(FIN) 119.27
Ödman(SWE) 101.71
Eskelin(FIN) 99.51

yesterday

Record Breaker
Andreas :jaw:what a lead!

And giving Arttu the lowest components? :( on the other hand, 3rd highgest TES with a fall is just :eek:
okay he skated first, nvm :shrug:
(I assume it was a fall, not time violation cause of the lower PCS)

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Men SP
Arttu is a really nice skater to watch. Fall on the 3toe after a fine 3lutz. I’m sure we’ll see him improve with time. 56.16

Andreas is really in a comfort zone with his SP but hey 3lutz2toe 79.29 new seasons best

Makar nice 2axel and 2lutz3toe but just 2loop… he can skate better :( Not talking much in k&c 59.15
Oliver clean with 3lutz3toe and 3axel :clap:but sloppy spins… satisfied in k&c: I’ve raised the bar.. I’ll do it whatever happens(what?)… I was determined to not butch the axel… tech score so-so but OK 63.60

Jan... jump problems but he got the 2axel done. Nice spins and performance. His coach talking and analyzing a lot. Sorry I don’t understand much Finnish. Finally she patted his back and they smiled. 47.19

Gabriel trying to up his game I think. Saved a 3axel, but extra turn on the 3lutz3toe and just 2flip. Passionate performance. coach: you thought the flip was ready? Gabriel’s tongue out. 62.77 seasons best

Nordebäck 79.27
Praetorius 63.60
Folkesson 62.77
Suntsev 59.15
Juusola 56.16
Ollikainen 47.19

Last edited:

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Men SP
Arttu is a really nice skater to watch. Fall on the 3toe after a fine 3lutz. I’m sure we’ll see him improve with time. 56.16

Andreas is really in a comfort soon with his SP but hey 3lutz2toe 79.29 new seasons best

Makar nice 2axel and 2lutz3toe but just 2loop… he can skate better :( Not talking much in k&c 59.15
Oliver clean with 3lutz3toe and 3axel :clap:but sloppy spins… satisfied in k&c: I’ve raised the bar.. I’ll do it whatever happens(what?)… I was determined to not butch the axel… tech score so-so but OK 63.60

Jan... jump problems but he got the 2axel done. Nice spins and performance. His coach talking and analyzing a lot. Sorry I don’t understand much Finnish. Finally she patted his back and they smiled. 47.19

Gabriel trying to up his game I think. Saved a 3axel, but extra turn on the 3lutz3toe and just 2flip. Passionate performance. coach: you thought the flip was ready? Gabriel’s tongue out. 62.77 seasons best

Nordebäck 79.27
Praetorius 63.60
Folkesson 62.77
Suntsev 59.15
Juusola 56.16
Ollikainen 47.19
I am also waiting Arttu to develop. I think I have written before about this in some other thread but nobody can read everything, I suppose, so here also: According to an article I have read about him he has not even tried skating on ice before at the age of nine because he and his family has lived in Malaysia. He has started active figure skating at the age of ten.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Junior men FP
Hugo not successful with his jumps… not happy… I felt tired legs already in warm up 86.93 124.98

Nainer clean with easier elements at the beginning and then struggling… not happy…his coach smiling trying to point out the good things… not my best but I fought… holy shit(when he saw the score) 80.94 120.57

Jari lots of mistakes. A silent k&c 89.97 134.34

Elias was pretty good… fist pumping… smiles… he’s satisfied with his score 98.28 146.89

Erik 3toe3salchov 2axel 3loop... then problems and a fall. Good spins and a nice performance. 101.35 150.37 coach and skater happy

Matias H some jump issues but fighting… 2 falls… very sad in k&c, at least his coach said hyvä once 88.55 138.13 Way to go Matias!

Jonathan ouch costly mistakes… he wants it so much, fighting for everything and playing to the audience… hiding his head in k&c. I guess junior worlds is his goal this season 100.76 156.19 Seasons best and in first but NOT happy.

