2023 Skate Canada Women's Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Women's Free Skate

sk8coachus

X Comp. Skater
On the Ice
Lara Naki GUTMANN 🇮🇹
Prelude and Rooftop ("Vertigo" soundtrack) by Bernard Herrmann, End Credit # 1 (“Hitchcock “ soundtrack) by Danny Elfman, Suite (from "Psycho") by Bernard Herrmann

3Lz< (fall)
3T+2A+SEQ
3F
CSp4
ChSq +1.00
3Lo
3Lz+2T
2A+1Eu+2S
3S
StSq4
FCCoSp4
CCoSp4

FS: 115.73 SB (1st)
TOT: 165.73 SB (1st)

I love the dress and program, as always. I love the attention to the hand placement; throughout a l lot of the program they're positioned like claws. Lara's frees are always so solid, so it's such a shame her short programs always seem to go awry.
Anyone know who choreographed that?

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Sara-Maude DUPUIS 🇨🇦
Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 25: I. Allegro moderato by Alain Lefèvre, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra & JoAnn Falleta, Concerto de Québec: I. Allegro Moderato by Alain Lefèvre, L'Orchestre Symphonique de Québec

3Lz+2T+2Lo
2A+2T
3F (fall)
3Lo+1A
FCCoSp3
ChSq1 -.13
3T (holds on)
3Lo< (tight landing)
3S
FSSp3
StSq2
CCoSp4

FS: 99.78 SB (2nd)
TOT: 151.95 SB (2nd)

I really like this program for Sara-Maude. She clearly wants to skate it at a home Worlds, since it's a tribute to Quebec/Montreal, and I don't think she hurt her chances too badly here. Not her best skate but also quite solid.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sara-Maude DUPUIS 🇨🇦
Piano Concerto No. 3 in C minor, Op. 25: I. Allegro moderato by Alain Lefèvre, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra & JoAnn Falleta, Concerto de Québec: I. Allegro Moderato by Alain Lefèvre, L'Orchestre Symphonique de Québec

3Lz+2T+2Lo
2A+2T
3F (fall)
3Lo+1A
FCCoSp3
ChSq1 -.13
3T (holds on)
3Lo (tight landing)
3S
FSSp3
StSq2
CCoSp4

FS:
TOT:

I really like this program for Sara-Maude. She clearly wants to skate it at a home Worlds, since it's a tribute to Quebec/Montreal, and I don't think she hurt her chances too badly here. Not her best skate but also quite solid.
the issue is that she doesn't have tech mins.. and it's not like Skate Canada has any vision that anything could happen to Maddie and prevent her from competing...

figureskatingandrainbows

It's Oka ShinnosuSLAY Season!
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Kaiya RUITER 🇨🇦
Inspiration by Florian Christl, The Modern String Quintet

3Lz+3T<< (on tight curve with lutz, fall)
3Lo
3F+1Eu+3S
2A
FCCoSp4
3Lz+2T
3F (fall)
FSSp2
ChSq1 +0.75
StSq4
1A (nasty, nasty fall, poor thing)
CCoSp2

FS: 99.62 (3rd)
TOT: 155.44 (2nd)

Not as good as in practice but Kaiya clearly has so much potential. She landed all of her jumps confidently just this morning. Her transitional season from junior to senior was ruined by injury, so I can't imagine the pressure on her to skate well in front of a home audience as a senior with the looming home Worlds in the background. Her interpretation and speed look way better, and I really like this program for her. :ghug: I am happy to see her smiling in the k&c, hopefully it will only go up from here.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Gosh, she is evidently a gorgeous skater. I have nothing bad to say about her essence.

Im telling you, I noticed the ankle, hip and core weakness in her quickly, and moreso her endurance also failed her. I wish these girls would take their strength training seriously!! Its the last step for most of these girls to hit peak level.

As a skater she has it, as an athlete is where she needs more - theres a difference! But again, in essence I'm really glad I got to see her skate, she is not bad at all.