2023 Nordics Open | Golden Skate

2023 Nordics Open

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2023 Nordics Open will take place Feb 1-5, 2023, in Reykjavik, Iceland, at the Laugardalur Ice Arena. This international event will feature all the singles disciplines (Women and Men) at the Novice, Junior and Senior levels.

The competition will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the 2022 Special Regulations and Technical Rules for Single Skating, as well as all relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
So all disciplins are open for skaters outside of the Nordic countries now? Swedish federation thinks just seniors and juniors. But according to the ISU page novices are also included.

Swedish team
Men

Andreas Nordebäck
Gabriel Folkesson
Oliver Praetorius

Women
Josefin Taljegård
Emelie Ling
Ida Levd Nolgren

Junior men
Jonathan Egyptsson
Casper Johansson
Hugo Bostedt
Elias Sayed
Erik Pellnor

Junior women
Nina Fredriksson
Josefin Brovall
Julia Brovall
Miranda Lundgren

Novice men
Albin Samuelsson

Novice women
Alexandra Ödman
Leona Gebara
Lily Almgren - Lidman

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Finland has not confirmed the team, but I found from their sites this:

PRkiPzzqSvbvPmJ17nzqPUC120hwWbNrCYZcvrfT6dMMEKmuoive2mIYzLnmPl8tVr_wlB-7P0kC1enyc6LtXECf6yK1N5tuKF9Hzvfxbg4IKSXyCyiXAYyO8HstcKqppgR5wO0Yac5maJt9adrHAGwtknZuMeOQyWIFqF7YX2Pz7yoFKXk_AznfBX1FAA

I wonder if Janna wants to go, because it is just after Europeans, and the same about Andreas from Sweden. But both of them have possibility to win their disciplines, and Janna has already gold in novices and juniors, so this may motivate them.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So all disciplins are open for skaters outside of the Nordic countries now? Swedish federation thinks just seniors and juniors. But according to the ISU page novices are also included.
Any skater from an ISU member nation can compete: on the Junior level (since 2020) and Senior level (since 2011).

Per announcement, Novice is still restricted to the Nordic countries.

Country
Norway
Is this the correct page where it will be streamed?
Most likely I would think so. I do not think there is one common stream for Nordics, I think last year the Danish Federation had a stream, and the year before when it was in Norway it was streamed by the Norwegian skating union. I remember watching Reykjavik International competition last year and the stream was for free :)

Country
Norway
Any skater from an ISU member nation can compete: on the Junior level (since 2020) and Senior level (since 2011).

Per announcement, Novice is still restricted to the Nordic countries.

They confirmed on Instagram that there will be skaters from more nations outside Nordics countries: Italy, Estonia, Chinese Taipai and Argentina!

I´m excited to see the final entries :biggrin:

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
Most likely I would think so. I do not think there is one common stream for Nordics, I think last year the Danish Federation had a stream, and the year before when it was in Norway it was streamed by the Norwegian skating union. I remember watching Reykjavik International competition last year and the stream was for free :)
The stream will be available this year at a cost.

Country
Russia
In order of Season Best of this season (* - unofficial best if no official)
Senior Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Andreas NORDEBACK SWE 229.88
2 Makar SUNTSEV FIN 189.03
3 Oliver PRAETORIUS SWE 165.07*
4 Gabriel FOLKESSON SWE 162.23
5 Jan OLLIKAINEN FIN 160.52*
6 Arttu JUUSOLA FIN 159.58

Senior Women
No. Name Nation Score
1 Janna JYRKINEN FIN 176.96
2 Olivia LISKO FIN 171.30*
3 Josefin TALJEGARD SWE 163.76
4 Nella PELKONEN FIN 153.98
5 Gerli LIINAMAE EST 149.57
6 Mia Caroline RISA GOMEZ NOR 138.43
7 Ksenija AGAFONOVA FIN 136.70*
8 Emelie LING SWE 135.62
9 Minja PELTONEN FIN 133.15
10 Linnea KILSAND NOR 128.43
11 Frida Turiddotter BERGE NOR 123.38
- Ida LEVD NOLGREN SWE -

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Lots of FS next weekend but I probably cannot watch much this time, especially Saturday is full of other things to do. How about streams or archives, any knowledge?

Country
Norway
The result page is a bit weird now. It only shows advanced novice, and there is no starting order either. I think junior women SP is supposed to be tomorrow as well.

Country
Norway
For anyone that is interested. I bought a weekend ticket to watch the stream. You can rewind the stream on the go. Not sure it will be replays but I hope so!

Country
Norway
The result page is so and so, it´s not easy to keep up on the disciplines. Junior ladies SP group 1 in skating right now.

Country
Norway
This first group of junior ladies was a bit sad to watch :(

Babeth Hansson Ostergaard was really mad about how her skate went. It sounded like she said something like this on Danish "but I know I can do it!". The coaches struggled to comfort her, and when the scores came it sounded like she was cursing. She scored 37 points.

The Italian Anna Bodrone had a bad skate with two falls. The most sad part however was that her coach sounded really mad about her skating. I don´t understand Italian, so I could be wrong, but when the scores came she threw the jacket to the skater and got up from her chair really fast and leaving saying something in an angry voice. Tbh this coaching behavior looked scary.

Rosa Reponen had a nasty fall on her opening lutz combo. However she went into to the lead as the last skater in the first group with 49 points.

Next group is really interesting. There is Anna Flora, one of the Brovall sisters, and Iida Karhunen to mention some of them.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Anna Flora landed just landed 3T-3T! It looked like it might be a bit under. Her 2A was good too. She only did a 2Lo. 47 points into second place. She looked a bit unhappy with her score, maybe she was hoping for a new PB?