Mr Carmen Matias L.. lots of mistakes but I can see the potential. Not happy… mad about the fall?… 110.82 170.81

Casper 2axel quad toe and then popping the lutz and the flip… spins and steps nice as usual. He looks taller every time I see him. Coach comments on the camel spin, that it was level4 I think… coach happy but Casper looks sad(as he should with two costly pops)… 111.17 176.82(seasons best) and he wins GOLD

Casper 176.82
Matias Lindfors 170.81
Jonathan !56.19
Erik 150.37
Elias 146.89
Matias Heinonen 138.13
Jari 134.34
Hugo 124.98
Nainer 120.57

Country
Norway
Back home from the wedding, I have been able to catch up a little on senior women SP, but not all of it yet.

A little surprised to see the big gap i PCS scoring in this event. When I saw Josefins total score I thought she actually had gotten the Worlds SP TES, but no - she got really good PCS scores, but 5 points away in TES from the Worlds min :( I guess that is why she didn´t look so happy. I guess it´s starting to get really stressful trying to get the TES....

The biggest surprise for me was Linnea Kilsand placing ahead of Mia Caroline in the SP, but it seems Linnea is finally getting her jumps back, she finally did her 3T-3T again. The judges seemed to like her, they gave her good PCS, well above what she have gotten this season. She doesn´t have the Worlds minimum but it´s looks like Mia has gotten some competition. I´m surprised to see Mia Carolines PCS, they gave her lower PCS then as a first group skater at Euros. Maybe it was the step out between the 3T-3T and the shaky landing at the 3F that did that, but I had the impression that they were kinder with PCS at a competition like Nordics.

Well, I will be able to watch the free skates today, starting with the boys :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:

Country
Norway
Ooh Mia had a really strong FS but she looked so disappointed with herself :( I wonder if it was because of the salchow fall. This is the first time she landed both the lutz and flip in the FS, only a step out on the lutz. I think the salchow mistake on in the end was a bit unexpected, every other jumping pass went so well and she has almost never fallen om a salchow the whole season... 52 points in TES, still very strong. 144 points in total. She really wanted to be on the podium, so I think that is the reason she is not so happy with her skate. Probably she would have needed at least 150 to fight for the podium

Country
Norway
Good skate from Olivia, and a very clean skate from Nella :clap: :clap:

Will they both be on the podium? Josefin is up next, she needs to skate clean to stay on the podium I think. 166 is Olivias score to beat

Country
Norway
That is the best free skate I have seen Josefin skated in a long time :clap: :clap: So nice and clean. Unless there is UR, I think she might beat Nella Pelkonens lead of 176 points, with her lead from the SP and with better component score.

Country
Norway
Oh noo... they went hard on Josefin, she just placed 1 point behind Olivia in total score and will be just off the podium :( She could see the panels calls before the scores and she was outraged, something like "they called the salchow??! I get the flip, but the salchow", and when the scores came she was really frustrated and got straight up and left the K&C angry :(

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Nella won :jaw::jaw::jaw:

This was a chaotic free skate...

Janna placed second with 167 points, Nella won with 176 points. Olivia 166 points and Josefin 165 in 4th. Mia placed 5th with 144.

TT_Fin

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
That is the best free skate I have seen Josefin skated in a long time :clap: :clap: So nice and clean. Unless there is UR, I think she might beat Nella Pelkonens lead of 176 points, with her lead from the SP and with better component score.
Nella won :jaw::jaw::jaw:

This was a chaotic free skate...

Janna placed second with 167 points, Nella won with 176 points. Olivia 166 points and Josefin 165 in 4th. Mia placed 5th with 144.
Wow, Nella has never been even near 170. She is challenging Janna now for WC spot, there are still a couple of comps left.

Edit: I think Janna is tired. She is just 15 (16 in a few days) and she has been inside quite a lot of media attention after Euros.