2023 World Championships Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023 World Championships Free Dance

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
To quote a former teacher, "if you want to send a message, call Western Union." I feel like considering all the flying and energy consumption it takes to maintain an artificial indoor rink it's a bit rich to be lectured by elite figure skaters about climate change... like, Greta Thunberg would not approve lol.

That being said, without the voice overs and stuff I greatly enjoy the Taschlers skating ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I hope the judges will keep some SBs for some of the Canadian skaters too :) just saying ;)

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Taschlers are our new power team ala Hubbell/Donohue. I love their power and depth of edges. Wonderful skills. I like the program, it has a universal concept that I can get behind. This American puts them ahead of Carreira/Ponomarenko.

Personal Opinion: If you don't believe in climate change, then you haven't been paying attention. How we deal with it, or not, is what is up for debate. This program is about them being ice, melting ice, frozen ice, flowing ice and that is what I see in this program.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel like considering all the flying and energy consumption it takes to maintain an artificial indoor rink it's a bit rich to be lectured by elite figure skaters about climate change... like, Greta Thunberg would not approve lol.
I have to admit this thought crossed my mind. Also how much longer before we are no longer able to have natural ice and/or maintain artificial ice.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now for the sublime beauty of posture and lyrical movement in a classical package that the lovely Finns represent. At this point I find myself not caring about the scores and just accepting the performances as gifts.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Come on, there was no way that was better than the Japanese. Just about everyone would agree.
The Japanese team won the Free, they lost overall because of the Short.

And to put it bluntly and perhaps unempathetically, it's nobody else's fault but theirs that they scored below the Americans in the Short. The judges were fully prepared to go with them, but Dai's twizzle mistake robbed them of exactly those points they would have needed to go higher here.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have to admit this thought crossed my mind. Also how much longer before we are no longer able to have natural ice and/or maintain artificial ice.
Yeah that crossed my mind too! Are they buying carbon offsets for the travelling?

Also, dramatic voice overs often take you out of a program, which is also a drawback to such programs.

But yeah I would hope everyone accepts climate change and that we have to fix it quick!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Someone should do a Blades of Glory style gala program and get their coaches to record enthusiastic fake commentary to play over it... maybe Charlie and Tanith for a MIDA team? ;)
Jean Luc and Kaitlin could kill such a program! You know it and I know it ;)

Yeah take us to the club Alison and Saulius! (Did she get her citizenship there yet?)