2023 Italian National Championships | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Italian National Championships

Sk8swan

On the Ice
The women short wasn't bad either.
Top 2 were definitely super, Piredda coming close after 😊

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

icewhite

Record Breaker
I see Lara popped her flip... it's a pity though not even the domestic judges give this program the scores it deserves. I like both her programs this season so much, but their originality and complexity does not get rewarded in the composition score at all.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
my children are getting me heartbreaks for Christmas, all of them i see. Matteo is injured, Lucrezia bombed her short at home and only the gods know what Daniel future will be. also when people ask why Corey switched to Italy...well we have 5 men total. 5. of this 5 two are well know cacti and no outstanding junior on sight

Sk8swan

On the Ice
I see Lara popped her flip... it's a pity though not even the domestic judges give this program the scores it deserves. I like both her programs this season so much, but their originality and complexity does not get rewarded in the composition score at all.
She actually got the highest composition score of the competition and also highest PCs though her program did not work out at all for her today. From what I have seen over the years, Italian judges have never gone too far rewarding our athletes in the second mark at nationals. In some occasion skaters would get higher pcs at international competition rather than nationals, the only exception maybe for the dance winning teams.

icewhite

Record Breaker
my children are getting me heartbreaks for Christmas, all of them i see. Matteo is injured, Lucrezia bombed her short at home and only the gods know what Daniel future will be. also when people ask why Corey switched to Italy...well we have 5 men total. 5. of this 5 two are well know cacti and no outstanding junior on sight

But 5 top men - for a mediterranean country with few rinks (who I think are mostly closed in the summer) that's not too bad!
We also have about 5 men, but none of them is anywere near that level of your top guys, none of the current ones does even have one quad...
So... yeah, I can only advise every good skater to look for some German ancestors... our competition really isn't too tight at the moment...

I think overall only France is doing better than Italy in Europe. But they actually had more men at nationals than women! That's rare I think.

I very much hope Matteo is just currently injured and will have successful surgery after Euros. :pray:

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Huh? Lucrezia and Matteo are in first place after the short with their highest score of the season? I don't consider that to be bombing! Matteo Rizzo sounds like he is being sensible and listening to his body. Prioritising Euros over nationals is probably sensible in his case. I'd prefer he missed some competitions this year had a longer career, rather than wrecking his body.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
But 5 top men - for a mediterranean country with few rinks (who I think are mostly closed in the summer) that's not too bad!
We also have about 5 men, but none of them is anywere near that level of your top guys, none of the current ones does even have one quad...
So... yeah, I can only advise every good skater to look for some German ancestors... our competition really isn't too tight at the moment...

I think overall only France is doing better than Italy in Europe. But they actually had more men at nationals than women! That's rare I think.

I very much hope Matteo is just currently injured and will have successful surgery after Euros. :pray:
this was also the case for us untill Matteo last junior season btw. i remember when our only competitive man was Ivan Righini.

Huh? Lucrezia and Matteo are in first place after the short with their highest score of the season? I don't consider that to be bombing! Matteo Rizzo sounds like he is being sensible and listening to his body. Prioritising Euros over nationals is probably sensible in his case. I'd prefer he missed some competitions this year had a longer career, rather than wrecking his body.
oops that was my mistake i meant Lara

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
this was also the case for us untill Matteo last junior season btw. i remember when our only competitive man was Ivan Righini.

oops that was my mistake i meant Lara
Ah, Lara. That makes more sense. Yes, she is probably going to struggle to retain her title now. She had the highest PCS in the short, but the lowest TES. Sarina Joos and Anna Pezzetta are a fair way ahead and have both beaten her in other competitions this season. Fortunately for Lara, your nationals are after the Euros selections were made.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Day 2 follows the same order as Day 1. So, we again start with an Ice Dance double-bill. First up are 8 Junior partnerships, arranged into two groups of 4.

Livestream for Junior Free Dance is now on air.

Here is the link for the livestream:
https://figura.fisg.tv/it/game/65816c1e1fe13f3978d8d344

Here is the Time Schedule:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/6...JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

And here is the live scoring:
https://www.fisg.it/upload/result/6234/campitassoluti/SEG010.htm

Hope this helps

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Ah, Lara. That makes more sense. Yes, she is probably going to struggle to retain her title now. She had the highest PCS in the short, but the lowest TES. Sarina Joos and Anna Pezzetta are a fair way ahead and have both beaten her in other competitions this season. Fortunately for Lara, your nationals are after the Euros selections were made.
Based on Italian Fed document published this summer, the selection for Euros is done after Nationals based on Nationals + 2 highest scores from international/domestic competitions (B international events are factored by 0.9 in the ranking. Also only 1 domestic competition is factored by 1.0, the others by 0.9).
So they may switch between those named and subs tonight.
Based on a rapid calculation, Lara is still in 2nd in the Ranking after yesterday's debacle but only by a few points. So she can't lose any more points in the FS.
Anyway, if two competitors are within 20 points in the ranking (computed as indicated above), selection committee can pick whoever they prefer among them.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Medalist
Tali/LaFornara easily won the Junior FD
Petracchi/Basile second in FS but Ventura/Frasca holds on the 2nd place overall.

Pl.NameClubNationPointsRDFD
1Noemi Maria TALI / Noah Elias LAFORNARAIcelab/Icelab
ITA.GIF
ITA
2Beatrice VENTURA / Stefano FRASCAIcelab/Icelab
ITA.GIF
ITA
3Vittoria PETRACCHI / Daniel BASILEAcc. Ghiaccio/Acc. Ghiaccio
ITA.GIF
ITA
4Alice PIZZORNI / Massimiliano BUCCIARELLIMezzaluna Ghiaccio /Mezzaluna Ghiaccio
ITA.GIF
ITA
5Arianna SOLDATI / Nicholas TAGLIABUEIcelab/Icelab
ITA.GIF
ITA
6Irene BARRERI / Alessandro di GIORGIOPat Torino/Pat Torino
ITA.GIF
ITA
7Martina LAVAZZA / Davide PETTIGIANIIcelab/Icelab
ITA.GIF
ITA
8Alessia ROCCI / Andrea CAPUCIAcc. Ghiaccio/Acc. Ghiaccio