2017 Europeans TV and Livestream | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans TV and Livestream

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
GERMAN Eurosport 1 (no player needed) will show Pairs FS on Thursday and Men FS on Saturday live.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
GERMAN Eurosport 1 (no player needed) will show Pairs FS on Thursday and Men FS on Saturday live.

Why do I even bother, when Eurosport keep changing their plans at the last minute? :giveup:

The sooner Eurosport expands their linear channel portfolio the better. Because 2 linear channels (not including Eurosport News) is not enough to cater for everything they have rights to. And using the excuse "but you can watch it on the Eurosport Player" is just not good enough.

What they need is a 10 linear channel network consisting of:

• 7 Eurosport International channels (available across Europe)
  • Eurosport News (available across Europe)
  • 2 Eurosport National channels (available just in the designated country)

That would take the pressure off! And they would be able to show practically everything in full! :agree:

(I say "practically" because the Eurosport Player currently has 16 streams dedicated to the Australian Open tennis. But, although 10 channels wouldn't be enough to show all those courts, they would at least be able to show on the TV all the sports that are currently getting bumped out by the tennis coverage).

I'll edit the schedule post after I do my Ice Dance predictions.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Just to clarify: even if I bought a subscription to eurosportplayer right now, that still would not allow me to watch the German Eurosport 1 broadcoast in the player (as stream), right? I mean, not without something that would trick the thing into believing I reside in Germany.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just to clarify: even if I bought a subscription to eurosportplayer right now, that still would not allow me to watch the German Eurosport 1 broadcoast in the player (as stream), right? I mean, not without something that would trick the thing into believing I reside in Germany.

I've been trying to avoid saying this outright in case somebody from Eurosport reads it and changes things.

But, if you have a subscription, you can log into any version of Eurosport Player so long as you have a VPN set to the country whose version of Eurosport you want to view before you go to the page.

However, since all versions now run off the eurosportplayer.com website rather than having individual addresses like they used to, it can sometimes be temperamental.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
I've been trying to avoid saying this outright in case somebody from Eurosport reads it and changes things.

But, if you have a subscription, you can log into any version of Eurosport Player so long as you have a VPN set to the country whose version of Eurosport you want to view before you go to the page.

However, since all versions now run off the eurosportplayer.com website rather than having individual addresses like they used to, it can sometimes be temperamental.

CaroLiza_fan

Caroliza, or any other kind soul, could you please let me know when and with which skater BESP will start Mens SP please!!!! I am at work, I left my sky box with 'instructions' to record the mens sp BUT with ladies it was down to the last group (I am still livid with rage that I have nor recording of Caro, Ivett and Laurine arr...) My favourite is Kolyada if BESP will not show him I'd better try to watch him on some stream if I get a chance. If they show last 2 groups as seems to be planned from the schedule I am okay and will watch when get at home. No spoilers in your replies please!
Many thanks in advance!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Caroliza, or any other kind soul, could you please let me know when and with which skater BESP will start Mens SP please!!!! I am at work, I left my sky box with 'instructions' to record the mens sp BUT with ladies it was down to the last group (I am still livid with rage that I have nor recording of Caro, Ivett and Laurine arr...) My favourite is Kolyada if BESP will not show him I'd better try to watch him on some stream if I get a chance. If they show last 2 groups as seems to be planned from the schedule I am okay and will watch when get at home. No spoilers in your replies please!
Many thanks in advance!

You know I am only too happy to help you out, Tutto

Here is the time schedule for the Men's SP:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/ec2017/ec2017_Men_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

Times are in CET, so knock an hour off to get them in GMT.

The Sky EPG says that the coverage starts at 13:30 GMT. But, that means they would only be showing Maurizio Zandron, and then it would be the resurfacing.

I can't see Eurosport joining any earlier than advertised, because they are showing LIVE Alpine Skiing. In fact, I think it is more likely that they will stick with the Men's Downhill until the resurfacing is over.

