2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2024 Four Continents Men's Free Skate

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay I have to conserve energy to not die before my darling so I will be brief. After Kyueun retired the hope of a Korean pairs team died. If Hyejin hadn't appeared literally out of nowhere it still would be dead. And because while Steven was an actual good person his back did not hold up the hope is not quite alive. That hope is what I grieve. And until we get a steady pairs team that can qualify for the Olympic team event I will feel that void. And maybe I'm a bad person but being pissed at M. Deschamps does not disturb my inner peace, it's not like I'm angry that he won gold today. He will be a bad person to me but I accept that there will be people I will not be happy with.
At this point in time, I doubt Max has anything to do with the hope of a pair team in korea. Their split happened several years ago.
On top of that, Canada is doing so much for the Korean team event chances ;) Maybe, with the wonderful talent in singles we see in the junior ranks in Korea, that Korea should build their own pairs instead of counting on Canadian men :)

I need to save my energy for my new adopted son too ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
BAHAHAHA... i just got a delivery tracker notification for groceries supposed to arrive tomorrow morning.. well.. it's already tomorrow morning now... LOL sigh...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I agree he is getting better and is learning to move on from mistakes and not impode if the program is not going perfectly. I think he could make top 10 if skates clean at worlds.
let's hope you are right about this...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Okay I have to conserve energy to not die before my darling so I will be brief. After Kyueun retired the hope of a Korean pairs team died. If Hyejin hadn't appeared literally out of nowhere it still would be dead. And because while Steven was an actual good person his back did not hold up the hope is not quite alive. That hope is what I grieve. And until we get a steady pairs team that can qualify for the Olympic team event I will feel that void. And maybe I'm a bad person but being pissed at M. Deschamps does not disturb my inner peace, it's not like I'm angry that he won gold today. He will be a bad person to me but I accept that there will be people I will not be happy with.
It's called professional courtesy and yes, when they lack it I'll judge them too.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Y'all, I am confused, did they go back to drawing between groups? Because last year they went in reverse order of where they placed after the short if that makes any sense. Probably not it's 5:30 am

readernick

Medalist
Y'all, I am confused, did they go back to drawing between groups? Because last year they went in reverse order of where they placed after the short if that makes any sense. Probably not it's 5:30 am
Yes, they went back to drawing this year. Your questions make sense even at 5:30.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They did!

I know @CaroLiza_fan doesn't like it, but I'm not sure what the general opinion is. It seems to be within reason though...like I've never seen the skater currently in 1st place go 1st in the last group or anything like that.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
23 Yuma KAGIYAMA 🇯🇵❤️
Rain, in Your Black Eyes by Ezio Bosso

4S
4F (stepout, hand)
4T+1Eu+3S
3A+2A+SEQ
FCSSp4
3A
3Lz+3T
ChSq1
3F
StSq4
CCoSp4
FCCoSp4

FS: 200.76 (1st)
TOT: 307.58 (1st)

YUMA!!!!!!!!! One minor blip but he will break 300 for the second time ever and win his first ever major senior international title! This is exactly where you want to be heading into Worlds: a new quad landed, one mistake across the programs to improve on, and momentum heading in.