2023 Nordics Open | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Nordics Open

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just checked. Nella is missing 0.04 points for SP TES for Worlds. I suppose she got now the FS ones thought the results are not yet published when I write this.

Country
Norway
Wow, Nella has never been even near 170. She is challenging Janna now for WC spot, there are still a couple of comps left.

Edit: I think Janna is tired. She is just 15 (16 in a few days) and she has been inside quite a lot of media attention after Euros.

It looked like she skated every element clean, so it was really great skate for her. I was also expecting Janna to win.

Yes, I think it´s very possible she was tired.

I think it´s too close to Euros and was a bit roller coaster for more skaters. Mia and Josefin as well had some rather emotional reactions in K&C. Mia was very upset all though she only had one fall and two small step outs. The coach tried to encourage her and say it was good, her free skate was much better compared to Euros where she was smiling in k&c, but now she would almost not speak or tell the coach what was wrong. I think she put too much pressure on herself for this competition. It also her 3rd competition in 4 weeks with Nationals 2 weeks prior of Euros.

Josefin had a rather good skate in my opinion, but was not prepared for the scores. I know she was really hungry after Euros where she was not happy with her skate, so she had expected more with what she delivered here. The outburst she had could be indication that she is emotionally tired, maybe also because she does everything she can but still the technical score and rotation issues holds her down, and she still hasn´t got the Worlds SP TES and there is probably just one competition left now.

Andreas also looked very tired in the end of the FS. He had a bad fall on the 3A later in the program.

Country
Norway
I just checked. Nella is missing 0.04 points for SP TES for Worlds. I suppose she got now the FS ones thought the results are not yet published when I write this.
Oh the SP TES for Worlds is such a pain this season :( She got something around 60 in TES so she got the FS minimum with big margin!

Country
Norway
I havn´t been able to look at the junior ladies FS yet but I see Pernille With placed 6th in the free skate, after placing 22 in the SP :eek: She managed to climb up to 15th in total.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Back home from the wedding, I have been able to catch up a little on senior women SP, but not all of it yet.

A little surprised to see the big gap i PCS scoring in this event. When I saw Josefins total score I thought she actually had gotten the Worlds SP TES, but no - she got really good PCS scores, but 5 points away in TES from the Worlds min :( I guess that is why she didn´t look so happy. I guess it´s starting to get really stressful trying to get the TES....

The biggest surprise for me was Linnea Kilsand placing ahead of Mia Caroline in the SP, but it seems Linnea is finally getting her jumps back, she finally did her 3T-3T again. The judges seemed to like her, they gave her good PCS, well above what she have gotten this season. She doesn´t have the Worlds minimum but it´s looks like Mia has gotten some competition. I´m surprised to see Mia Carolines PCS, they gave her lower PCS then as a first group skater at Euros. Maybe it was the step out between the 3T-3T and the shaky landing at the 3F that did that, but I had the impression that they were kinder with PCS at a competition like Nordics.

Well, I will be able to watch the free skates today, starting with the boys :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:
Welcome back :) Hope it was a nice wedding. Wedding parties can be lots of fun.

Worlds without Josefin would be sad. I wonder when/if there was a worlds without a Swedish woman before? I think in the 'old' days you didn't need minimum tech to send one. It's frustrating to see the Swedish women struggling and not developing.

On the other hand Finland has lots of great women and Norway has Mia :)

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland

Worlds without Josefin would be sad. I wonder when/if there was a worlds without a Swedish woman before? I think in the 'old' days you didn't need minimum tech to send one. It's frustrating to see the Swedish women struggling and not developing.

In the beginnig of 20's big comps had qualification comps in the beginning, so skaters went there abd they had to qualify. Who had placed well last season got the spot automatically, but I do not remember exact. I just checked this some days ago because I remembered Elina Kettunen and Susanna Pöykiö placed 5th and 6th at Euros. Elina retired and Susanna and Kiira were there next year but I could not remember who was the 3rd. It was Cecilia Törn, who did not qualify.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Didn't she do something like that at some JGP comp also?
Indeed, she was 29th after the SP, placed 16th in the FS and climbed up to 21 place. Interesting enough, it was with the same total score of 115 points :biggrin:

Pernille seems to have a SP complex, but mostly she does her FS well. Maybe she needs a new SP program....

