2023 World Figure Skating Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2023 World Figure Skating Championships Rhythm Dance

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Guinard/Fabbri were really good IMO. Piper and Paul being 0.87 points behind them is hardly a sign of some judging conspiracy.

For me the really baffling judging decision was Fournier-Beaudry/Sorensen being behind Fear/Gibson. FB/S were sensational IMO.

I am happy the Taschlers are in the Top 10, hopefully they will remain there after the free too.

Reed and Ambrulevicius were one of the highlights for me, really captivating oerformance.
I agree with all your points. I am fine with the Italians scoring well in the RD. Lilah and Lewis though, not so sure. I would add that chock and bates are not 4/5 points ahead the other podium contenders....

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Here is the deal :) if fans like things and these skaters do not end up winning... and I am not necessarily talking about dedicated fans.... but all fans in general, then the scoring system may be fine and fair but it is NOT matching the perception of the fans... and that matters greatly in a judged sport.... People NEED to understand why a team is 5 points better than the other. If it's some obscure thing, then people disengage.

There is only so far you can go with that in a sport like figure skating. Why do you think they got rid of the Pattern Dance this season? Why do you think they brought in choreographic elements? These are all things that were meant to bring make the sport more understandable for the average person but when it comes down to it figure skating, especially ice dance, is about intricate turns and steps and the minute difference between an inside edge and an outside one that 99% could never see in real time without years of experience.

Piper and Paul are lovely but they did not get the levels according to the judges who are all experts in the ice dance field. There are many times where people do have the right to complain about judges (for example I’m biased towards them but much of the difference between Fear/Gibson and F-B/S was GOE which is much more subjective) but this isn’t one of those situations.

Also Ice Dance is always going to be a little subjective in comparison to the other disciplines. It used to be much more subjective in the past.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
There is only so far you can go with that in a sport like figure skating. Why do you think they got rid of the Pattern Dance this season? Why do you think they brought in choreographic elements? These are all things that were meant to bring make the sport more understandable for the average person but when it comes down to it figure skating, especially ice dance, is about intricate turns and steps and the minute difference between an inside edge and an outside one that 99% could never see in real time without years of experience.

Piper and Paul are lovely but they did not get the levels according to the judges who are all experts in the ice dance field. There are many times where people do have the right to complain about judges (for example I’m biased towards them but much of the difference between Fear/Gibson and F-B/S was GOE which is much more subjective) but this isn’t one of those situations.

Also Ice Dance is always going to be a little subjective in comparison to the other disciplines. It used to be much more subjective in the past.
Fair enough but the changes missed the mark...because i am more confused than ever... bring back the keypoints lol

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Eep. Right, of course. Pairs. (Memo to self: When zipping through pages of a forum adding a string of your own comments one after another, keep track of which thread you're on .:bow::slink:)
:console:
See, here's the thing: we've all been watching this night and day since Tuesday, right? I figure that after a while it all just starts to blur together into a never-ending scratch spin. Speaking strictly for myself, I almost feel a death spiral coming on! :eek:

So much skating, so little sleep... ;)

Last edited: