Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Very low scores for So-Youn and Hae-Jin, they probably received other technical deductions (< or e) added to the fall :think: Did Rika attempt the toeloop-toeloop or flip-toeloop?

Country
Russia
Very low scores for So-Youn and Hae-Jin, they probably received other technical deductions (< or e) added to the fall :think: Did Rika attempt the toeloop-toeloop or flip-toeloop?

See fragments of protocols here https://twitter.com/thanatosrelena
Rika - 3F+3T https://twitter.com/thanatosrelena/status/498065921907245057
Riona - 3F+3T< https://twitter.com/thanatosrelena/status/498066147648892928

And here
https://twitter.com/Sanhocho/status/498034616746262529 (places 3 and 4)
https://twitter.com/Sanhocho/status/498034719150206976/photo/1 (place 5 So Yun Park)

aeviterna

Rinkside

Oh, man, << on their triples along with falling. That explains why Haejin's and Soyoun's scores are so low :eek:hwell: I hope they get it together for the free!

Junior Ladies results
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BumZeIvCcAIRzmh.jpg:large

1 Wakaba Higuchi 166.90
2 Da Bin Choi 156.95
3 Rin Nitaya 156.13
4 Miyu Nakashio 138.64
5 Na Hyun Kim 130.36
6 Ah Hyun Lim 128.21
7 Maisy Hiu Ching Ma 101.76
8 Shuran Yu 93.24

Congrats to Wakaba!! That is a healthy margin, as well. :clap:

cali1079

Rinkside
does anyone know where the junior short scores are? I'm only finding the top 4 scores. I need a full list

NMURA

Medalist
Higuchi TES 58.77
3Lz-3T(+1.4) 1Lo 3S 2A-3T 3Lz 1F 2A-2T-2Lo

Nitaya TES 51.18
3T-3T 3Lz 1Lo 2S 2A-1Lo-3S 3S 2A-2T

BusyMom

Medalist
Sadly, it seems that promoting FS events is poor in every country (except maybe Japan and Korea). (I admit "cheap" means a lot to me - the last time there was a big event in my country, the cheapest tickets for the entire event cost more than my monthly salary - and that's without accomodation! :( It would have been literally cheaper for me to travel to an event held in another country, an a luxurious tourist location, than to attent an event held locally :bang: ).
I completely understand your point. My take is just that since most of competitions in Asia (apart from Japan and S. Korea) are free why they don't consider giving other countries a chance to host their competitions. Some others might provide us with better access (results or even streaming). Politics will end up killing the sport in this corner of the world too if it keeps going in this direction. :cry:

tana

Match Penalty
any videos from the event?? i want to see park so youn's program.. what david wilson's choreography looks like..

I hope for So Youn's sake that it's not too similar to Yuna Kim's past programs. IMO, both SY and HJ already have too much of Yuna Kim's vibe going on... I'd love to see them develop into their own persons. Also, am I the only one who's tired of Wilson's choreography???

tana

Match Penalty
Japanese ladies seem to be strong this year. Satoko and Kanako in seniors, Wakaba and Riona Kato in juniors, Yuna and Marin in novice division... Looks like Korean and Chinese skaters have a lot of catching up to do. Cross my fingers for Zijun Li to have her moments in the 2015 Worlds in Shanghai XD

BusyMom

Medalist
Thank you for you kind words. This is why his coach and I chose this competition it has the benefit of being close to home but with fantastic skaters to compete against to gain experience and to know what he has to do to improve himself and be competitive.
Congratulation to you and your family. :clap:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Higuchi TES 58.77
3Lz-3T(+1.4) 1Lo 3S 2A-3T 3Lz 1F 2A-2T-2Lo

Nitaya TES 51.18
3T-3T 3Lz 1Lo 2S 2A-1Lo-3S 3S 2A-2T
Interesting that they both made two mistakes, but still Higuchi had a 7-points TES advantage... I guess it was because of BV and GOEs

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG....So Youn's PCS. What happened? I just don't get it. 5's and 6's. :eek: This really surprises me because falling on a 3z is ok and even the << happens especially on a fall but...what happened to the rest of the program? :bang:

tana

Match Penalty
OMG....So Youn's PCS. What happened? I just don't get it. 5's and 6's. :eek: This really surprises me because falling on a 3z is ok and even the << happens especially on a fall but...what happened to the rest of the program? :bang:

It just means that judges didn't like what they saw. I didn't watch the video yet, so have no idea what the issue was. But, hopefully she pulls thru in the long program.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

tana

Match Penalty
It's great to see that most of the ladies vying for the top position these days attempt either 3lz-3t or 3f-3t combinations. But I do wish more skaters would try loop combinations (3lo-3lo, 3lz-3lo, 3ft-3lo, etc.) as well. Those have become so rare... I understand the risks of loop combos, but with bigger risks come bigger rewards. Don't loop combos give you more points than toe loop combos when successfully landed?

FSGMT

Record Breaker
One question for those who read the ISU communications more carefully than I did :biggrin: Why is it written CCoSp3p4 instead of CCoSp4? I've already seen it a few times in the last protocols...

It's great to see that most of the ladies vying for the top position these days attempt either 3lz-3t or 3f-3t combinations. But I do wish more skaters would try loop combinations (3lo-3lo, 3lz-3lo, 3ft-3lo, etc.) as well. Those have become so rare... I understand the risks of loop combos, but with bigger risks come bigger rewards. Don't loop combos give you more points than toe loop combos when successfully landed?
Yes, but they are the most difficult to rotate correctly ;) most skaters receive < and << for the loop combos, and that's why for example Adelina went from a 3Lz+3Lo to an easier 3Lz+3T when she began having her jumps downgraded, it was simply not worth it (even if she's not always able to rotate correctly the 3Lz+3T, at least it is less difficult and that's why she chose it, I guess)