As I did mention in the Nordics skaters thread, this was kind of a skate off between Oda and Pernille about the JWC spot. Pernille had the two best scores before, but just barely and Oda could beat it with two good skates. After the SP Oda was in 13th place and 10 points ahead of Pernille before the FS and was in a position to get that JWC spot. But Oda has the opposite problem, she often does her SP best, but often bombs the FS. She scored 115.85 all together and Pernille scored 115.42, so they are basically tied. But 115 doesn´t beat Pernilles two best scores this season, so the spot will most likely be given to Pernille now.

Last edited:
Country
Norway

It was a nice wedding, but now i´m tired. They last long. Starting with the wedding ceremony at 1 pm and lasted until almost 2 am when the bride and groom finally took the night after dancing. In between of course there was dinner with 3 courses, speeches, coffee and cake and so on :)

Do you know what Josefins next competition will be? Is she going to Challenge Cup?

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Men FS
Jan Ollikainen not at his best. Lots of analyzing in k&c. I don’t know how old he is but he sounds serious like really wanting to improve. We’ll see. 97.19 and not too disappointed.

Arttu had some issues and he still skates a bit tentative. Nice to watch though. I’m so looking forward to following him. 106.78 not happy.

Makar nice start with 3lutz3toe followed by many good elements… fighting to the end. 122.43(SB)

Gabriel struggling with jumps… nice spins… good presentation and a cartwheel. 128.00 big seasons best, but he wants more

Oliver one successful 3axel… then many mistakes…please work more on spins! Oliver on the gift: what is this, looks like a pregnancy test :laugh: coach: good, you fought all the way 117.40 disappointed that he lost a medal by 0.58 points

Andreas 4toe fall… fall on one of the 3axels… otherwise pretty good, a bit uninspired and looked tired… 146.66

1 Andreas 225.93
2 Gabriel 190.77
3 Makar 181.58
4 Oliver 181.00
5 Arttu 162.94
6 Jan 144.38

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
It was a nice wedding, but now i´m tired. They last long. Starting with the wedding ceremony at 1 pm and lasted until almost 2 am when the bride and groom finally took the night after dancing. In between of course there was dinner with 3 courses, speeches, coffee and cake and so on :)

Do you know what Josefins next competition will be? Is she going to Challenge Cup?
No I don't know. I hope she has the energy to give it a final try.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not half awake. I was just making out a report about Anna-Flora's Free Skate for her Fan Fest, and when I finished analysing the Protocols, I realised that I had forgot to scroll down to Anna-Flora, and was instead analysing Iida's programme. :bang:

So, rather than just delete it, I'll post what I wrote here.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen Anna-Flora Iida's FS, so this report is done purely from the Protocols. And unfortunately, it featured a lot of minuses.

The openinge element was a Triple Flip-Triple Toe combination. And the Triple Toe was under-rotated. This resulted in GOE of -1.24; and Judges marks of three -2's; and two -3's. Nevertheless, the Base Value meant that this was her highest scoring element.

There was nothing mentioned in the protocols for her second element, the Double Axel. However, it got no positives either, with -0.22 in GOE; and Judges marks of two 0's; and three -1's.

The next two elements, the Triple Axel and the Flying Camel Spin, went very well, with no minuses. Indeed, the Axel got the second highest GOE of the programme at +0.98; and the Camel Spin got the highest set of Judges marks, with three +2's; and two +3's.

The fifth element was the Triple Lutz-Double Toe-Double Loop combination. And unfortunately, she under-rotated the Loop, resulting in -1.18 in GOE; and -2 from all the Judges. Nevertheless, the Base Value meant that this was her second highest scoring element.

And the Choreographic Sequence that followed produced her second highest set of Judges marks, with four +2's; and +3 from Judge 3. It also got GOE of +1.00. However, this was to be only a brief spell of good fortune.

The Triple Flip was a disaster. Not only did she fall, but it was landed on the quarter and did not have a clear edge. this resulted in the biggest GOE hit of the programme, at -2.65; and -5's from all the Judges.

Then she did a Triple Loop-Double Axel in sequence rather than in combination. And the Loop was under-rotated, resulting in GOE of -1.18; and -3 from four of the Judges; and -2 from Judge 3.

Fortunately, the final three elements went well, all getting positive GOE. The Triple Salchow got 0 from Judge 3; and +1 from the other four Judges. While the Change Foot Combination Spin and the Layback Spin both got the same set of Judges Marks (albeit in a different order): two +1's; one +2; and two +3's.

Typical that this should happen on the day when I have a LOT to do before the skating starts. :drama:

I'll have to leave doing the post now until tomorrow morning.

CaroLiza_fan