2023.World Team Trophy Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023.World Team Trophy Free Dance

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well, thetre is always that French guy Guillaume Cizeron. He was a pretty good ice dancer back in the day. ;)

Can't say I noticed. I was too distracted by the Cretan goddess standing beside him. ;) :biggrin:

Very good, @Mathman. Very good. :bow: :clap: :points:

Since we're now going down the route of Williams in different languages, let's throw in the Irish version with Liam Firus (CAN).

CaroLiza_fan

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't say enough how proud of the US Skaters I am. Isabeau in 4th, Chock and Bates Winning, Alexa and Brandon Winning the SP, and Ilia sitting in pole position as we head into the free program. I can only hope things hold when all is said and done.
I think it's pretty much over unless Ilia, Jason and K/F finish dead last in their events.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It's over. USA has this in the bag. But back to dance. Good on Chock and Bates. I know people will disagree I am fine with them winning though I do not think the free or short were masterpieces and I do think the marks are ridiculous. But these scores and the Russians not able to compete and assuming PC stay out of competition might spur them on to go for Oly gold in the team and ID individually. I do think it is about luck and timing in part. They definitely had the added confidence of being WC. Then on the other end you have Piper and Paul who deserved or not seem to rise and then get dumped. I fear we may have lost them after WTT. I hope they come back and somehow create another iconic program and win WC. I think they seem to be part of some skating teams that didnt' get the good breaks ie Belbin and Agosto, Weaver and Poje, Dubreil and Lauzon.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Chock/Bates winning, fine, but with those scores? It is silly and throws a bad light on ice dance once again. Ice dance is the discipline where skating skills should be the bread and butter, not just part of the mix. Hopefully this won't go on until the next Olympics.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Chock/Bates winning, fine, but with those scores? It is silly and throws a bad light on ice dance once again. Ice dance is the discipline where skating skills should be the bread and butter, not just part of the mix. Hopefully this won't go on until the next Olympics.
Scores in ice dance are years of service, federation and mastery. People love this scoring system and want it in all disciplines.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okey dokey, I am far from an ice dance maven, but....

I think Madison and Evan slayed. I think they slayed both portions of this comp. I think their scores are deserved under the revised scoring system. That's why we don't (or shouldn't) do WRs in skating. A meaningless metric.

They were that much better than the other teams, here, at this comp,

And I could not *abide* the first version of this program. I give credit to skaters who improve during the season:hap10:

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Who was sitting with Madison and Evan in the K&C? At first I thought it was Greg Zuerlein, but that's impossible!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
P.S. I missed Will Annis? How?

You didn't miss anything. He was mentioned as part of an off topic conversation that grew out of a comment I made in passing about how few skaters there are called William.

As far as I know, he wasn't there in the audience or anything. (Although, it would be cool if he did make the trip to support his team-mates!)

Sorry for any confusion caused.

CaroLiza_fan

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, I hope that somebody skates to that song before the event is over. I love it!

Funny you should mention the Rolling Stones, because there was a film on TV last night starring Mick Jagger, "The Burnt Orange Heresy" (2019). And I was thinking "I didn't know he did any acting in films!"

I didn't watch or tape it, though.

CaroLiza_fan

My movie group watched a movie starring Mick Jagger (early 2000s I think) and one of my friends had to take back her earlier comment that he was the ugliest man she'd ever seen.

I can't find the movie title, or a list of movies he's acted in, because the lists only seem to include what he's produced. But it was one where Mick played a soft-spoken, polite man. He cleaned up really nice too, wore soft-looking suits ... he was really handsome. It surprised us all, but is a great lesson in the power of acting, the power of The Act, and which of the many personas was the real Mick. Probably All!

:ot::hijacked:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful skating, Madison and Evan, Congratulations! ā¤ļø :points: :hap10:

I now have such a crush on Geoffrey Brissaud. What commitment, what charisma on the ice! Also, I loved how they both gave the performance their everything. Left it all out on the ice. Both FD and RD.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Beautiful skating, Madison and Evan, Congratulations! ā¤ļø :points: :hap10:

I now have such a crush on Geoffrey Brissaud. What commitment, what charisma on the ice! Also, I loved how they both gave the performance their everything. Left it all out on the ice. Both FD and RD.
welcome to the club of those of have (not so) secret crushes

brissaud is a fine chap

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Okey dokey, I am far from an ice dance maven, but....

I think Madison and Evan slayed. I think they slayed both portions of this comp. I think their scores are deserved under the revised scoring system. That's why we don't (or shouldn't) do WRs in skating. A meaningless metric.

They were that much better than the other teams, here, at this comp,

And I could not *abide* the first version of this program. I give credit to skaters who improve during the season:hap10:
I actually agree with you - I thought they were on fire in both programmes and have really improved in the back end of the season. Their choreo is so intricate compared to the other two. I love Piper and Paul but they just had bad luck this year with Piperā€™s surgery. I think both the Italians and C/B skated with a bit more confidence and fire than Psquared just like at WC. I really hope Piper and Paul come back and win next year but credit to C/B and IAM for reworking and fine-tuning that FD - itā€™s beautiful and they peaked just at the right time.

All the teams were great though! So happy everyone skated well and cleanly! I love Lim and Quran so much - canā€™t wait to see how they grow.