2016 Youth Olympic Games Ice Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Youth Olympic Games Ice Dance

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Gosh, please stop misprounounce her last name! It's a slavic name, you don't read it the English way.... I like the dance :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Gosh, please stop misprounounce her last name! It's a slavic name, you don't read it the English way.... I like the dance :)

As I said, he normally commentates on Alpine skiing. And there are not as many Eastern European competitors in that sport.

Hey, if the normal figure skating commentators on British Eurosport can't get the pronounciations right when they are coming across Slavic names all the time, how do you expect a blow-in to manage it?! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I remember the Super Mario program from JGP! Too bad they didn't finish in time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
As I said, he normally commentates on Alpine skiing. And there are not as many Eastern European competitors in that sport.

Hey, if the normal figure skating commentators on British Eurosport can't get the pronounciations right when they are coming across Slavic names all the time, how do you expect a blow-in to manage it?! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

I know, but it still make me cringe when I hear it. Not that Polish commentators are any better. They can read the same name in 10 different ways :scowl:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
we have Alice in Wonderland FD! i remmeber enjoying it at JGP :luv17:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I didn't like Yurchenko/Byelikov music, but they did look good.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know, but it still make me cringe when I hear it. Not that Polish commentators are any better. They can read the same name in 10 different ways :scowl:

Oh, don't worry. I'm the same, cringing whenever commentators pronounce a name one way, and I know it should be pronounced a different way.

I liked your wee quip about your commentators! Bit like our guys and the Japanese names! :laugh:

Right, I had a visitor call, so I'm now running about 12m behind the LIVE coverage (Righi / Papetti just getting their scores). But, hopefully I'll catch up in the resurfacing.

CaroLiza_fan

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Very nice from the Lithuanians! I really liked it - and the crowd seems to have enjoyed it too.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i really like this team, they are unique and she has lovely arm/hand movements :love:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Alice in Wonderland was great!

ED: The are clearly dissapointed in scores, can't blame them.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
is it weird that i enjoyed this couple with all those animal noises? :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
there is plenty of audience today, must feel good for skaters :yahoo:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My Dad has "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" as his ringtone, so when KALEHANAVA / PALKHOUSKI started, I was about to shout "DAD! PHONE!". And then I realised it was the computer! :laugh:

The animal noises that followed were truly weird.

CaroLiza_fan

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
My Dad has "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" as his ringtone, so when KALEHANAVA / PALKHOUSKI started, I was about to shout "DAD! PHONE!". And then I realised it was the computer! :laugh:

The animal noises that followed were truly weird.

CaroLiza_fan

FS Fan problems :laugh::biggrin:

NaVi

Medalist
My favorite junior russians... but uh oh, did a hair band fall out? Something looked weird with her hair when they setup and then something fell out. Probably get a deduction for that.