Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy 2014

elee63

Final Flight
i hope this is not an indication how skaters from korea will skate this season and in the next few years... it will be a disaster if no korean skater managed to qualify in their home olympics.. :eek:hwell:

Doesn't the home country automatically get one skater? or is this just me being delusional? Because, you know how for Skate America, American skaters always have a place, and same for skate Canada etc. Sorry, I'm still a newb.

elee63

Final Flight
Don't get me wrong. I like So Youn and think she's a fine skater. She's currently the best one anyway coming out of Korea post Yuna's retirement. That's why I wish she could have collaborated with someone else who really could've helped her shine. As andyjo24 said, I know it's too early in the season to judge the program's worth. So I'll wait to be pleasantly surprised. :biggrin:

It is precisely because of Yuna's connections that the Korean skaters are getting a chance to work with foreign choreographers at all. They're not going to get someone whose busy working for Japan or the US or Canada. Lambiel and Wilson. That's all we're going to see for a while I'm afraid, from the Korean skaters.

elee63

Final Flight
Don't know why everyone's been so quick to make their final judgements, not only on the program, but the skaters' grasp and interpretation of it. This. Is. A. RUNTHROUGH. I thought we'd established that (?)

elee63

Final Flight
Absolutely. This has been the norm all along. Japan's well-established support system for their skaters can only be compared to Russia's counterpart IMO. It'll be interesting to see how Japanese ladies fare against Russian girls in both senior and junior divisions this season.

Agreed, It's going to be a great couple years building up to the olys, as well as after. whew.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
@thanatosrelena · 1h
They played wrong music for first skater but he said nothing and did his short again (´Д` )now he is doing his free now

:eek: Is that Tiwari? Poor guy. I read that he is intellectually disabled (and he won gold at the Special Olympics). I am really interested to see him skate.

aeviterna

Rinkside
Hooooooooooooly fricking lord. @thanatosrelena on Twitter has been updating live and the first three guys in the second flight HAVE ALL DONE POTO PROGRAMS. THREE PHANTOMS. STRAIGHT IN A ROW.

I am in utter disbelief right now.

aeviterna

Rinkside
Wait, it may have been only two programs. Lee JH and Lam definitely did them, but Tsao might have done R&J (though that's really not much of an improvement). Still, this is insane with all the POTO programs we have already.

June Hyoung Lee currently in first, already broke 200 barrier. 206.79

@thanatosrelena · 1h
They played wrong music for first skater but he said nothing and did his short again (´Д` )now he is doing his free now

:eek: Is that Tiwari? Poor guy. I read that he is intellectually disabled (and he won gold at the Special Olympics). I am really interested to see him skate.

:slink: I'm pretty stoked to see him here, but man. Good to hear he won gold at Special Olympics, though!

aeviterna

Rinkside
@thanatosrelena pic.twitter.com/Us31cNVGpe

Shoma scored 223!!!!!! He is my favorite junior and I am thrilled for him, but part of me is really thinking the judges are being too generous. He didn't debut his quad, either, but did attempt two 3As (fell on one of them). And with Wakaba's weird pop scoring I'm definitely dubious.

In other news, Jinseo also had a good skate and beat his PB by 7 points. Shaky landing on 3A (or 3A2T) but everything else was clean.

NMURA

Medalist
I counted, ten times in a row since last year.
Fell on the 3A and everything else perfect.
He should go to Kandai and ask Takeshi Honda for a help.

unico

Final Flight
Final Standings

1 Shoma Uno 223.15
2 Jin Seo KIM 209.07
3 June Hyoung LEE 206.79
4 Chih-I TSAO 176.64
5 Chiu-Ting Ronald LAM 171.79
6 Yong Min HAN 163.59
7 Harry Hau Yin LEE 138.46
8 Jordan Yu-Chia JU 136.54
9 Jui-Shu CHEN 121.40
10 Kwun Hung LEUNG 116.46
11 Raj Kumar TIWARI 86.91

The twitter (thanatosrelena) is confused and now saying that maybe Uno did put the quad in his program?
EDIT: Protocols say 4T :)

Jann

Spectator
Overscored

Just a small competition for a few skaters from Asia. Scores don't count that much. I'm just glad to see some skaters improved a lot from last season. I'm just wondering why we don't see Chinese skaters this time.

BusyMom

Medalist
now, i really understand that not every body can do David Wilson's choreo...
:agree: I love his works no matter what people think about him. It isn't a bad thing to have his own distinctive style. Great programs require good choreographer, good skater and also good performance. Bad day could throw everything out of the window in couple of minutes. I think both of the Korean girls might be tired from their travel and training in the US. Give them a break and see what they will show us in the GP. They both have the history of inconsistency but also been able to pull the magical performance out of their hats from time to time too.

aeviterna

Rinkside
Looks like Haejin's second 3Lz was nullified (first one successful, second one she fell on), TES is very low. Currently in third behind Soyoun and Kyueun.