EDIT: Here is the start list for the Men's Downhill. It is due to start at 12:05 GMT. When the women were on the same course last week, the times were all between 1m 43s and 1m 47s. So, with the men generally being quicker, and them being allowed to set off before the previous one has finished, they should easily get all 55 men down by the time 13:30 GMT comes. IF it gets started on time (these things can be delayed by the weather).​

If we are lucky, they might show Zandron LIVE, and then show us the men that are in the top 2 or 3 positions during the resurfacing.

These changing schedules really confuse the Sky boxes, don't they?! I've missed the start of lots of things I've been attempting to record on Sky because of Eurosport changing the timings on the hop.

It is when we have situations like this that I hate Eurosport for only having 2 channels. Because, you never know what they will do.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
You know I am only too happy to help you out, Tutto

Here is the time schedule for the Men's SP:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/ec2017/ec2017_Men_SP_TimeSchedule.pdf

Times are in CET, so knock an hour off to get them in GMT.

The Sky EPG says that the coverage starts at 13:30 GMT. But, that means they would only be showing Maurizio Zandron, and then it would be the resurfacing.

I can't see Eurosport joining any earlier than advertised, because they are showing LIVE Alpine Skiing. In fact, I think it is more likely that they will stick with the Men's Downhill until the resurfacing is over.

EDIT: Here is the start list for the Men's Downhill. It is due to start at 12:05 GMT. When the women were on the same course last week, the times were all between 1m 43s and 1m 47s. So, with the men generally being quicker, and them being allowed to set off before the previous one has finished, they should easily get all 55 men down by the time 13:30 GMT comes. IF it gets started on time (these things can be delayed by the weather).​

If we are lucky, they might show Zandron LIVE, and then show us the men that are in the top 2 or 3 positions during the resurfacing.

These changing schedules really confuse the Sky boxes, don't they?! I've missed the start of lots of things I've been attempting to record on Sky because of Eurosport changing the timings on the hop.

It is when we have situations like this that I hate Eurosport for only having 2 channels. Because, you never know what they will do.

CaroLiza_fan

Caroliza, thanks a mil, you are a star! But you reminded me of yet another unpleasant problem - sky box being confused by changing schedules - it did happen to me as well now that I recall it. Oh dear I am a nervous wreck and my boss tbh might as well let me go home but alas no chance of that...
Edit: look forward to receiving your updates if you could!

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Caroliza, thanks a mil, you are a star! But you reminded me of yet another unpleasant problem - sky box being confused by changing schedules - it did happen to me as well now that I recall it. Oh dear I am a nervous wreck and my boss tbh might as well let me go home but alas no chance of that...
Edit: look forward to receiving your updates if you could!

Well, the Alpine did get underway on time. However, I just flicked over to check if there was any sign of skating, and the race was interrupted. Somebody had crashed, and they were airlifting him to hospital.

I don't know how long the race was stopped for. But, I reckon that because of the delay, Eurosport will now stay with the Alpine and not show Zandron.

EDIT: Message just came up on screen - estimated time until race re-start is 10 minutes. So, Eurosport might not wait for it to re-start after all.​

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yipes! Just checked the Live Timing - only 17 of the 55 skiers have come down!

Eurosport normally don't leave the skiing until at least 30 have come down. So, it could be a while until they join the figure skating.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eurosport just finished their coverage of the Skiing.

Skating should start after the adverts.

I'm afraid Kolyada was just starting his routine when the ads started, and had finished it by the time they ended.

So, Eurosport is starting with Besseghier.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Eurosport just finished their coverage of the Skiing.

Skating should start after the adverts.

I'm afraid Kolyada was just starting his routine when the ads started, and had finished it by the time they ended.

So, Eurosport is starting with Besseghier.

CaroLiza_fan

As I was prepared for that grim eventuality thanks to your updates I sneakly watched Kolyada on a live stream - not a good skate - never seen him to pop the axel :(