Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014

Kuan

Final Flight
Hi,

Does anyone happen to have the video for So Youn? I am very curious about her new program.

Thanks!

In the list above I found a very short video of So Youn doing 3S-3T in a purple dress without sleeves. Think it was her?! It is the third one. Can´t wait to see the full programm, even with fall on 3Lz

andyjo24

Medalist
Thanks for mentioning that!

Can't wait to see her new program. Although she didn't do too well here (weak spins, downgraded jumps), she did do a +1.40 GOE 3S+3T and is more than capable of improving her PCS scores.

Can't wait to also see her progress throughout the GP series! :)

aeviterna

Rinkside
Thanks to NMURA for posting the links to the videos.

I don't think this has been posted, but this seems to be HJ Kim's practice video.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzUzMTU1MDEy.html
And some other videos from the event by the same uploader.
http://i.youku.com/u/UMzcyMjg5Nzc2

I quite like her choreo! I think those first three jumps really messed with her mental game, though; she just didn't look very into it at all by the halfway point. And her 3T3T is still severely underrotated. :eek:hwell: I hope she gets it together for the actual free!

jimeonji

Final Flight
This instagram has some short runthrough videos from Haejin, Soyoun (just her 3s3t, I think) and Jinseo. Haejin's steps in her short look very interesting! I'm wondering what went wrong if she only got a level 1.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Thanks to NMURA for posting the links to the videos.

I don't think this has been posted, but this seems to be HJ Kim's practice video.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzUzMTU1MDEy.html
And some other videos from the event by the same uploader.
http://i.youku.com/u/UMzcyMjg5Nzc2
Hae-Jin's Gershwin Concerto looked pretty lifeless :slink: I hope it's because it was just a practice session... At least her flip/lutz technique improved a bit, even if most of her triples are UR or close to UR :bang:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hae-Jin's Gershwin Concerto looked pretty lifeless :slink: I hope it's because it was just a practice session... At least her flip/lutz technique improved a bit, even if most of her triples are UR or close to UR :bang:
David Wilson should get banned for a while :bang:

cooper

Medalist
i hope this is not an indication how skaters from korea will skate this season and in the next few years... it will be a disaster if no korean skater managed to qualify in their home olympics.. :eek:hwell:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i think So youn' sp choreo is good, it is just that she is kinda slow and didnot perform 100%, will wait and see how this program progress.
watch it again, typical David Wilson choreo, paid enough attention to music details, however, So Youn clearly incapable of handle it fully for now, such as timing jumps to the music, transition to spins and step sequence.
now, i really understand that not every body can do David Wilson's choreo...

tana

Match Penalty
i hope this is not an indication how skaters from korea will skate this season and in the next few years... it will be a disaster if no korean skater managed to qualify in their home olympics.. :eek:hwell:

I'd say you reap what you sow. KSU doesn't want to invest at all in figure skating, so how can you expect to see tangible results? As long as they earn multiple medals in Pyeongchang from their traditionally strong disciplines like short track and speed skating, they are content. Leave them be. Those guys will never learn until it's too late. :slink:

tana

Match Penalty
i think So youn' sp choreo is good, it is just that she is kinda slow and didnot perform 100%, will wait and see how this program progress.

At this point, I despise Wilson's choreography. It's the same old stuff. BORING. Would have much preferred to see Korean skaters work with some other choreographers like Tom Dickson or Pasquale Camerlengo.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
you could despise Wilson all you want. On the other hand, I saw good stuff in it, I think it is a good choreo, and has sparks in it, it is a step-up from SoYoun's last year's program. more difficult.

watched Haejin's SP, good choreo too, and Haejin grasped the music vibe really well.

andyjo24

Medalist
Let's give So Youn some time to digest the program. It is a higher-level program. It's great that she's challenging herself, and she certainly deserves the time to improve her performance.

tana

Match Penalty
you could despise Wilson all you want. On the other hand, I saw good stuff in it, I think it is a good choreo, and has sparks in it, it is a step-up from SoYoun's last year's program. more difficult.

Sorry, I didn't see any spark in that program. I did notice however, that she does some tango like movements in the middle of the program. How can a rondo capriccio be any related to a tango? I don't understand. It seems to me Wilson just wanted to recycle some moves from his past creations. I call it being lazy and uninspirational.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
i didnot see any tango vibe at all, what I saw is movements designed to perfectly match the texture of music, some of which, So Youn did it really well, some not for now.
I watched Soyoun Swan again, which is considerably a very successful and lovely program for her. suits her style perfect, the new SP is definitely more difficult in transitions and step sequence (I guess), and requires different type of performance. it is challenging.

tana

Match Penalty
Don't get me wrong. I like So Youn and think she's a fine skater. She's currently the best one anyway coming out of Korea post Yuna's retirement. That's why I wish she could have collaborated with someone else who really could've helped her shine. As andyjo24 said, I know it's too early in the season to judge the program's worth. So I'll wait to be pleasantly surprised. :biggrin:

aeviterna

Rinkside
Feels weird seeing Soyoun in the first flight. Hope she can pull out a great free (along with Haejin)! :yes:

elee63

Final Flight
Japanese ladies seem to be strong this year. Satoko and Kanako in seniors, Wakaba and Riona Kato in juniors, Yuna and Marin in novice division... Looks like Korean and Chinese skaters have a lot of catching up to do. Cross my fingers for Zijun Li to have her moments in the 2015 Worlds in Shanghai XD

Isn't that the way it's always been except for the one exception, yuna? Things won't be changing too fast either, Japanese skaters just have a better system and support. End of story.

tana

Match Penalty
Isn't that the way it's always been except for the one exception, yuna? Things won't be changing too fast either, Japanese skaters just have a better system and support. End of story.

Absolutely. This has been the norm all along. Japan's well-established support system for their skaters can only be compared to Russia's counterpart IMO. It'll be interesting to see how Japanese ladies fare against Russian girls in both senior and junior divisions this season.